Parx Casino

Parx Casino Reviews

Updated December 1, 2014
Updated December 1, 2014

Anthony Ricci

Great job, just mentally tiring.

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun environment.

Most floor managers back you up.

You get a 20 minute break EVERY HOUR.

Fun employee events.

Easy job for decent pay.

You can move up. Just do your job and do it well.

Cons

The players can get extremely nasty with you and call you all types of names. (You call over your floor supervisor and they will tell them to stop. If they continue the player is removed from your game.)

Players tend to blow smoke in your face or around you. Depending on how upset they are. (You call over your floor supervisor and they will tell them to stop. If they continue the player is removed from your game.)

You are mentally tired at the end if your shift because of the players usually. (But you get a break every hour so it's not that bad)

Give us a parking garage. Hahaha :D

Great opportunity for someone who is looking for a job while finishing school.

I have been working at Parx Casino

Pros

Great pay and great people.

Cons

Hours may not be for you.

I'd say management is perfect.

The worst job I ever had!

Former Employee - Administrative in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Parx Casino full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the commute and a handful of colleagues I became friendly with, work/life balance

Cons

Anytime the board of directors came on site, it was a circus (not the fun kind). Human Resources, Company nepotism, old school thinking mentality, a few of the executives and directors are 100% inappropriate and crass. Pay was so low it was offensive. I didn't last a year, no hope for growth or opportunity. Tenured racetrack employees bullied new comers.

Pay attention to your directors and their behavior. They may give you good face time, but they will wind up running the casino into the ground. I never met such an emotional and petty executive and director-level board. Cut dead weight when it is obvious. You need a major re-haul of leadership as the team members don't take you seriously at all. The casino could blow up with success if you got rid of the road blocks and drama at the top.

Great place to work work

Current Employee - Table Dealer in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Employee events are a lot of fun.

Cons

Weekends and holidays, but it's a 24 hour operation.

Great job

Such a great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love my job. Great co-workers in every department. It's such a great feeling to walk down the hall and comfortably say Hello to everyone. I've made many friends working at Parx and continue to do so each day. The employee cafeteria is beautiful. The pay is fabulous. Fun company wide events and contests with awesome prizes.

Cons

My main dislike of working @ Parx is the fact that we have to work every holiday. I am part-time and work a few days a week but they will always schedule us on holidays. I would love to spend time with my family on an upcoming Chrostmas, Thanksgiving or Easter soon. It almost breaks my heart.

Parx gives scholarship money to full-time employees. I am a part time employee but full time college student. It would be amazing if they could help out the part-time employees as well. After all I am working at Parx TO pay my school tuition.

Maybe get to know the employees more... Possibly offer some type of scholarship money to Part-time employees as well.

If you are not liked, you won't be there long

I worked at Parx Casino

Pros

I enjoyed coming to work most days because my co-workers and the customers always made it fun. Most people looked out for each other.

Cons

Upper management did not care about you unless you were their pet. Different departments hardly spoke to each other unless it was to the waiters and waitresses. No consistency in procedures. People are picked for promotions instead of those wanting them, applying for them.

Management needs to get to know their employees better and be more consistent with procedures. Incentives for employees that show hard work might be nice too. Especially when it involves coming to work in hurricanes and blizzards.

Cage manager

I worked at Parx Casino

Pros

Casino si a very stressful environment

Cons

Food choices are a joke. Can't leave to buy outside food.

This is the most stressful, tiring job I have ever had.

I have been working at Parx Casino part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good money. Nice employee lunchroom. Awesome co-workers. If you need extra money, it is a good 2nd job. Very diverse people.

Cons

Full of nepotism. You rarely get promoted if you are a dealer. Most dealers are PT and are treated like trash. No benefits unless you are full-time, even if you are a part-time employee who works 40 hours. Management eats for free, dealers must pay for food, which is pricey. Base pay is 4.25, so if people do not tip, expect to have a lousy paycheck.

Most people who work here are related somehow- married, parent-child, couples, siblings- Parx will hire anybody to deal cards, and if you happen to work there and have a relative who needs a job, Parx will hire that relative.

There is so much nepotism it is pathetic. Most of the managers are married to each other or are dating. Different rules for different dealers- if you are attractive and you deal well, you get the nicer tables with the better players.

Its sad how they treat their employees

Current Employee - Player Services in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Player Services in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino full-time

Pros

Salary and Believe me "That's it!"

Cons

They do not in any way shape or form care about anything but the mighty dollar! It's really sad because it could be a really fun place to work if the money grubbing owners didn't have their say! If they would just worry about treating their employees like more than a number, maybe customer service wouldn't be an issue! There are so many other things I could say but what's the point? As long as you have gamblers, you will always have casinos and people working in them. I never worked in such a horrible invironment like parx in my life! Believe me, 95% of my co-workers agree!!!!!

Management probably feels the same way but they need a job too! I just think that it takes a whole lot more effort to be nasty than it does to just be nice and that place just makes nice people nasty!!

made a lot of friends, but upper management doesn't care about the employees at all and it isn't just my opinion.

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Parx Casino full-time (more than an year)

Pros

tips were good, a lot of good people work there, it's a fun environment, dealers stuck together.

Cons

no respect for employees, hired employees at part time status but scheduled full time hrs so they didn't have to pay health insurance

start caring about your employees. There were good people employeed for you, VERY good people that you just let go without any warning. You hire people for part time, have them work full time hours so you don't have to pay medical benefits. Sure it may be a good casino to put money in your pockets, and the employees but no one sees what it's like behind the surface. This company is the worst I have EVER worked for.