Parrish Medical Center

www.parrishmed.com

Parrish Medical Center Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Outstanding Organization run by quality and performance oriented leaders

Board Member (Current Employee) Titusville, FL

ProsTalented and caring staff. Competitive compensation. Rewarding experience.

ConsPerformance measurements may be challenging. Changes in the Healthcare Industry are difficult to predict.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and your eyes on the horizon.

Parrish needs more supervisory oversite.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Titusville, FL

ProsParrish is one of the largest employers in Brevard County, however, there is a lack of people skills present in some of the supervisors. They pay well and have excellent benefits.

ConsHuman Resources lets Department Supervisors handle the disciplinary duties, what that means is that there is no eversite for the Supervisor and no recourse for the terminated employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn your employees names and supervise your Supervisors when terminating employees. Some Department Supervisors are not people-friendly.

Family-like among coworkers until new hospital built; then backstabbing and major butt-licking.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Titusville, FL

ProsWonderful benefits and the patients for the most part were receptive to education and info from the RNs.

ConsSenior management would not listen to workers about problems with managers, or the middle management did not pass along problems between workers and immediate managers. Middle-management did not want upper mangement to know of any problems so it made them look good. Quite a few excellent nurses left or were forced out. These were nurses with years of experience. You could build up a large amount of PLB (paid leave bank); but when you wanted to use it, you were told "we will be short handed if you take days off". Upper management always sided with doctors whenever there was an issue with the nurse and doctor--no matter who was actually right.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach member of management should work the floors on each shift once a month and not be given the easiest job or team and do not identify yourself as a member of management level. You need to see ALL the problems associated with each shift and see for yourself that your daytime job in the high up secluded office does NOT offer very good solutions to the problems. Listen to the workers--they come up with some very good solutions that really work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay away from Parrish

Rehab (Current Employee) Titusville, FL

ProsSince they are the only hospital in titusville---I guess I would say to make money

ConsI worked in Home health as a traveling PT. I found the nurses to be old school and are not very rehab orientatated as well.
    The director is very fake person, though appears friendly on the outside. The office staff are very nosey and are huge busy bodies. Once, when my drivers license was expiring I recieved a call from 1 of the busy bodies asking me if I had renewed it. They must have gone through my file and wrote the expiration day down on their calender months in advance.
    The management in home health, like to talk down to the employees and keep them under their thumb. They always asume the worst in you and are constantly checking up on you. The managment doesnt work in the field, except when they decide they need to come out and harass you for some ridiculous company policies. Most of the talented nice nurses end up leaving them because they can't stomach them for too long. They have you performing so many ridiculous company rules that you either get burned out or give lousy care. Since I don't give lousy care, out the windows go the policies. Then, they make you feel like a dirt bag while they stuff their faces with cake/goodies in the office. I respect religious people but not when they force you to get in on their act. At Parrish (including the hospital) they make you read these stupid godly healing stories. They also make you repeat the really lame parrish sayings outloud. They seem to think they are the only ones who can give good health care.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wont losten so it doesnt matter

Net Admin

Net Administrative (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits and great PLB time off

Constoo many managers, way too many managers

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Parrish Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!