PartyGaming

PartyGaming Reviews

Updated May 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

PartyGaming Co-CEOs Jim Ryan & Norbert Teufelberger.

Jim Ryan & Norbert Teufelberger.

Its quite good

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

ProsGood benefits like Stock options bonus and free cab and good salary structure to save more

ConsWork life balance is bad

Affiliate manager

Affiliate Manager (Former Employee)
    Tel Aviv (Israel)

ProsVery open minded company, great people, professional managers.

Consnone that i know of...

Advice to Senior Managementkeep this way...

To give a more balanced view...

Head of Department (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsI am puzzled at the comments on this site for PartyGaming. I am a senior manager in the london office also and have been for many years and thinks it's the best place I have ever worked.

The pay and benefits are above market rate and the morale is good overall. The sense of team spirit here is also really good.

This week we've even had bacon butties to celebrate St. Patrick's Day - these kinds of events are common and the management do a lot to make working life here good.

I would definitely recommend PartyGaming as a great place to work and hope to stay here for many years more.

ConsI haven't anything particular to say here other than all process can feel frustrating sometimes but all businesses have them with the aim of making things run more smoothly. PG is no different.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep these great social events going. The HR policies, as with all companies have to be there. They just mean that managers need to follow some processes.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

top company in interesting industry, above average pay

Pros- top company in interesting industry
    - above average pay and incentive/bonus program
    - stock options
    - good benefits of a mature company
    - learning curve for employees
    - international company, so travel involved
    - referral program

Cons- long working hours
    - a bit process-heavy
    - make stakeholders in some positions

Advice to Senior Management- make org slimmer
    - introduce lean and agile in all parts of product development
    - get closer to the empoyees

Really Satisfied

S/W Engineer (Current Employee)
    Gibraltar (Gibraltar)

Pros1) There are Great Technologies to work
    2) Good Management
    3) New Things to learn at work
    4) Compensation is better than industry standards

Consthe work culture can be a little better and the tech team is not involved a lot during product requirement and design.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

A positive experience...

Marketing (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsPartyGaming has really supported my career development over the past few years and I have been given opportunities that I doubt would have been available to me at other companies - I have always received regular feedback from the management team on my performance and I have been able to really progress within my role/career here and I feel fairly rewarded - (promoted twice in the past 2.5 years).

Communication within the company has vastly improved over the past few years with regular communication from the exec team and local town hall meetings for business/company updates. There is even an open forum where I can ask a member of the exec team a question and they respond within a few days which - I am not aware of many companies that would provide this opportunity.

Overall engagement and atmosphere in the office is healthy and the recent bowling event was a great idea!

In summary I am happy at Party, I feel motivated in my role and supported by the company and I actually have recommended it as a good place to work to my friends.

ConsParty can be very fast paced (which I personally find exciting) but may not suit everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly to continue with the current level of communications - this has been a great improvement and only have a positive impact.

A roller coaster of a ride - very big highs, massive lows.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsAt times a very dynamic company to work for.

Cutting edge work in the field which I was employed.

Reasonably good pay and benefits (although there was no pension at the time), although you really have to work for it.

Some talented individuals. Some of the best I ever worked with.

Very good training and development.

Judged on performance not just time served.

For the most part a flat structure.

Some good colleagues and generally sociable (if you could get out of the office before 10pm).

ConsFor all the benefits for working at PG, there were considerable downsides. You needed to dedicate (and were expected to dedicate every hour - waking or otherwise - to the company).

Unscheduled calls at 6.00am or late into the night for fairly minor matters were not uncommon. Holidays forget about it. Weekends are for wimps. Family - get over it. Grandmother on deathbed? Get her to hang on until after the deal closes. The work culture leads to a sense of constant anxiety - I often used to check emails 10 times per hour at weekends.

Senior management were exceptionally well paid and in some cases had lost touch with real world - its one thing taking a very short term view of work life balance when you are paid in the millions. Different for those lower down the food chain.

Bullying and intimidation were common in some departments.

Extremely political place to work - factionalised. PG needs to partner with Vax to clean up the blood on the carpet.

Aside from all of that, someone joining the industry needs to consider very carefully if they want to work in gambling - it does eat away at your soul after a time. Before you sign up, stand outside a bookies. Feel the broken dreams of the slightly unwashed man smoking cheap cigs, staring into space and thinking about his next bet. That is what you are selling.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is more to life than online gaming. Not everyone likes or cares about it.

Hire more people from other industries to get fresh perspectives.

Its not as good a company to work for as you think.

The company also needs to improve that share price for the share based benefits to have any meaning.

Fantastic pre-merger. Post, it felt like being part of a funeral dirge.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Vienna (Austria)

ProsDepending on where you worked, the facilities were excellent (Vienna, Stockholm), and the company actively tried to ensure that a positive social environment was maintained.

ConsPost-merger, you were a second-class employee if you came from bwin; the business is run by the former PartyGaming management.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreativity and innovation are stifled when workers feel threatened; running a successful company is about more than short-term profits through deep cost-cutting. There's a real danger of throwing the baby out with the bath-water.

Looking at it with a smile in one eye and a tear in the other

Team Lead (Current Employee)
    Vienna (Austria)

ProsInternational environment, experience with different cultures, many career opportunities not matter the previous education

Consakward mixtures of too much and not enough processes, partly still two companies with different approaches, sometimes decision taking is too slow or do not happen at all

Project Manaager

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Vienna (Austria)

Prosqualified people, good atmosphere, lots of new technology

Consundecisive management, bad career opportunities

Worked for PartyGaming? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PartyGaming reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PartyGaming CEO Jim Ryan & Norbert Teufelberger. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by PartyGaming employees.