PartsBase Reviews

Robert A. Hammond Jr.

Great Sales Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Associate- Domestic in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate- Domestic in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exciting, worldwide industry with strong compensation. Great opportunity to build relationships and offer a product that is designed to either save or make money. Positive team atmosphere that demands results. Top producers are given access to an exclusive closers lounge where breakfast and lunch is served daily.

Cons

Requires a more sophisticated approach because most prospects know exactly what we are selling. Need to be resourceful to uncover quality leads.

Develop new website and clean up database

Great people, great job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are super friendly. Relaxed but determined environment. Managers and upper management are patient with the learning process. I.T. is fast and extremely helpful, constantly looking for ways to update your computer or phone, and will answer any question you may have. Recruiters are kind and easily accessible. Weekly pay for most employees. Hour lunch break. Lots of diverse employees. CEO is firm, but he's a nice guy.

Cons

Parking is hard to find after a certain time. At times communication is lacking.

International Sales Expanding Full of Opportunity for Growth

Current Employee - International Business Development in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - International Business Development in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am currently employed in the international dept. Friendly atmosphere - everyone is very helpful. Generous amount of leads and accounts, lots of room to grow internationally. Benefits include medical and dental after 90 days. United is the health care company. Schedule and hours are great - no nights and weekends. A lounge was recently added providing top sellers with breakfast, lunch & snacks.

Cons

Parking can be a pain - make sure your given a parking pass. Vacation days aren't offered until after a year of work. No 401k plan.

Upper management provides insight to their projects while providing hands on training. Great teamwork.

Take it from someone with experience

Former Employee - New Business Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - New Business Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are none. Ever since they cut compensations and fired senior management last year.

Cons

The company went from bad to worse. Last year they cut everyone in management's comp by 30%. Then they cut my team size, fired managers and then with our new teams they then cut their comps as well. The owner is a sociopath and bipolar nut. People are not valued only numbers and frankly it doesn't matter how you get them. That's why the company was not growing. Slamming leads called 100s of times does not do anything. Management was changing that but since the turnover it went right back to the old way only worse. They will screw you out of commissions, compensation and even earned minimum wage. If you have no soul you can last here. If not find other opportunities. Your rigged to fail and only the owner wins.

None

Stole My Paycheck Too

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All the leads are exhausted and heaviy worked and I mean sometimes 24 hours before you call. The ad promised a nice salary, a bonus premium on commissions on sales in the first week to 2 weeks.

Cons

As I stated above their is a bonus commission premium on quick start sales. So I had an appointment the next day to finish the sale and another sale the day after. I got fired the day of the appointment. They cut my salary in half, gave the commission to the Sales manager or kept it in house and kicked me to the curb. Snakes !!

Close down before the State of FL shuts you down.

Don't drink the Cool Aid

Former Employee - International Business Development in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - International Business Development in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gimmicks to entice you like red bull, popcorn, served breakfast and lunch.

Cons

The pros are only because their name is so bad. Wonder why they need these gimmicks? Cause the owner is a liar. Sells a pipe dream. Wonder why only the recent three postings are positives. Cause their trying to deal with the fact they can't stop the truth about them on the internet. Can't put enough perfume on trash to make it smell good. Search the owner's / CEO's name. Check out rip off report too. You'll see. Stay away unless you want to be treated like trash. Senior management are cowards who fear for their jobs and will do anything to save it.

Leave while you have some integrity left.

Don't quit your job to work here

Former Employee - Bilingual Sales Representative (European Market) in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ice Cream, sometimes nice colleagues

Cons

Greedy management. All the leads has been EXHAUSTED and it's a type of market where you can't just generate new leads.

Give reps more time to make it through.

Avoid this company like the plague

Former Employee - Account Sales Specialist in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Account Sales Specialist in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

weekly paychecks and thats about it.

Cons

Calling leads that have been hammered so badly that its very difficult to make any money. When hired, they tell you that you have a 3 month grace period but thats a lie. They will can you after 2 months. That is about the time that you are developing some possible sales, those go to those who have been there a while. The managers will not give you any leads that can be worked, they feed all the older employees. After they do fire you, they cut your check in half, so be prepared for that. Very high turn around with most sales teams. The aviation field is drying up and they are just pounding away at the same companies all the time. I mean, they will have you call companies that will either hang up on you, cuss you out, or just blow you off. If you like calling people who don't want to speak with you and the promises of making money but no return, then go for it. This company is not a great company to work for. They will decieve you and just cut you loose for some lame reason to make it sound as though it was your fault in many cases it's not because of the horrible accounts they give you too work. This is a buddy company, in which that the managers prefer to bring in their friends to work for them and gives them all the time in the world to become successful. You will not grow with this company, there are very limited room for it and the sales teams are shrinking on a daily basis.

Give your new salesmen time to grow and give better accounts.

Worse Experience You will ever have!! Do NOT Work Here

Former Employee - Inside Sales
    Former Employee - Inside Sales

I worked at PartsBase (more than an year)

Pros

Very few. You get paid weekly that's one. Free Popcorn and Ice Cream if you want it

Cons

Everything. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Very unprofessional and mismanaged company. Turnover rate of this company is unimaginable. Management make false promises and even if something is put in writing, it can be changed at any point at management or the owner's discretion. The building is by far the dirtiest place I've ever worked in. If you are accustomed to working in corporate environments, please, I mean please do not accept a job here ass you will completely be lowering your standards for this boiler room set up. For those who read these comments, please take the advice of former employees and people who have been here.

Close the company down!

You will be sorry if you work here!

Former Employee - IT Department in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - IT Department in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None... unless you think free red bull and ice cream are a pro.

Cons

The owner is a scam artist and the management is a joke. They will make promises that they never planned on keeping... cut your salary... keep your money when they fire you... and insult you in the process. I'm disgusted by how this company is run. Karma will get you Robert.

Close your businesses and retire on the money you scammed everyone out of.