Pason Systems Reviews

4.0
Pason Systems President & CEO Marcel Kessler
Marcel Kessler

1. Communications position

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems

Pros

Middle management is quite flexible and sincerely concerned for their employees' well-being. I feel that I have always been treated fairly, and my experience has been taken into consideration. I've generally enjoyed working with them.

Cons

I wish that upper management were slightly more concerned about their employees - both in terms of them as human beings as well as needing tools, etc to do their job correctly.

Advice to Management

Middle management (as far as I can tell) has risen through the ranks and generally earned their positions, so I feel they are generally responsible to their employees. Upper management comes across as caring little for employees. I don't think there is any advice worth offering, as I doubt they would consider it.

Good people, dysfunctional management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Pason Systems full-time

Pros

Good people. The developers and engineers I worked with were all very smart and talented. Good work/life balance. Office has great air conditioning.

Cons

Dysfunctional, convoluted management structure with way too many layers. Lack of product vision and follow through. Lack of accountability. Lots of talk about an entrepreneurial culture with no politics which couldn’t be further from the truth. Change happens very slowly, if at all.

3. mechanical design intern

I worked at Pason Systems

Pros

Great job, lots of responsibility and great opportunity to learn. Great team of people and fun place to work.

Cons

Small team, may not have the same opportunities of a larger company

5. Pason always made me feel respected

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time

Pros

I always felt like the company really appreciated my contributions and skills, and always got lots of encouragement and feedback. I really liked my managers, though I can't contribute an opinion about management in general. I felt like there was very little B.S... didn't have to deal with any office politics, rules that made no sense, etc. in my time there. They have amazing benefits.

Cons

The only con for me was the volatility of the industry... though honestly Pason did their best to find solutions other than laying us off when work was slow.

6. Great place!

I worked at Pason Systems full-time

Pros

It has a very good company culture, with decent pay. Lots of talented people (and opportunities) around to learn new things from. Management is flexible and supportive of employee needs. Compensation is also above average.

Cons

Rapid expansion seems to have affected company dynamics and culture slightly - to be expected though I think. Not much openings for the field I worked in.

7. Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Administration in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Administration in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide an array of fitness activities and encourage employees to take time out of their work day to enjoy pilates, yoga, ball hockey, and many other activities. There are social events throughout the year where employees can get to know others in a fun energetic environment.

Cons

It is a large company trying to hold on to their small company feel. There are a lack of policies and procedures which frustrate some employees.

Advice to Management

Be present at social events and engage other employees instead of staying within the senior team.

8. Awesome company to work for

Current Intern - Intern in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Intern - Intern in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture. The people who work here are very, very intelligent and I learned a lot from them. It feels like a start-up.

Cons

If you're not an engineer, learning about Pason's products can be a bit overwhelming, but it's all a part of the process.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work! Although, I'd love to see women on the executive team.

9. Fantastic Company! Fantastic People! Fantastic Work life balance!

I have been working at Pason Systems

Pros

Pason has a great team with very smart and innovative people who want to make a difference. There are not a lot of politics which is a really nice change to some of the companies in Calgary. It feels like you can actually make a difference at Pason no matter what level of position you are in. They do take care of their employees which really makes you want to come to work each day. This is the best company I have ever worked for!

Cons

Nothing that stands out as I think it is a great company to work for.

10. Love it here

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee morale is high, no drama, teambuilding, 4 weeks vacations to start, yearly bonus, great benefit and rrsp plan

Cons

Would like more flexibility in my hours, that's the only con I can think of.

Advice to Management

Good job. More time should be spent managing expenses and costs and the savings should be passed on to the employees through their bonuses.

11. Decent company, nice people, unambitious development goals.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Pason Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with in their product development were great people. Fun to go to work with. Had my own office so it was easy to concentrate.

Cons

Focus on always developing new features so sales would always have something new to demo. No real consideration for the customer experience or on going costs to maintenance. No vision.

RSS Feed </> Embed