Pasadena City College

Add Photos

Paulette J. Perfumo

Great Working Environment

Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsVery friendly supervisors and co-workers

ConsWork-study pay is a little low at $8/hr

My experience at Pasadena City College was personally and professionally fulfilling.

Instructional Aide (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsPasadena City College is a wonderful place to work because of its diverse student population and commitment to providing a superior educational experience and training. There are many opportunities to find creative solutions to overcome challenges that are a part to the educational process.

ConsThat they don't provide enough benefits for hourly employees and you have to pay for parking.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut adjunct faculty on the tenure track sooner and give more incentives to stay at P.C.C.

Service upon request

Hourly Empolyee (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsI deeply enjoy working for the IT department. It is by far the best job I landed to date!

ConsThe work can become monotones but the everyday events that occur spice up the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the little people, they are the ones that make the difference in the projects.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

tutor

Tutor (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

Proslove working there, great people and environment.

ConsI wish if they allow people to advance.

Great place for experience.

Office Assistant (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsOveral l really liked working here as a student. Had set hours and was really flexible with my hours.

ConsThe budget cuts because I lost my job after a year

This employment was definitely a laid back experience; Having even a minimal amount of competency is sufficient.

Office Assistant (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsA major benefit is definitely the incredibly flexible schedule (although that may vary depending on who manages your department). The pay is reasonable; Nothing more should be expected from a student-worker position at a college.

ConsThe downsides, (although almost every student-worker job has this downside attached to it) are that there is no possibility of career advancement and there is no chance of receiving benefits and/or a pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate more responsibilities to eager and competent student workers, as well as offer incentive to better performing workers. Having a few dedicated interns per department as compared to two assistants per teacher would make sense in a financial downturn that we're currently facing.

Assisted a professor in the grading, recording, and distribution of exams.

Grader (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsHourly wage is inflated. The pay is pretty good for what is expected. Grading is straightforward and so is the program used to record scores.

ConsGenerally disorganized with employees who are slow at their jobs because they know they're safe. Some people just stop caring when they've been somewhere for too long.

At PCC

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsGood direct management. They allow for personal time, and it's not a job where you have to sweat in order to complete the day. In fact, many people just glide through doing next to nothing.

ConsIf you like being bored out of your mind, then work at PCC. Also, be prepared to be frustrated. At home, most of us are used to good technology, and we're used to companies trying to expand their technology to entice new clients. At PCC their technology is a joke. They're back in the 80's at best. Their MIS department is horrendous. They are undereducated and next to worthless.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that you're looked upon as being completely outdated. There hasn't been any significant changes to increase the operational effectiveness of the 2 year university in ages. And it's your fault. Your subordinates are scared of change, and you lack the courage or enthusiasm to confront them and mandate change regardless of union disapproval. Fire everyone in the MIS department and get some fresh CS majors.

Great part time job for those whom are attending a university or cal state.

Financial Aid Intake (Hourly) (Current Employee)

ProsThe hours given are VERY flexible to fit school schedules. Adjustment can me made every quarter or semester. The pay is great considering the job responsibilities and task that needed to be done day to day.

ConsThere are a set amount of hours that are you able to work. So if those hours run out before the academic school year ends, you're pretty much out of a job for those days, weeks or months.

Advice to Senior ManagementHourly and classified workers should NOT be treated differently.

Worked for Pasadena City College? Contribute to the Community!