Partners in Excellence

Partners in Excellence Reviews

2.3

Deb Thomas
1 Rating

Really fun working with the kids

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist
    Former Employee - Behavior Therapist

I worked at Partners in Excellence full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The kids were a lot of fun, and it was amazing to see them gain new skills that you helped them learn.

Cons

There is a lot of over-staffing that you do not get paid for and there is not a lot of room to advance.

Communicate with staff members better.

Undervalued

I worked at Partners in Excellence full-time

Pros

The kids are the best thing about working for this company. Seeing the progress they make is what makes this company worthwhile.

Cons

Management does not appreciate their employees. They talk about making a difference, but really don't care about the employees at all.

Realize and appreciate the people that you have. Employees are leaving in droves because they are undervalued and underappreciated and will continue to do so unless something changes.

Primary Behavior Therapist

Current Employee - Primary Behavior Therapist in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Primary Behavior Therapist in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Partners in Excellence full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is so rewarding to work with children with Autism and see them grow. Co-workers are very supportive. Management is very supportive. Benefits are good. Training is awesome, this is the best training I have ever received from a company.

Cons

Can be an exhausting running after kids all day but most times worth it. I would like to see wages go up a bit.

Keep doing what you are doing

worst employer i've ever worked for.

I worked at Partners in Excellence full-time (more than an year)

Pros

kids are fun to work with, and it's great to see progress they make.

Cons

management will string you along by telling you there are opportunities for advancement. there aren't.

partners expects you to be a professional and provide an extremely valuable and important service to kids and families- and then penalize you for taking care of your own child, or for punching in 2 seconds late.

overall, management is overly negative and doesn't appreciate their employees. they don't have to, because there is an endless slew of new psych graduates ready and eager for their first job. warning to you: don't go there, you'll regret it.

get rid of the point system. truly appreciate your employees, instead of just saying you do, actually mean it.

Undervalued and over worked

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Edina, MN

I have been working at Partners in Excellence

Pros

The children and families at Partners in Excellence make working there a rewarding experience. They also have reasonable benefits.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are several downsides to working for Partner in Excellence. I can only speak to my own experience working in the Edina location which has been an unpleasant one. Since the first day I began working I felt undervalued. I received constructive feedback, borderline criticism, on a regular basis but never received positive feedback from management. Management was generally very unsupportive and unapproachable. Partners in Excellence has an infantile “point system” where you receive demerit points for forgetting to clock in, arriving at work even 30 seconds late or missing a day of work for being sick without sufficient accruals. When working with kids who are often sick or if you have children of your own, you miss can definitely miss a lot of work. The pay is also a downside – lower than comparative jobs.

Provide positive feedback to your employees as well as constructive feedback.