Party City Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 5, 2014
Updated May 5, 2014
2.8

Jerry Rittenberg

Pros
  • flexible hours (usually), shifts aren't too early or too late, most managers can be very agreeable (in 16 reviews)

• This company has a fun environment with very likable people (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for advancement (took me 4 years to be promoted to a supervisor) (in 10 reviews)

• The minimum wage was pretty disappointing (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Party City Co. is a great company to work for. They offer great training and plenty of room to move up in the business.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Party City full-time for less than a year

Pros

The experience and the opportunities they provide. There are so many stores and so many positions to move up on the ladder through.

Cons

For some people competition is a downfall. In a way party city is a very competitive work environment. You are constantly trying to show your boss why you are the best employee they have.

If you're not a hard working, clear cut, dedicated manager, like my manager was at the Bryant street location in San Francisco, then I would strive to be more like that.

Clear out some upper management

Current Employee - Management  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Party City full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I received excellent compensation and was able to earn a healthy bonus. Decent benefits and they have learned how to run a busy Halloween season.

Cons

Change in Upper Management has caused turmoil. Open hostility between vice president and regional people made things uncomfortable. Had a very hard time finding people who wanted to be promoted into this mess. They have also shifted towards having salaried employees do less supervisory work, something they've been successfully sued for in the past.

Change your upper management people if you are not comfortable with them. Keep politics out of the stores

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!