Passages Hospice

passageshospice.com

Passages Hospice Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Seth Gillman

Great bunch of People, who everyday strive to deliver

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInnovative thinkers, always looking to do better

Consthey just keep on getting hit with bad luck

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your chin up.

Excellent individual who accomplished objectives.

Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) Elgin, IL

ProsGood quality people to work with.

Conscompany closed as of February 2014..

Advice to Senior ManagementHope you succeed in all your ventures.

Closed and didn't pay their employees!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, good coworkers in the field

ConsPoor management, secretive, only focused on cenus, house of cards. The pride and greed of a few closed the company. Did many things behind the employees backs!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees their back wages! It's probably a good thing the owner was charged with Medicare fraud.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Greed ruined what could have been a good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees in the field - all very caring people

ConsLack of transparency. This company is no longer in operation.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally?

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lisle, IL

ProsI have not had any bad experiences while working at Passages Hospice, LLC. I see all the bad reviews on here and I have not seen anything that was stated in the negative reviews. Passages does require degrees, licenses and or certificates. It would be illegal to have nurses work without licenses. Background checks are also conducted on ALL employees. I think if you are a disgruntle employee, you shouldn't be making up stuff to bad mouth a company.

ConsI have not come across any.

Good riddance!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood clinical staff ....very caring!

ConsOwnership.......thieves and liars!!

Many employees, families, and patients suffer at the hands of an ownership which is only out to steal as much as they can and leave the company and all who depend on it an empty husk.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoy prison!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Rollercoaster

CNA (Current Employee)

ProsWork schedule, co-workers..chaplains, nurses, SW. Flexability. Familys of patients very rewarding of our hard work and dedication towards family members.

ConsTravel not compensated appropiately.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is a must and they lack it. The clinical staff is what made passages who it was, we are the ones who cared for patients, and spoke with family members. we were the ones who made the company look good. Management got all benefits of all our hard work, by getting a bonus, for the number of patients WE clinical take care of.

Deceived overworked taken advantage of and disrespected by management

ProsGreat experiences with patients and their families - great equipment and supplies for patients - very caring clinical staff

ConsFBI investigation destroyed company
    Very poor training for employees
    Health benefits have been terminated for staff
    Annual income raises have been frozen
    salary with no overtime - long long hours -
    On- call weekend schedules are grueling for all clinical staff
    Management are very disorganized, disrespectful to clinical staff and unprofessional
    Charting is more important than patient care

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with the respect and professional courtesy they have earned -
    Inform employees when their benefits have changed -
    Get a new job in any other field but hospice care - you don't belong in the same sphere as your dedicated clinical staff - shame on you
    Put the same focus on patient care that you put on making money and watch what happens -

If Only Upper Management Did Not Get In The Way.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros--The non-management team (both clinical and nonclinical) were amazing to work with. The sacrifice and passion they gave to their patients, families and their colleagues were a real treat for me personally.
    --Benefits package and travel compensation

Cons--Non-existent communication from the management team. Management has consistently fired or demoted employees under questionable circumstances, and does not address those changes to the staff which has dampened company morale.
    --The inept and narcissistic behavior of management is appalling in every sense: Management refuses to even discuss anything remotely negative that's affecting the company, and does not involve non-management staff on how they can overcome the real obstacles that the company has not been willing to take on.
    --Too many new initiatives, but with very little follow up. Programs that reflect diversity, hospital readmissions, palliative care, etc have all failed because there was little follow up, and direction from leadership to actually make the programs be effective.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication 101. Stop it with the constant propaganda of "Everything will be alright. We will get through this" without even having steps on how to confront reality such as losing our nursing home accounts that Passages owe untold money to.

Instead of making sports analogies about how to overcome exceedingly difficult odds of losing our patient census due to the federal indictment charges on Mr. Gillman, how about worrying about the care of the patients and relationships, instead of the dollar signs. The dollar signs is what got this company into trouble.

Pay your employees on-time. That would really help.

.....And look yourself in the mirror....a real hard look at it. You have negatively affected the lives of so many employees that came on the pretense that this is a place of love, caring, and support, and took advantage of their generosity and sacrifice. You have negatively affected the lives of patients and their families through ill-advised moves, and because of that selfishness, they are forced to move to another hospice provider. For shame.

Had I known earlier, I would not work for this company

ProsGet so close to death.

ConsLow pay with long working hours. I was sent to some place where I had to drive for more than one hour to do a death call at 12:00 AM. Despite of the weather, still have to go out on the holidays. Management plays "favorite" so often and so obvious. Yet they think, nobody knows.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be honest and sincere.

Worked for Passages Hospice? Contribute to the Community!