Party City Reviews

1. Cashier

Former Employee - Indiana in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Indiana in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Party City

Pros

Great co-workers and fun working atmosphere.

Cons

Not flexible with schedules for students. Management is rude and inconsiderate. Not many opportunities for increased pay/upward mobility.

Advice to Management

None.

2. Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Party City full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively easy routine, nice people, decent benefits. great customers.

Cons

Lack of training, lack of organization on a corporate level.pay could be better.

Advice to Management

More training.

3. Sales Associate and Halloween Expert

I worked at Party City

Pros

None at all this job sucked

Cons

Working here was like working with toddlers as your managers.

Advice to Management

Control your employees

only good for seasonal

I worked at Party City part-time

Pros

the best part of this job was the employee discount. As an employee you get 30% off.

Cons

Get a Max of 12 hours a week as a party time worker such isn't even worth the drive. Way too strict too.

Advice to Management

lighten up on the employees is better hours more than 12 hours max

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Party City (More than a year)

Pros

Could be fast paced at times that kept you busy, co-workers were always really friendly which made work more enjoyable

Cons

My store switched from franchise to corporate about half way through. Corporate was a nightmare, firing so many people, and those that weren't fired quit because they couldn't deal with management anymore

Advice to Management

After working for a while, I was training people who were making more money than me, and that should never happen

wouldn

Former Employee - Supervisor in Union City, NJ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Union City, NJ

I worked at Party City

Pros

The employees we're all great and friendly thankfully. Teaches you many skills and multitasking .

Cons

There were no hours, as as part time worker if someone wants to take off it should be given especially when management only gives 10 hours a week anyway. No raises. Worked in the company almost 7 years and received less than $1 in raises total, including my supervisor raise. Was a franchise when I started then switched to corporate and the place although in appearance looked amazing thanks to the staff, was horribly managed. Girls on register and boys on the floor was really a thing with management. During Halloween, which is the worst time to work there , there were about 50 new hires most of them being minors, who can't stay past 10 leaving little people to clean up making people stay late. Hiring from the outside of the company is not the way it should be done, especially when a supervisor is training a manager on how to do a return. The customer is always right should not be a thing, you make your employees look dumb when a manager assists a person who complained and gives in to them. Way too many expectations but no man power or hours to complete tasks. Sometimes upper management forgets how hard dealing with rude customers can be.

Advice to Management

Change. You look down on the store employees. They run the place, while the corporate people sit in the office making unnecessary Plano gram changes, which causes 10x the amount of work. you need to keep them happy to have a good store. Don't expect anything if you treat your employees with bad manners. You switch up management way too often. I believe I had over 20 managers in my store through the the years.

8. Not a bad place to start

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Porter Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Porter Ranch, CA

I worked at Party City part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment Fast Paced Fun I worked here seasonal through Halloween and it was my first ever job. I am extremely grateful to PartyCity for the opportunity and the learning experience and for the most part management was pretty responsive. This isn't the greatest place to work but it isn't a bad place to start out if you have no experience.

Cons

Because there were a lot of new people coming in through Halloween for the seasonal job, management tended to carry a short fuse in certain situations which felt somewhat like they do not value their employees. You feel like a number.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is only working there seasonally, don't be rude and treat them like crap.. even if you are having a bad day.

9. Constant work.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Party City full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The merchandising environment is constantly changing, never bored, and there is always something to do.

Cons

The clientele are always last minute and stressed out and like to take it out on the employees.

10. Great environment, lots of work for little pay.

I have been working at Party City

Pros

work with a great team, laid back, not demanding, flexible availability, halloween is a very fun season, get to dress up. 30% off employee discount

Cons

Tedious work, we have to change sections almost weekly from isle to isle. LOTS of balloons to inflate on weekends from balloon orders.

Advice to Management

when its recovery time, help your employees, especially if only 1 is on the floor. Give clear instructions on what needs to be done. If something isn't done right by a specific person, tell him/her, not everyone else.

11. Ehhh

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Party City full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meet fun people, get to help design parties fun place to work,

Cons

You have to get emails from customers and if you don't get 40% you get written up. To many task not enough help or time

Advice to Management

Get it together

RSS Feed </> Embed