Pason Systems

4.2

Pason Systems President & CEO Marcel Kessler
Marcel Kessler

20 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Pason always made me feel respected

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time

Pros

I always felt like the company really appreciated my contributions and skills, and always got lots of encouragement and feedback. I really liked my managers, though I can't contribute an opinion about management in general. I felt like there was very little B.S... didn't have to deal with any office politics, rules that made no sense, etc. in my time there. They have amazing benefits.

Cons

The only con for me was the volatility of the industry... though honestly Pason did their best to find solutions other than laying us off when work was slow.

Great place!

I worked at Pason Systems full-time

Pros

It has a very good company culture, with decent pay. Lots of talented people (and opportunities) around to learn new things from. Management is flexible and supportive of employee needs. Compensation is also above average.

Cons

Rapid expansion seems to have affected company dynamics and culture slightly - to be expected though I think. Not much openings for the field I worked in.

Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Administration in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Administration in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They provide an array of fitness activities and encourage employees to take time out of their work day to enjoy pilates, yoga, ball hockey, and many other activities. There are social events throughout the year where employees can get to know others in a fun energetic environment.

Cons

It is a large company trying to hold on to their small company feel. There are a lack of policies and procedures which frustrate some employees.

Be present at social events and engage other employees instead of staying within the senior team.

Awesome company to work for

Current Intern - Intern in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Intern - Intern in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture. The people who work here are very, very intelligent and I learned a lot from them. It feels like a start-up.

Cons

If you're not an engineer, learning about Pason's products can be a bit overwhelming, but it's all a part of the process.

Keep up the awesome work! Although, I'd love to see women on the executive team.

Fantastic Company! Fantastic People! Fantastic Work life balance!

I have been working at Pason Systems

Pros

Pason has a great team with very smart and innovative people who want to make a difference. There are not a lot of politics which is a really nice change to some of the companies in Calgary. It feels like you can actually make a difference at Pason no matter what level of position you are in. They do take care of their employees which really makes you want to come to work each day. This is the best company I have ever worked for!

Cons

Nothing that stands out as I think it is a great company to work for.

Love it here

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee morale is high, no drama, teambuilding, 4 weeks vacations to start, yearly bonus, great benefit and rrsp plan

Cons

Would like more flexibility in my hours, that's the only con I can think of.

Good job. More time should be spent managing expenses and costs and the savings should be passed on to the employees through their bonuses.

Decent company, nice people, unambitious development goals.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Pason Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with in their product development were great people. Fun to go to work with. Had my own office so it was easy to concentrate.

Cons

Focus on always developing new features so sales would always have something new to demo. No real consideration for the customer experience or on going costs to maintenance. No vision.

Big potential but complacent management

Former Employee - Software Developer in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Pason Systems full-time

Pros

The company culture and work/life balance is great. Financial compensation is good, above average.

Cons

Many employees have been with the company for a very long time and while this is good for attrition it also means that seniority is tied to years of service rather than technical merits, although there are some exceptions. This also seems to be ingrained in Pason's culture, which makes is extremely difficult to grow and implement change.

Encourage the movement of engineers across the organization. Eliminate useless meetings and streamline process. Outsourcing software development/QA was a terrible idea, cost the company significant amount of money and time to coordinate projects. It's contrary to the culture senior management communicated it aimed to build and would likely and unfortunately lead to disastrous results for some projects. Pason can financially afford to organically grow.

Great low key place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very little office politics and drama, encouragement in career advancement, employees are happy and pleasant to one another, not downtown

Cons

Siloed groups, little interaction between them, IT department seems overloaded

Solid company, good people

Former Employee - Technical Communicator in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Technical Communicator in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Pason Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros – Compensation packages including salary and non-monetary are above average. Genuine opportunties for career development, training, vacation, work-life balance.
    Management promotes team work and collegial atmosphere. Contract workers also treated well--virtually like employees including year-end bonuses, which is unheard of.

I was at Pason for 2+ years in the Technical Communications group. I enjoyed working with my direct co-workers, who were friendly and professional. No politics was a huge bonus! My manager was supportive and provided clear direction yet allowed me to take the initiative so I never felt micro-managed. Fair's fair--in return for my hard work, my manager made sure I was more than fairly compensated and appreciated by the company. I saw several instances of my manager's genuine care and concern for staff. I really don't get the negative review about the Technical Communications group below--reviewer has an axe to grind--because the manager in that review is not the one I know. I was very sorry to leave Pason for personal reasons and would go back in a heart beat.

Cons

Cons – I'm an inner-city resident who doesn't like to commute so Pason's location in an industrial park was a detractor for me.

Keep up the good work--seriously!