PartsBase Reviews

3.2
Robert A. Hammond Jr.

Recently Let Go

I worked at PartsBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really cool industry and business ideas. Lots of opportunity to talk to people around the globe.

Cons

The business owner is fundamentally dishonest. He has trained his management to do exactly like he wants like a pack of dogs chasing a bone, only instead of a bone it's their pay checks. There are all kinds of freebies, but that's just to cover up the bait and switch they pull on everyone by changing a promised salary for less an hour than I could make at Walmart. I've been in sales a long time and I can honestly say this is one of the better snow jobs I've been given to get me in the door.

Advice to Management

Instead of making up stories about how much the company has changed do it or be honest and tell people like it is. You want people to put their heart into the job then you owe it to them to be straight forward and truthful.

Excellent Work Enviroment

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with PartsBase for a little over 4 years and have been through some of the major internal changes that have taken place over the past 2. I can sincerely say that management has made a substantial effort to provide a healthy and competitive environment that everyone can work in. Everything I know about this business has been provided to me through PartsBase. There isn't to many places in the world where you can make more money than most professional's with a college degree, travel, and speak with thousands of aviation, aerospace, and defense companies. It would be extremely difficult to find another job/career with another company with no training and make the same amount of money and have the opportunity that I have had over the past few years to travel and meet other industry professionals. The environment and culture here is fun, challenging, and extremely rewarding if you are willing to do the work and are people person. If you have a good work ethic and a positive attitude management will go out of there way to help you to be as successful as possible.

Cons

The only con about PartsBase is we are too lenient on who we hire. A lot of the time we see fabricated resumes that over promise and under deliver. What happens is we spend a lot of time and money training the wrong person for the job which in turn effects the relationship with some of our non-members due too new hires lack of knowledge. If we could find a better way to identify better sales talent to build long term relationships with new members I feel that would be a big step for the company.

More fraud than you can ...

Former Employee - International Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - International Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase (More than a year)

Pros

Shake a stick at. The other sales guys I worked with were nice but the management ...

Cons

Are nothing but frauds. They try to put a nice face on the company when they hired me. Everywhere I looked though there was fraud. Stealing people's commissions earned weeks prior, stealing people's last pay check are just the start. Many times while I worked there I heard the senior management talking about the CFO stealing money, being untrustworthy and manipulating numbers for the owner. The owner is a nut job who yells at everybody. Looks like they even make up fake reviews on this site to try and trick people that somehow the company has changed.

Advice to Management

Some of management is nice but from what I saw the owner manipulates everyone by threatening their job. These guys do what he says. The last guy that wouldn't do what he wanted in management I was told they fired and made up a lie to sue him. Stop being low life's. Treat your people right. Fix your broken product.

New Business Sales

Pros

PartsBase is an industry leading product that provides a great benefit to its customer base – it’s the type of sale you can put your heart into and really believe in. There are huge upsides for commissioned sales reps to make a lucrative living. The company does have a history that is consistently being presented as present day reality from other posters. The former management put a number on everyone and didn’t take care of the people. The territories were drawn so tightly and the pay/commission structure was written to the point of making it impossible to make money for the sales people. Contrary to what the negative posts about PartsBase are saying, having the owner back in the mix for day to day operations has been nothing but positive. Employees are treated fairly, restrictive territories have been lifted, money is constantly being reinvested to the business adding new technology to sell and perks that make it a great work environment.

Cons

Most leads have been worked before, it takes a certain finesse to be successful. Not everyone possesses the right formula to thrive.

Advice to Management

Keep making improvements, the company is heading to very promising places!

Sales Manger

Current Employee - Sales Associate- Domestic in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate- Domestic in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

18% of the sales floor is on pace to earn over $100k this year. Finally the company is being run by quality professionals that value its employees and continually strive to improve the product and the community. A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau. Company has made seven figure investments into infrastructure and product offerings. 23% growth in top line sales. VIP perks for top sales people.

Cons

Limited benefits and vacation time for new employees.

Advice to Management

Additional/continued training for new product offerings.

Unethical

I worked at PartsBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with, free ice cream, good hours, pretty much hire anyone who needs a job.

Cons

Very unethical and a turn-and-burn environment. No HR department, so if you have a problem then there's no one to speak with- even if you speak with your manager, nothing will happen that will fix your problems. It's a very male-dominated environment that is cut-throat in a sense that you are speaking to people on the phone that have already been spoken to. If you are not speaking to those clients, then you are trying to rebuild a relationship with former clients that discontinued their membership with PartsBase. This job is a good stepping-stone to build your resume if you can last more than a week with the company - lasting a year is a miracle.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and don't use favoritism because the entire floor can see who is favored. Just look at your top team the last 14 months.

