Party City

www.partycity.com

Party City Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Jerry Rittenberg

Pros
  • flexible hours (usually), shifts aren't too early or too late, most managers can be very agreeable(in 16 reviews)

• Only the 30% discount is a "pro"(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for advancement (took me 4 years to be promoted to a supervisor)(in 10 reviews)

• The minimum wage was pretty disappointing(in 19 reviews)

horrible

Seasonal Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosthey were friendly at times

Consyou over work with very little pay around halloween.

I worked for a franchise store

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had chances to advance

ConsHorrible pay, bad hours, and management did what they wanted while giving employees a rough way to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the employees you have. Thank them instead of constantly just telling them things they did wrong.

More doing than managing

Executive Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Yorktown, NY

ProsConstantly busy. Customers are 99% friendly. How can you not be, its a party store. Company constantly tries to improve, rather than staying stagnant.

ConsNot one big holiday season but many. Lots of transitional moves.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Every store is different

Proswilling to work with your schedule, can be fun if you work with the right people

Consno room for advancement. You can work harder than everyone else but you'll get paid the same. Only positive to working hard is you get more hours

Ehhhh....

ProsThey are generous with their vacation package. Plenty of time off given if you have chance to take it between constant department changes.

Conscompensation for hours worked is poor. They expect miricles to be performed with little payroll. Annual pay raises are minimal across the board from part time through full time. I guess they don't expect to keep the good performing employees.

Hard work but rewarding

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsHalloween is crazy, but in a fun way. Great place to work after Halloween...plenty of time to enjoy the Holiday season (no one shops at Party City during Thanksgiving or Christmas!) Had a great DM.

ConsVery hands-on work for the GM title: running a register, balloons, and freight, freight, freight! Had a Regional Manager who was out of touch with the store workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter planning would be nice. Many times stores are told to re-do something that they were directed to do not even a week ago!

Just ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAlways busy, close knit team environment

ConsHalloween rush, lack of loss prevention

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter bonus structure

Party city worst retail management job ever.

General Manager (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsNothing to like about them...

ConsDM was a bully who liked to rule with fear and intimidation. When I went to human resources about him the regional hr person was acting like it was my fault.I contacted the employee hot line spoke to someone and no return calls at all.even sent the director of human resources an email and never got a response.After I finally quite do to work place Harassment and hostile work place the regional human resources person calls me and ask what would I like to see happen..This went in for four months...don't work for a company like them .find a company who will care.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take these reviews into consideration as they are not all sour grapes..Also treat the store teams like you care about them

Manager

ProsGood hours fun fast pase

ConsWorking holidays Long days and nights

Great place to work for

Proscustomers, nice selection of merchandise

Consnot enough help, messy back room

Advice to Senior Managementmore payroll hours

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!