Parmele Law Firm Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.9
Daniel A. Parmele

1. I am leaving behind a great group of people. I am very thankful for every opportunity I was given at this firm.

Former Employee - Paralegal in Poplar Bluff, MO
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Poplar Bluff, MO

I worked at Parmele Law Firm

Pros

Today is very bittersweet for me. I am about to embark on a new journey in my life, but am leaving behind a great group of people. I have truly enjoyed working with everyone here and will miss the friends and teammates I've made over the last 3 years. I'm very thankful for the skills and knowledge I have obtained over the years. I started here not knowing what Social Security Disability was and now I feel like I could tell you anything there is to know about it. I'm sad to be leaving my team, but very excited about what the future holds for me. I thank Dan for every opportunity I was given at this firm and I will miss you all :)
    P.S. Thank you to everyone who has given me a phone call or sent me a message over the last week wishing me well. It means more than you know.

Cons

I have no cons to list

No, just no....

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Springfield, MO

I worked at Parmele Law Firm

Pros

Great hours - 8 to 5

Cons

Management does not appreciate nor value their employees. You are constantly told "if you arent happy, leave"
    They hold annual meeting to work towards positive things, but management never follows through. Management will be disrespectful to employees in front of others.
    Its nothing but numbers to Dan Parmele. You are micromanaged and will spend most of your day documenting what you did all day.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire. Value and be loyal to the employees that are loyal to you. If you say you are interested in changing the negative, actually change it.

Very poor work ethics, no respect, and very poor treatment of good veteran employees

I worked at Parmele Law Firm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are some very good people that work there. You do get to help many people with life changing events, and it's fast paced.

Cons

Management is a joke. The springfield office pretends to know what is going on and micro manage but have no clue. They never praise or commend good work. They only say something when it's not done to their satisfaction. Strictly about numbers and not quality of work. They throw new people in and expect them to know it right away, then don't understand why people don't stay when there is no support or positive interaction. Benefits are horrible and not affordable. They manipulate what is said before it ever reaches management, so if you do have a concern it's never known for what it really is. Their turn over rate is atrocious, most people stay a few months. I like most all the veterans have left and will be much more happy as a job should encourage you and uplift you and parmele does the opposite.

Advice to Management

Get a clue as to why no one stays...it's all upper management in springfield and the horrible training. Treat your employees like people and provide a positive work environment with respect, honesty, and a moral ethic, which I may say they lack all together.

Very poor company to work for!

Former Employee - Paralegal in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Wichita, KS

I worked at Parmele Law Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are presently no pros.

Cons

Micro managing company. Paper mill company. Control freaks.

Advice to Management

Try hiring people and let them do their job without you staring over their shoulder every minute of every day. If they are worth hiring then they should be worth trusting. Also, do not punish good employees for bad employees behavior.

Management is horrible and unprofessional

I worked at Parmele Law Firm

Pros

Was an opportunity to gain experience and get my foot in the door with no previous experience. They will hire people with no office experience whatsoever in order to not have to pay competitively. The attorneys are nice and easy to get along with, which doesn't matter as they have no say so in whether you are treated fair there or not.

Cons

As the last person stated, not a bad place to work if you get on management's good side. However, if you get on management's bad side (and you may not even know what you did wrong to make them mad), they will make your life a living hell. Write ups for 'what-if" scenarios, write ups for taking a day off when your furnace goes out and it's 8 degrees out. If you have children, forget any compassion from them if your child is sick. They will write you up if you are on their list of persons that they dislike if your child doesn't give you 12 hours notice that they are going to be ill. They are very rude and unprofessional and will not fire you, they instead will make your life hell until you are finally able to quit. Was the worst employer that I have ever had and it felt like I was in high school again. I left there for months crying at the end of everyday due to the stress and disrespect and had to be put on medication for anxiety due to the harassment that took place before I left.

Advice to Management

Act more professional towards your employees and not talk to them like they are scum to you. Making the employees stressed and making them feel helpless and worthless will only keep them from being able to do their job effectively and not be able to do their job with diligence. Advice to Dan Parmele - Hire new management. If you speak with many of your current employees, they will agree that your management is hateful and make working there miserable.

Great entry level job at decent pay for someone who never takes off work.

I worked at Parmele Law Firm

Pros

You can start to learn about the legal system in a very limited sense. There is some opportunity for advancement if the management "likes" you. It's pretty casual for a legal office. There is a sense of camaraderie within the ranks but since it highly competitive, you really shouldn't trust anyone. You truly do get to help a lot of people that deserve it, but at the same time contribute to enabling those less worthy as well.

Cons

Your supervisors, management, and coworkers will give you grief every time you want to take off. It is fast paced and tremendously stressful so everyone gets angry at each other a lot. There is no real support network in place, there is a shell of procedures for training that is never used. They definitely are quantity focused and no so much about quality. They tend to train people to be paralegals rather than take educated people so ethics violations are a concern. You feel bad because you can't give the cases the attention they deserve The benefits are okay, insurance premiums are still almost unaffordably high. They have like 20 offices so the communication is horrible and travel is often required.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Let them take time off with their loved ones; it will make them better employees. Take some of the load off your existing employees and spend the money hiring in enough staff to get the work done right. Quality is just as important as quantity, if not more.

RSS Feed </> Embed