Passkey International

4.2

Greg Pesik

Top Notch Culture

I have been working at Passkey International full-time

Pros

Unmatched culture, truly a team effort where everyone helps each other and truly cares about the customer. Small company advantages included flexibility in work hours & time off.

Cons

Product releases were sometimes more about being "sexy" vs. functional for customers. Bugs could take years to be addressed and fixed.

As Passkey was recently purchased by Lanyon I hope that some of the care for customers and the knowledge that the Passkey employees bring to the table can live on within the larger company.

Best Place I have ever worked.

I have been working at Passkey International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For the first time in my entire life I have felt that when I went to work my opinion was heard. Great work like family balance and competitive pay.

Cons

Only down fall is that many times the positions covered for others that were not fully staffed. It created a lot of additional work and time away from family.

Great Company in a growing industry

I worked at Passkey International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very good company to work for. Expectations are high but hard work is both valued and rewarded. Great people from co-workers through management.

Cons

The fast pace may be too much for some but overall, Passkey provides a good work environment.

Don't work here unless you are desperate

I worked at Passkey International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn new technology. Small company allowing you to know everyone. A fun group of people. Salary is great. Management is ok but depends totally upon which area you work in, and who you report to.

Cons

Lacks infrastructure to support the technology, but you are still expected to make it work. Day to day stress levels are extreme, with long hours. Expected to place your job before your family.

Fantastic company to work for...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Passkey International

Pros

Working for a small technology company that develops a tech solution that truly resolves a pain/need within the hospitality market. I love that Passkey allows an individual to really shine and skill develop. The camaraderie - "we are in this together, success or failure - is fantastic. The company makes a point of ensuring employees have what they need to be balance work and home life...to include great benefits and a unique PTO policy. Upper management is always sharing their vision and future plans.

Cons

As with any "small" technology company (100 employees or less) operating within a new and developing market, there is always additional exposure to economic ups and downs...perhaps not as concerning when employed at a big "established" tech company such as Adobe or Google. But see pro's...

Keep it up, thank you. I can't think of another place I'd rather work for currently, and I hope to be with Passkey for the long haul...

Unless you still like high school cliques, stay away.

Current Employee - No Longer Working There. in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - No Longer Working There. in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Passkey International

Pros

You'll learn much about the Hotel Industry, its practices and general policies throughout the world.

Cons

Very isolated senior management group, with folks filling rolls because of time of service to the company, not because they are especially good at it.

Shake up your ranks, bring in some folks who have real world experience in running Operations. Learn to listen to the Engineering group. Don't be so quick to lay off folks in favor of contract labor from India.

Very well run organization and a great employer

I have been working at Passkey International

Pros

- Does right by its employees and customers
    - Great culture that treats people like adults who can think for themselves
    - Cutting-edge technology and always pushing it further
    - Small enough to know everyone
    - Excellent benefits

Cons

It would be nice if we had more development resources because there are a lot of great ideas and only so many hours in a day, so some of the enhancements don't make it into production as quickly as we'd like. (This of course is true at almost all software companies.)

Unmatched Work Environment

I have been working at Passkey International

Pros

Passkey fosters an amazing culture where initiative, creativity and excellence are rewarded. Leadership offers complete transparency and everyone is clear that their role plays a large part in the company's success.

Cons

Passkey is not a fit for people who prefer to fly below the radar and blame their successes or failures on others. Essentially, if you have a victim mentality, you won't like the environment...

Keep doing what you're doing... The culture is so unique and unlike anything I've experienced or hear about from my friends at other companies.