8. Merely a Stepping Stone

Former Employee - New Business Sales
    Former Employee - New Business Sales

I worked at PartsBase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a true sales talent you can make money anywhere, plain and simple. With that said, this sale rounded me out and for that I am grateful. Many of your virtues will be tested in this environment, patience being one of them. If you need the quick sale, or are an order taker, you won't last two weeks at this Company. You need to know how to hunt, farm, and ultimately build relationships with your prospects to be successful here. If you can wear multiple hats, have a thick skin, and are okay with being yes'd to death or constantly told that we'll look into it, you'll be able to survive and make a decent living.

Cons

Sales cycles are 3-6 weeks average, or 8+ if you're working a key account. You will be paid on a draw unless you are a Manager. If you don't hit your target your deficit carries over to the following month and puts that much more stress on you. At that point you have an unrealistic number to hit and you begin to push too hard for the money, turn your leads off, and becomes demotivated. Don't expect any support when you're in the hole either, just more false promises. Upper management still fails to realize this is why their database is full of burnt, trampled leads and that what they're doing is a broken process. Any good sales talent deserves a true salary so if you can, try and negotiate that. Save your time and energy though...you won't get it because the Owner doesn't believe in investing in his people. He is strictly pay for performance. There are no guarantees here which should tell you what they really think of you... you're replaceable. Last year he offered a 401k with a 0% match...what does that tell you? You're nothing, just another seat to fill in an already overstaffed new business floor. You're better off having your own IRA & investment accounts for your retirement security. The IT staff, aged computers, and phone systems are a joke. Upper Management once told the sales floor that new computers and equipment would not be purchased because we had too much down time in our day; great morale booster. Now if they really believed that why wouldn't they cut the sales floor in half, get rid of the schlep's that don't belong there, slow down the trampling of a wore out database as a result, and place their savings on diminished overhead back into tools to make their people's jobs and days easier? My point exactly. Again, time and bad people cost money, yet they fail to understand this concept. Tools...there are none. There is no entry level or advanced training program for good people, no continuing education, no sales support, a beat up home-grown CRM that syncs to nothing, a ridiculous accounting & proposal system that has you create your sales proposals in word then save them as a PDF to send to clients, and no floor meetings as to what's really going on behind closed doors but hey, they still have fax machines!! You will be left in the dark to figure things out on your own, and be trained by a Sales Manager who has too much on his plate already because he has to be a sourcing guru to find anything that's workable for the reps. Upper Management has no concept of what's in their leads database, no clue on how to figure out market share, or for that matter write a strategic sales plan to make the sales floor a cohesive high powered unit. Unless you are a true self starter and have a lot of discipline, you'll be another statistic in a defunct process that they'll never be able to figure out and believe me, it's not a top priority. They are the definition of complacent, and money driven with all the wrong old age formulas.

Advice to Management

Put your ego's to the side and listen to your people that are in the trenches and that have ran successful businesses before. Stop feeding those who have not proven themselves just because you like them, and reinvest in the few good people you have left. Grow a set and challenge the Owner when you know he's wrong. Yes men don't get far in careers. Dreamers, visionaries, and those who challenge the process to make an organization better are the true innovators in life and business. You get what you pay for and put forth. If you want to compete with the big boys, start from the inside and work your way out.

They Will Steal Your Commissions and Wages on the way out

I worked at PartsBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sick work environment. Don't ever be late or that will be your last day. The owner doesn't think traffic or personal illness is sufficient reason to be late.

Cons

And the company will terminate and keep your commissions and reduce your hourly wage to minimum wage and show you out the door. My best advice is RUN RUN RUN away from this dirt bag place.

Advice to Management

Stop stealing the employees wages. Where are the regulators ?

10. New Business Sales

Former Employee - New Business Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - New Business Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any except it's aviation which I like.

Cons

I was also told that things had changed when I was hired, so I gave it a shot. Boy was I wrong. There was a reason that these positive adds kept showing up after bad ones. The guy who owns the place has a real chip on his shoulder and is seriously bipolar. One minute he's smiling the next he's screaming. If valuing your employees is all about what they earn, not how you speak to them or show appreciation by monitoring their every move, then maybe they appreciate their sales managers but not their sales people. The sales managers are the only people that could possibly make 100k as they are the ones who get the leads from all the people they fire that work for peanuts like they did to me. Their geared to sell too. BBB rating. What a laugh. All you have to do is pay to get one.

Advice to Management

Can't fix what's broken.

11. Sales

I worked at PartsBase full-time

Pros

Amazing promises of opportunity and income.

Cons

Reality of the bait and switch. The owner encourages his people to lie and misrepresent the opportunity. At least that's what my manager told me. Leads are burned. Tons of turn over. Quick to change the salary on you with promises of commissions that aren't there. People change jobs regularly. No order and no real direction. This job is short term. Odd that after every "real" review a positive review shows up to counter it. Enough said!

Advice to Management

Quit belittling your people. Own up to your business. Be fair and honest with your people and stop losing to them while you put all the money in your own pocket.

RSS Feed </> Embed