Parsons Brinckerhoff

Updated September 10, 2014
2.9

Parsons Brinckerhoff CEO and Director George J. Pierson
George J. Pierson

Pros
  • The staff at PB are generally supportive and the work/life balance is excellent (in 17 reviews)

• There are some great people there but most of them are leaving (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management not connected to work being performed "in the trenches" (in 15 reviews)

• Most of the good technical staff either quit or have been made redundant in the last 2 years (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Strategic consulting and advisory services for A&E firm

Former Employee - Principal Consultant  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very large organization with international opportunities offering potential experience on most infrastructure projects in the US and the rest of the world. Possess a very good reputation in the US and has close connections with key actors. Some excellent (too few) senior managers and leaders.

Cons

Limited career growth opportunities and no financial incentives for high performers especially for the junior consultants that have left by dozens in the last 24 months. Very bureaucratic and process driven leaving little room for innovation and new ideas. Advisory services are (I feel) intentionally limited / constrained in terms of ambition and business opportunities. The firm number one business is planning and design and does not sufficiently leverage the quality of the advisory practice.

Great Place to Work, but Some Uncertainty

Current Employee - Software Support Specialist  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really like my job. Good pay and nice benefits. Flexible schedule. Intelligent and friendly co-workers.

Cons

The company has had some trouble with morale after the purchase by Balfour Beatty. Now with the recent sale to WSP, there is tentative optimism that things might improve, but a lot of uncertainty as well.

Do what it takes to attract and hang onto the best. In the four years that I've been here, I've seen many good people leave unnecessarily. Moving the bulk of the NYC staff to Amish country, PA was a huge mistake. It might have saved millions of dollars on paper, but the negative ramifications of that decision continue today.

Solid but unexciting

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stability, local management is generally quite good within their power.

Cons

Noncompetetive compensation, bureaucracy, career stagnation.

Overall PB was a decent company to work for. However, as a satellite office, my location felt like we were always forced to go to New York with bowl in hand, begging "Please sir, may I have some more?" whenever anything was needed. It was a nice break from the cutthroat realm of pure tech jobs, but I did feel like my career was at the mercy of a bureaucratic dinosaur while I was there.

Worked for Parsons Brinckerhoff? Contribute to the Community!