Parx Casino Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Anthony Ricci

1. Great job, just mentally tiring.

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment. Most floor managers back you up. You get a 20 minute break EVERY HOUR. Fun employee events. Easy job for decent pay. You can move up. Just do your job and do it well.

Cons

The players can get extremely nasty with you and call you all types of names. (You call over your floor supervisor and they will tell them to stop. If they continue the player is removed from your game.) Players tend to blow smoke in your face or around you. Depending on how upset they are. (You call over your floor supervisor and they will tell them to stop. If they continue the player is removed from your game.) You are mentally tired at the end if your shift because of the players usually. (But you get a break every hour so it's not that bad)

Advice to Management

Give us a parking garage. Hahaha :D

2. “Great money; horrible working conditions and no personal life

Former Employee - Player Services
    Former Employee - Player Services

I worked at Parx Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay for a college student; $15 per hour plus tips as a Player Service Representative. I could make anywhere between $1 to $600 in tips in one night.

Cons

1) Racism...yes, RACISM is a problem at Parx Casino and not in the way you probably think (Black vs. White). A lot of my coworkers teased the Asian people in the "East Asian Gaming Room", saying things like they refuse to help them if they can't speak English, they stink and absolutely refusing to work in the Asian Gaming room. I am a shamed for not speaking up against my coworkers and their thoughts but I was one of the only people who thought these comments were more than insensitive. 2) Lousy hours; work every holiday. You'll make a lot of money but will not have time to spend it. 3) The departments do not speak to each other. It was rare for the cage cashiers to speak to the player service reps and the player service reps to speak to the cocktail staff. Not sure why. Very clique-ish. 4) I wasn't a dealer but I always saw them getting treated like crap by their bosses. DON'T BE A DEALER HERE. THE ONLY DEPARTMENT WHERE I SEE GROWN PEOPLE GETTING YELLED AT. 5) Nepotism...everywhere.

Advice to Management

For the casino to be owned by a foreigner, he should be more concerned how his staff treats his Asian clientele because they're being picked on for being foreign.

3. Stuck in the stone age

I worked at Parx Casino

Pros

Good people, casino is beautiful, tons of potential.

Cons

Management doesn't keep up with the local competition.

Advice to Management

Hire leaders with experience.

5. Great opportunity for someone who is looking for a job while finishing school.

I have been working at Parx Casino

Pros

Great pay and great people.

Cons

Hours may not be for you.

Advice to Management

I'd say management is perfect.

6. The worst job I ever had!

Former Employee - Administrative in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Parx Casino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the commute and a handful of colleagues I became friendly with, work/life balance

Cons

Anytime the board of directors came on site, it was a circus (not the fun kind). Human Resources, Company nepotism, old school thinking mentality, a few of the executives and directors are 100% inappropriate and crass. Pay was so low it was offensive. I didn't last a year, no hope for growth or opportunity. Tenured racetrack employees bullied new comers.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your directors and their behavior. They may give you good face time, but they will wind up running the casino into the ground. I never met such an emotional and petty executive and director-level board. Cut dead weight when it is obvious. You need a major re-haul of leadership as the team members don't take you seriously at all. The casino could blow up with success if you got rid of the road blocks and drama at the top.

7. Great place to work work

Current Employee - Table Dealer in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Employee events are a lot of fun.

Cons

Weekends and holidays, but it's a 24 hour operation.

Advice to Management

Great job

8. Such a great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my job. Great co-workers in every department. It's such a great feeling to walk down the hall and comfortably say Hello to everyone. I've made many friends working at Parx and continue to do so each day. The employee cafeteria is beautiful. The pay is fabulous. Fun company wide events and contests with awesome prizes.

Cons

My main dislike of working @ Parx is the fact that we have to work every holiday. I am part-time and work a few days a week but they will always schedule us on holidays. I would love to spend time with my family on an upcoming Chrostmas, Thanksgiving or Easter soon. It almost breaks my heart. Parx gives scholarship money to full-time employees. I am a part time employee but full time college student. It would be amazing if they could help out the part-time employees as well. After all I am working at Parx TO pay my school tuition.

Advice to Management

Maybe get to know the employees more... Possibly offer some type of scholarship money to Part-time employees as well.

9. If you are not liked, you won't be there long

I worked at Parx Casino

Pros

I enjoyed coming to work most days because my co-workers and the customers always made it fun. Most people looked out for each other.

Cons

Upper management did not care about you unless you were their pet. Different departments hardly spoke to each other unless it was to the waiters and waitresses. No consistency in procedures. People are picked for promotions instead of those wanting them, applying for them.

Advice to Management

Management needs to get to know their employees better and be more consistent with procedures. Incentives for employees that show hard work might be nice too. Especially when it involves coming to work in hurricanes and blizzards.

Cage manager

I worked at Parx Casino

Pros

Casino si a very stressful environment

Cons

Food choices are a joke. Can't leave to buy outside food.

11. This is the most stressful, tiring job I have ever had.

I have been working at Parx Casino part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money. Nice employee lunchroom. Awesome co-workers. If you need extra money, it is a good 2nd job. Very diverse people.

Cons

Full of nepotism. You rarely get promoted if you are a dealer. Most dealers are PT and are treated like trash. No benefits unless you are full-time, even if you are a part-time employee who works 40 hours. Management eats for free, dealers must pay for food, which is pricey. Base pay is 4.25, so if people do not tip, expect to have a lousy paycheck. Most people who work here are related somehow- married, parent-child, couples, siblings- Parx will hire anybody to deal cards, and if you happen to work there and have a relative who needs a job, Parx will hire that relative. There is so much nepotism it is pathetic. Most of the managers are married to each other or are dating. Different rules for different dealers- if you are attractive and you deal well, you get the nicer tables with the better players.

RSS Feed </> Embed