Parsons Corporation Reviews

240 reviews filtered by
3.2
Parsons Corporation CEO Chuck Harrington
Chuck Harrington

Pros
  • Majority of co-workers are team players and great people to be around everyday (in 10 reviews)

• ESOP-Employee Stock Ownership Plan (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant focus by upper management of improving the company share price detracts from core values (in 18 reviews)

• No work/life balance or respect for the employees with children (in 6 reviews)

1. Cool People. Cool Work. Cool Ideas.

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Parsons Corporation

Pros

The work is incredibly interesting and presents new challenges all the time. If you are the type who enjoys a challenge, this is the place for you.

Cons

The atmosphere is a bit serious at times, maybe lacking the culture of a Facebook or Google.

More time off would always be a plus, and not having so much corporate red tape preventing progress.

2. Outstanding company for young and eager engineers!

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are many opportunities for young and eager engineers to work on large, interesting and once-in-a-lifetime projects. The trade-off is your work-life balance becomes a dream. Most experienced engineers and managers here are nice and willing to share their knowledge with you. If you can demonstrate your willingness to learn and go beyond expectations, you will never find yourself out of work. I only been here more than a year, but I have learned so much more than my few years with other big firm. If you have proven your worth with the managers and fellow engineers, you will be recognized and your job will be secured. However if you have a family and are lazy and unwilling to travel, this is definitely not a company for you!
    The pay is slightly above average.
    Awesome incentives for people who are willing to travel for projects.
    They offer wellness program to reduce your medical insurance premium cost.

Cons

Lots of long hours working on projects.
    I have seen and worked with a few engineers who are titled "Principal" but basically only capable of doing CAD works. The management should give those people a boot out of the company. It is annoying to work with them as they offer nothing useful on projects and are a burden for the company.

Please provide on-site training sessions on design software to young engineers to minimize the learning curves and maximize the efficiency and work quality.
    Be more interactive with your subordinates on a daily basis. Project a future work load and keep your subordinates informed about it.

3. If you like process and are concerned about safety then this is your place. If you want to innovate look elsewhere.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Big stable company with a real focus on safety. You get a nice ergonomic chair because they are concerned about your safety.

Cons

Because they are primarily a construction most of their engineering is focused in that direction. However, if you are a software engineer they don't really understand you or your business. Since most of the group I work for is classified software work their focus on safety just becomes a burden. Security is our main concern not safety.
    The company does not encourage innovation, unfortunately the company I was in before they bought us ought, was known for that.

Look at the culture of the companies you are buying and not just the financials. Trying to merge in a company with a radically different culture is unlikely to be successful.

5. Excellent company to work for, professional and truly concerned for their employees.

Former Employee - Construction Engineer/Specialist in Aiken, SC
    Former Employee - Construction Engineer/Specialist in Aiken, SC

I worked at Parsons Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They provided a truly professional work environment with safety, quality, and customer satisfaction at the top of the priority list. Best company I have worked for.

Cons

There are no actual cons that I can think to even mention. During my time working for Parsons management always did it's best to consider my needs opinions and actively sought ways to improve by asking the employees.

6. Engineer

I have been working at Parsons Corporation

Pros

flexibility, interesting projects, many discipline opportunities

Cons

large company, low salary growth, work/life balance suffers

7. Responsible, for all electrical work in project, modifications and adjustment to bring designs to the required local Com

I worked at Parsons Corporation

Pros

It's v.good company which helps engineer to develop his ability.

Cons

There are no serious cons.

8. Good company to work for

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a multi-national company that supports their staff on a global platform. The state side staff is great and encourages us to grow professionally and to pursue long-term careers within the company.

Cons

Being a large global company, the online required training and global environment gets daunting for small town employees who simply want their issues to be heard. It's nice to read about the great things going on in bigger cities, but we are here doing the same jobs, only at different scales.

9. Good experiences so far

Current Employee - Associate Structural Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Associate Structural Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Large, diverse projects
    Decent salary
    Coworkers are great

Cons

Average benefits
    May hire for certain projects
    Upper management can be hit or miss.

Keep investing in your employees

10. Below Average Base Salaries, Decent Total Compensation, Flexible Employer

Former Employee - Geologist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Geologist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Parsons Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The ability to steer your own career at Parsons is bar none the best benefit. With a supportive Functional Manager, a technical professional or management person could take their career toward just about any discipline within company! Employee stock ownership was the best part of longterm compensation but it has been pared down recently. Personally I got to travel a lot which was good for my professional development.

Cons

Lower than average salary compared to a lot of my peers who were geologists elsewhere. Sometimes the travel was excessive which really cut into my personal life.

Listen to the rank and file! They are valuable parts of the company and are worthy of the stake they used to have as part of the ESOP program.

11. Program Manager

I worked at Parsons Corporation

Pros

Good initial boss, involved with team.

Cons

Not any attention to employees from senior leadership, stuck in CA.

Pay attention to what your managers are doing with their customers

Parsons Corporation Photos