Partners HealthCare Reviews

Reset
3.5
David F. Torchiana
1 Rating

Pros
  • Good benefits & work life balance (in 30 reviews)

• Great benefits; opportunity to work with world-class doctors (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Large organization so things move slowly (in 5 reviews)

• there was a high turn over rate in upper management when I was there both directors left and the job fell on the Sr employees (in 5 reviews)

Great benefits, really large healthcare corporate

Current Employee - Applications Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In many ways a great culture - non-profit, working with healthcare professionals to improve care or a large network of leading hospitals. The benefits are great, from health care (of course) to employee perks like access to sporting and concert tickets and other corporate discounts. Time off is fair. I have a fabulous manager. Not only are the health care benefits good from a cash point of view, access to some of the best care makes up for what might be a slightly less competitive salary. Ultimately the best reward is positively affecting patient care, even in the most distant type of role that isn't directly helping patients.

Cons

So large, it's almost impossible to effect change. Bureaucratic - some of this is because of healthcare regulations and the like, but sometimes the number of middle managers gets in the way of decision making or structurally inhibits cross-team communication. Their excuse is that they're a non-profit, and that policy doesn't allow it -- a move to a role that should have paid 20% more did not see a raise of anywhere near that. Stayed because ultimately the skills built will allow me to move elsewhere in six months and earn significantly more. So I consider it an investment in my career, however if they want to retain talent this is a poor strategy.

Advice to Management

Work to break down silos and be transparent with decision-making. Regularly seek input and demonstrate that input can be translated into constructive action. Communicate wide-impact changes, and encourage all levels of the organization to not assume they know the impact. Retain your talent - do not cap pay increases if an employee is switching to a new functional role. Reward internal hires -- limiting growth by limiting compensation is not helping your bottom line. If you pay an employee significantly less than the people around them for the same work, this is not gaining you in the long run. You're essentially training me so I can go consult and then you can hire me back at 3-4 times the rate. You would've done better to invest in my career than count pennies, since replacing me will cost four times that much.

2. your manager matters

Current Employee - Consultant Applications Analyst/Project Specialist in Avon, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere...I have a great manager so great

Cons

Cutdown scares due to epic takeover

3. Financial Analyst Ii

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time

Pros

Great benefits, amazing work life balance, constantly working to improve employee relations

Cons

Somewhat low salary compared to industry standards but benefits more than cover the differebce

5. Registered Nurse

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time

Pros

Best health insurance my family has ever had, excellent short term disability, earned time accrues quickly.

Cons

Upper management either unaware or ignores bullying and harassment from lower management (Nsg Supervisor and long time nursing employees) to newer non-management nurses, favoritism.

Advice to Management

Promote fairness, don't automatically believe everything said by a supervisor, if something happening now, please check for past incidents.

6. Decent place

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Pepperell, MA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Pepperell, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, colleagues are friendly

Cons

Lots of cronyism and favoritism. Some managers are top notch, while others are moved up the ladder due to years of service and not actual qualifications.

7. Great place to work

Current Employee - Licensing Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Licensing Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a very relaxed but serious environment. The team is small, but fun to be around. No two days are the same.

Cons

s I mentioned, it's a relaxed environment but can it can quickly change. I guess you just got to keep your focus.

8. Quality Organization

Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in Boston, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management very flexible and helpful. Good pay, excellent PTO and medical benefits. Wonderful coworkers.

Cons

Needs more integration of "front line staff" in corporate decision making. Hard to advance from a career perspective: very few opportunities to move out of a clinical role into management/administrative roles.

Advice to Management

Getting loyal employees is easy: be flexible.

9. Partners

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, decent pay. Can be a bit stressful at times but other days are laid back so it evens out.

Cons

On stressful days there can be a lot of overtime, but they compensate so not too bad.

10. Helpdesk Support

I worked at Partners HealthCare

Pros

This company has good benefits

Cons

Since it is such a big company, pay range is not as high

11. Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, nice people, good worklife balance

Cons

Job security is uncertain, huge variance in compensation at each level

Advice to Management

Partners is a healthcare company not an IT company, IS department is there only to support medical providers, so they can deliver high-quality care to patients.

RSS Feed </> Embed