Parson Consulting

Updated May 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chiheb Mahjoub

Good place to start your career

Engagement Director (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsI enjoyed working for Parson as a consulting firm the know what they are doing, they have very competent and friendly, but these are their key assest which they need to learn how to hold on and value

ConsPay in relation to position and other companies in the same industry

Advice to Senior ManagementSpread out the tasks, too many issues were held on to senior management and there was very few at the top, enpower engagement Directors

Inept Management, no clear direction, corporate identity crisis

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsIf you can kiss the right upper management's bum, you may be compensated well however your stay will be short lived.

ConsInept Management, no clear direction, corporate identity crisis. Managing Partners have hired management that don't understand a consulting business, have no desire to engage directly as client advocates, and will blame the subordinates unfairly and unnecessarily. Don't bother...

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the top heavy structure and get people that enjoy being consultants and client advocates. Engage directly with clients and understand the business needs and communicate the message appropriately throughout the organization and back to the clients.

Great place to make some good money...but not grow your career

Engagement Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery intelligent peers that often come from top-tier consulting firms. Great alumni network.

ConsBe very careful when thinking about taking any sort of leave. I was laid off on the FIRST DAY of taking FMLA leave to take care of my new daughter, despite being higher rated, having a higher billable hours % (the holy grail in consulting) and having a better project pipeline than my peers! I decided to take the hush-money/severance rather than pursue legal action, but would have had a hell of a case. Not only was I beat up by management when I requested to take leave, but was continually harassed by my manager in the weeks leading up to my leave. And the kicker - I am a man ! It's horrible that management there believe men shouldn't be able to take time off to take care of their new kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over yourselves and your egos, and remember that the people under you are there to build the firm and in turn make you money, not play your games and kiss your ass.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Well Organized

Project Control Assistant (Current Employee) Doha (Qatar)

ProsEmployee Growth is Constant. Training in every required field is provided regularly.

ConsOffice Environment very well versed with highly qualified with professionals.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation or Benefits should be provided according to the company standards.

Parsons is a good steady job but be prepared to live in Pasadena for any career advancement

ProsParsons generally has a flexible work/life schedule but there are times of very high demand during project deadlines and lulls where employees are scrambling for work. Benefits are decent but have steadily declined over the last 2 years with 401K and Stock Option plans having a 'Cap'.

ConsManagement is very disorganized as employees have to report to multiple managers. Project managers provide day to day work and 'functional managers' keep track of your mandatory, unpaid safety training along with giving yearly reviews. Some employees only speak once per year with their functional managers; during yearly reviews.

The good and the bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfocus on spending time with high level lexecutives (prospects/clients)

Constoo much of a big 4 Partner mentality but with nothing to back it up
    sub-optimal pay plan

Advice to Senior Managementtoo late - it was sold to Ineum; hopefully they have determined best course of action...

Good medium size company

Senior (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsEntrepreneurial, medium size, flat structure

ConsSenior Management is not proven

Advice to Senior ManagementSet realistic growth targets and focus more on what we are good at.

Worked for Parson Consulting? Contribute to the Community!