Parsons Corporation

Parsons Corporation Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Parsons Corporation CEO Chuck Harrington

Chuck Harrington

Pros:
  • "Majority of co-workers are team players and great people to be around everyday"
    in 8 reviews
  • "There are still some good people working there, but they seem to be leaving fast"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Constant focus by upper management of improving the company share price detracts from core values"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Unrealistic deadlines and a complete lack of communication and organization"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Employer

Construction Engineer/Specialist (Current Employee)
Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Prosawesome company to work for

ConsNot steady enough work- although like the work

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed steady work

Great company, terrible management

Field Technician III (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsThis company provides fantastic benefits. Their Human Resources department are very knowledgable, and very accommodating.

ConsTerrible communication among leadership. The project managers do not secure enough work at times and it puts the tech in a bind. It takes almost a murder to get fired from this company. If they got rid of the dead weight, including salaried employees, they would be better off.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the field guys a little more. They deal with management and the little nuances of the job everyday. The temp of the job can be most accurately described by people not involved in the politics of being a salaried employee. They allow the managers to get away with not taking care of their people and thus not getting the job done.

Just a #

Construction Engineer (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Resume Builder
ESOP (Though not like before)
Cool Projects

ConsLack of Leadership
Terrible Training Program (Label you as ECP: Early Career Professional) but they do not care.
Complacency with Project Managers
Treated like a #
No advancement
GOOD OL-BOY COMPANY!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo point; no one cares about these reviews!

Good Organization, however you are just one of the numbers...

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Parsons Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsReputable, leadership is fine. Big entity with usual setback of forgetting that each and every employee is the greatest asset of the company. Does not initiate an initial good working relationship with a new employee and provide no further incentives to keep that employee.

ConsToo conglomerate to deal with a new "one of the branch" employee's concerns; have to struggle to have your office and project needs provided; have to wait for some time to be furnished with your requests and there is too much politics before one had to be released. Basically you are given some sort of early survival training when in fact it is you project that is more affected.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive each branch office its independence to procure its office needs; monitor and control from a central location higher purchase limits so as to expedite basic local project needs. Give the new employee the proper orientation training and give more focus on that new employee's needs to get his job going and provide him the required needs as to the projects he is going to be assigned. It is rather frustrating to a neophyte to figure out where to get what is needed in such a big entity. Do not be a penny wise but a dollar fool!

Great place to work. Intelligent co-workers and strong mentors

Operations Consultant (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I worked at Parsons Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

ProsWell established Engineering consulting firm with amazing specialty engineering expertise. a great place to learn. Very intelligent and approachable leadership. They support many worthy charitable causes and that is a focus for the corporation.

ConsIt can take a while to get things done, but when they move forward they do things right.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make decisions and move things along faster if possible.

This is not an employee friendly company under the new leadership.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey have a very good training program.

ConsNice bonus program if you are higher than a VP. The COO gets 1+ bonus every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany officers can get away with having office affairs but it a termination offense to the lower employees.Your HR department is full of men hating divorcee's who would not know fair from french fries. I worked with the most foul mouthed women that would make a Sailor/Truck Driver combined blush, yet she continues to work there. If it was a man cussing like that he would be reprimanded. Need to find an equal balance between men and women.
There is no leadership at the 9th floor they need to get the old CEO back at least he was fair.

Poorly organized internship experience, management didn't care much

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD

I worked at Parsons Corporation as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat office, 3 interns per office and we had two large windows. Very casual environment

ConsThe project was pointless and there was no intention of it ever seeing the light of day. The internship also was nothing like what was described when I agreed to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you have an idea of what the internship will be before you start hiring people. Make sure to not make any promises you cannot keep.

Changes can be good but, unfortunately, not for Parsons in the past few years.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Parsons Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWork at HQ in Pasadena and you're on the gravy train.

ConsUpper management doesn't seem to give a $)(_; what goes on in the others offices, other than the push to pad the bottom line for the stock pricing.

Advice to Senior ManagementChuck, George, et all, need to understand what is happening in the trenches, especially with their middle managers and PMs running their jobs. Parsons has lost so many great employees over the past few years but seem to retain many that should have been let go earlier. Seems if one REALLY screws up, one gets promoted into the numerous VP+ slots. Your HR for u p seems to be seriously lacking in ethics (personal experience that is documented) and many around only to be Corp 's yes men/women.

They seem to be a bit disorganized.

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood opportunist to work around the country or even a different country.

ConsBig company mentality. The company is split into subdivisions which seems to cause unnecessary issues when one is subcontracted to the other on a project. It would be better if it were all one Parsons. Very disorganized project management with no real structure. Seems to be a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the subdivisions within Parsons and get some sort of organized project management system in place.

Good environment when there is work to do - terrible when a job ends.

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood attention to quality and safety, plus the employee owned stock plan is very good.

ConsDis-functional system for relocating employees after a job has ended.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time on employee retention options.

Worked for Parsons Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parsons Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Parsons Corporation CEO Chuck Harrington. All 168 reviews posted anonymously by Parsons Corporation employees.