PartsSource

Updated August 20, 2014
2.8

Philip Settimi

Great future - Focus on Innovation

I have been working at PartsSource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership is bringing in highly skilled people and getting staff in place for growth. Good office environment and friendly co-workers.

Cons

Lacking in internal processes, formal employee training and on boarding, (though that is being addressed), no cafeteria and away from town.

Stay focused on getting staff educated, open to suggestions and ideas from newer employees.

Great place to work, exciting future

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Aurora, OH

I have been working at PartsSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people. Emphasis on technology and customer solutions and ALOT of growth. The work environment is fast-paced. Quota is tied to regions and account base, not how long you've been there. Nearly all of the managers from mid level to the executives will bend over backward to help you or a customer find a solution. Company has won dozens of awards for growth and customer satisfaction, and previous CEO Ray Dalton has won Entrepreneur of the year. Technology is second to none in the industry. Continued growth and new products are expected, which makes this an exciting place to work and great opportunity for advancement in the future. New management as of the past winter-spring, increased focus on employees, development and advancement. New CEO Phil Settimi has experience in leading companies in technology and healthcare fields. The first thing done by new management was an employee survey, which resulted in increased perks and communication from the top to the bottom. I think there has been great excitement and continues to be great excitement about this company and where its going in the future. Its a great place to work. And I enjoy coming to work [...welll...almost...] every single day.

Cons

I am a current employee and very surprised that there are as many negative comments as there are below. This was part of what made me want to write this review. Many of the comments below are unfair, honestly. It just does not seem realistic to think those that succeed made it only because they are friends with the right people, Sales team has 40 to 50 members and a very high level of customer service and skill. Favortism is a classic disgruntled (ex)employee gripe, and anyone thats ever had a job before should see right thru that one. When a company has over 200 employees that comes with the territory, but I guess be sure to question the sources. Alot of sales reps actually come back after leaving, realizing things aren't "perfect" everywhere else. Management is a solid combination of experience, talent and highly driven. From mid-management to upper management the team has wide range of experience across industries (medical, sales, technology) and ability to think toward the future and solve customer and hospital problems. Management team is highly skilled and highly motivated toward making everyone succeed. The company could not have experienced so much growth in the past and continued growth without it.

Keep putting out great technology products, and keep pushing hard for growth, everybody wins.

Autonomous

I have been working at PartsSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much here to say .

Cons

Executives sent internal email making management to write only good reviews on here to boost rating and manipulate true ratings. This goes hand in hand with other negative reviews former and current employees have written. Deceptive, misleading, self centered, greedy, unethical, and so much more.

Stop with the smoke and mirrors. And your training program is only 1 week of class, and then thrown to the wolves. Not much of a training program which is why turn over rates are extremely high. That and the misleading nature of upper management.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High energy, great team!

Current Employee - Management  in  Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Management in Aurora, OH

I have been working at PartsSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Differentiated company from its competitors providing true procurement solutions to hospitals, OEMs and service organizations. It's been amazing to work with a company that continues to evolve and grow.

Cons

Fast pace, (which I like) but could be a con for someone that isn't comfortable in a fast pace environment

Keep up the energy and communication, continue to focus on the customers we serve and the highly dedicated employees

Worst place to work ever.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Aurora, OH

I worked at PartsSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have health benefits for their employees, but there is really nothing else positive about this business.

Cons

At Partssource, it's all about who you are related to or who you are friends with. If you are "in" with the Dalton family, or you are friends with either the family or upper management, you get to do whatever you want, when ever you want. Anyone else will be gone in a year or less. High-pressure, low-return environment where your sales quota is based on how long you have been there, versus what your portfolio or geographical market can support (like every other sales quota in any other business). A Boys Club environment, the women who get ahead there don't do it on merit. Management treats their subordinates like idiots, hovering over their shoulders (unless you are one of the Chosen Few), and threatening people with their jobs regularly. Fear-based environment. They also hire people who have been in prison, so watch your belongings when you are there.

Management is a joke. No one wants to read the book the CEO wrote, but they will push it into your face on day 1. Most of the 'management' at this place wouldn't hack it anywhere else where they weren't related or friends of the family. They overlook their friends not following rules or policies, but write other people up for far lesser infractions Leaving there was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. Pathetic, all around.

WOW!! Growth is fun!!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Aurora, OH

I have been working at PartsSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PartsSource is changing the way we do business. New leadership and direction is moving us from a parts distribution company - to a solution provider. The technology and e-commerce platform is beginning to take PartsSource to an entirely new level of growth. The people have always been tremendous, and now the culture is moving to a work hard/play hard. It's really getting exciting and fun to work here!!

Cons

The changes that the company has made really has the staff energized. Most of my CONS are wither gone or are going away. We seem to be on the right path. I guess a more aggressive 401k match would be good.

Keep it up!!!

Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

I have been working at PartsSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very team-driven environment, and it is a great team to be apart of. I really enjoy everyone I work with. Management is really making a conscious effort to listen to changes that need to be made, and making them happen. They're really bumping up the morale, and I feel like I have a voice. There are always new opportunities for growth, and they are very receptive to those who want to develop and progress along with the company.

Cons

I'm starting on a clean-slate with PartsSource. They have really really made a turn-around this year!

Keep the communication, incentives, and opportunities coming.

DON'T do it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

I worked at PartsSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some people i worked with were great

Cons

So unorganized, managers refuse to follow processes, no integrity to visitors, Very Christian company, no diversity, anyone that is family works there, 1950's mentality, HR just sends food truck, Blood drive, produce orders, massages emails out all the time.

If you want to be a true "technology company" you need to treat people as professionals and not your children or aggressive sales force

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

I have been working at PartsSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are great. The company is always changing and continuing to grow. Good benefit package. Work hard/play hard type culture. Alot of opportunities to grow for someone who is willing to put in the hard work.

Cons

Not a good place to work for someone who does not like a fast paced environment and change.

Very unprofessional staff.

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist  in  Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Aurora, OH

I worked at PartsSource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has good workers. Environment is relaxed but sometimes to relaxed.

Cons

Management in accounting is not people oriented and not willing to communicate in a professional manner. Upper management to worried about talking all day about personal stuff. Lack of respect for for workers, they are treated like sub humans! I tried to get a manager to help me several times and she was too busy talking personal stuff with other staff.

You need to monitor your management! You have no training and there is no professionalism in your accounting department . You need to put the right people in the right positions.

Worked for PartsSource? Contribute to the Community!