PartyGaming

PartyGaming Reviews

Updated May 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

PartyGaming Co-CEOs Jim Ryan & Norbert Teufelberger.

Jim Ryan & Norbert Teufelberger.

Good people bad culture

Interactive Designer (Current Employee) City of London, England (UK)

ProsComradery between employees was good, fairly good wages and packages.

ConsMatcho work ethics and long hours admired. Bad communication between departments, project requirements continually changing where deadlines don't. Botched deployment systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementProject managers where great but, higher management took the quickest cheapest options. Think carefully before things are rushed through.

At the beginning promising and tempting then delusion.

Online Marketing Agent (Former Employee) Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

ProsOpen minded and young company, they try to give you the feeling that you are a family. Nice Corporate events and prices to win in a competition. Always food in the fridge for all employees.

ConsUnprofessionally handled management, they promise you salary and position upgrades, without holding their word. Too much pressure and competitive surrounding, you have to work night- weekend or also on high holidays. They dont promote people, although they have a good CV.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo promote employees after a few months after they asked management several times, after getting bored and no motivation left.

A positive experience...

Marketing (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsPartyGaming has really supported my career development over the past few years and I have been given opportunities that I doubt would have been available to me at other companies - I have always received regular feedback from the management team on my performance and I have been able to really progress within my role/career here and I feel fairly rewarded - (promoted twice in the past 2.5 years).

Communication within the company has vastly improved over the past few years with regular communication from the exec team and local town hall meetings for business/company updates. There is even an open forum where I can ask a member of the exec team a question and they respond within a few days which - I am not aware of many companies that would provide this opportunity.

Overall engagement and atmosphere in the office is healthy and the recent bowling event was a great idea!

In summary I am happy at Party, I feel motivated in my role and supported by the company and I actually have recommended it as a good place to work to my friends.

ConsParty can be very fast paced (which I personally find exciting) but may not suit everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly to continue with the current level of communications - this has been a great improvement and only have a positive impact.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

To give a more balanced view...

Head of Department (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsI am puzzled at the comments on this site for PartyGaming. I am a senior manager in the london office also and have been for many years and thinks it's the best place I have ever worked.

The pay and benefits are above market rate and the morale is good overall. The sense of team spirit here is also really good.

This week we've even had bacon butties to celebrate St. Patrick's Day - these kinds of events are common and the management do a lot to make working life here good.

I would definitely recommend PartyGaming as a great place to work and hope to stay here for many years more.

ConsI haven't anything particular to say here other than all process can feel frustrating sometimes but all businesses have them with the aim of making things run more smoothly. PG is no different.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep these great social events going. The HR policies, as with all companies have to be there. They just mean that managers need to follow some processes.

comfortable, like a council or government office

Department Head (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosonline gaming is still a good business and this industry seems to pay above average

Conslayoffs are a constant threat. Three major rounds of layoffs in the past two years, which corresponds to partygaming's revenue slide during this time. Partygaming's human resources department is despised throughout the company, for their silly time-consuming initiatives (the but of jokes among pg'ers) and policies that seem several decades out of date. The company's poor financial performance is probably just as much to blame for the general low level of morale.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be afraid of change! If we keep going like we have been then we are in big trouble.

An uncertain industry

Director (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Proslocation; big eGaming firm; stability

Conspoor HR policies and practices

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to clean house among Sr. Mgmt

Worked for PartyGaming? Contribute to the Community!