PartsBase

UGH

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great product for right company ie: aviation industry

Cons

pond has been fished out - lack of new business available to approach & pitch

pay attention to the frustration of the employees & provide assistance

Better than...

Former Employee - Renewals in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Renewals in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sucking on lemons. You will pucker up from the lack of ethics within your first week on the floor. I worked on the renewal team and watched them manipulate bonus standings to reward who they wanted instead of who earned it. My friends from training class who worked in new business had their accounts taken by the good old boy network. Two were even fired within the first three weeks on the floor and told me they had their checks cut to minimum wage from hire and were told they owed the company money. I've witnessed the owner cursing out the managers and heard them screaming too. The product stinks and the help desk team is incompetent and are never there to help.

Cons

I found I got distracted like others at what was really happening from all the freebies like drinks, food and special parking. The reality is it was all a distraction to keep you from paying attention to how they really treat people.

Tell people what you really are. Stop telling people they can earn things they can not. Tell people your a boiler room. Just be honest.

A company plagued by lawsuits

Former Employee - Inside Sales
    Former Employee - Inside Sales

I worked at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make decent commissions

Cons

It's hard to get a correct paycheck, boiler-room environment, lots of turnover

Ample opportunities if you're willing to keep your head down and work.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High earning potential for sales representatives working for an industry leading company. The company has a bit of a sour history with regards to a revolving door for employees, but has spent the last year changing the image and the culture internally. Stable weekly base income with the ability to earn high commissions. Work is Monday through Friday from 8-5. Coworkers are great and there’s a good buzz on the sales floor.

Cons

Leads have a history, take more finesse at this point and the sales cycle becomes a bit extended. Company doesn't currently offer a 401k. Website is a little dated for current technology available.

Focus on rebuilding the site to bring it back to the cutting edge of the industry. Offer a 401k plan to employees.

Pay for the privilege to work

Former Employee - International Business Development in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - International Business Development in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Be spoken to abusively. Be lied to about income. Have your income cut unilaterally with no notice after the fact. Have goals set that can not be reached. Free popcorn. Free Red Bull. Free catered breakfasts and lunch to top earners.

Cons

If you don't like being treated like garbage you won't be happy. If you don't get you sense of worth from praise from a two bit management team you won't be happy. If you don't like gimmicks like a child at a carnival to serve as distractions to how your really being treated you won't like it here. Most of the guys are former addicts so unless you like this approach you won't be happy.

Keep up the great work. Your building a world class team.

Doesnt Pay Their Bills

Former Employee - Design Consultant
    Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at PartsBase as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

A former employee that worked at Parts Base was kind

Cons

They DO NOT pay their vendors

Pay your bills!

Great Sales Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Associate- Domestic in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate- Domestic in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exciting, worldwide industry with strong compensation. Great opportunity to build relationships and offer a product that is designed to either save or make money. Positive team atmosphere that demands results. Top producers are given access to an exclusive closers lounge where breakfast and lunch is served daily.

Cons

Requires a more sophisticated approach because most prospects know exactly what we are selling. Need to be resourceful to uncover quality leads.

Develop new website and clean up database

International Sales Expanding Full of Opportunity for Growth

Current Employee - International Business Development in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - International Business Development in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am currently employed in the international dept. Friendly atmosphere - everyone is very helpful. Generous amount of leads and accounts, lots of room to grow internationally. Benefits include medical and dental after 90 days. United is the health care company. Schedule and hours are great - no nights and weekends. A lounge was recently added providing top sellers with breakfast, lunch & snacks.

Cons

Parking can be a pain - make sure your given a parking pass. Vacation days aren't offered until after a year of work. No 401k plan.

Upper management provides insight to their projects while providing hands on training. Great teamwork.

Great people, great job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are super friendly. Relaxed but determined environment. Managers and upper management are patient with the learning process. I.T. is fast and extremely helpful, constantly looking for ways to update your computer or phone, and will answer any question you may have. Recruiters are kind and easily accessible. Weekly pay for most employees. Hour lunch break. Lots of diverse employees. CEO is firm, but he's a nice guy.

Cons

Parking is hard to find after a certain time. At times communication is lacking.

Take it from someone with experience

Former Employee - New Business Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - New Business Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are none. Ever since they cut compensations and fired senior management last year.

Cons

The company went from bad to worse. Last year they cut everyone in management's comp by 30%. Then they cut my team size, fired managers and then with our new teams they then cut their comps as well. The owner is a sociopath and bipolar nut. People are not valued only numbers and frankly it doesn't matter how you get them. That's why the company was not growing. Slamming leads called 100s of times does not do anything. Management was changing that but since the turnover it went right back to the old way only worse. They will screw you out of commissions, compensation and even earned minimum wage. If you have no soul you can last here. If not find other opportunities. Your rigged to fail and only the owner wins.

None