Party City

www.partycity.com

Party City Reviews in Austin, TX

Jerry Rittenberg

Pros
  • flexible hours (usually), shifts aren't too early or too late, most managers can be very agreeable(in 16 reviews)

• Only the 30% discount is a "pro"(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for advancement (took me 4 years to be promoted to a supervisor)(in 10 reviews)

• The minimum wage was pretty disappointing(in 19 reviews)

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Worst Job Ever.

Cashier (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsHigher pay than my previous job.

ConsMaybe it was just this particular store and their owners but the way it was run was AWFUL! The owners would come in and threaten the employees that they could fire us easily if we didn't do a good job. People constantly quit so we were understaffed. I was always running from different stations acting in the place of where another employee should have been. Only 1 break for 30 min. Constantly standing and/or running. And absolutely ZERO JOB TRAINING!

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least hire one person to just handle the phones. It was really hard to write all the person's balloon order information (phone number, credit card number, time and date of pickup, balloon count, colors...etc) down at the same time as dealing with customers at the register. And I would highly suggest not threatening your employees. Try making them LOVE their job and working for you.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!