Pathway Genomics Reviews

12 reviews filtered by
3.3
James Plante

1. Great career move

I have been working at Pathway Genomics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My favorite thing about working at Pathway Genomics is how passionate the employees are about revolutionizing healthcare. Its great to work in an environment to see other people passionate about the amazing work we are doing. This was the best decision I have ever made, and my career is much better off for making the move. I am so glad to be part of an amazing team at Pathway. Everyday it feels like the company is investing in me. I really enjoy the lunches; we all eat lunch as a team everyday and Pathway buys our meals every single day for every single employee.

Cons

The parking lot is tiny. No 401K match.

Advice to Management

We love the perks of working at Pathway, the lunches with our team everyday is a great for team building.

Very EXCITING and INNOVATIVE company!

I have been working at Pathway Genomics

Pros

This is a very exciting company to work for because of how innovative it is. I learn new things everyday, and love coming to work. It is exciting to be able to grow something that is having such a positive impact on healthcare and is improving patients lives. Pathway Genomics treats its employees incredibly; we have the nicest facility around, benefits are top-notch, everyday we have a free catered lunch that is very healthy and there are snacks available throughout the day.

Cons

Like many startups, things can change fast and at times its not easy. There has been some turnover because some people do not like change.

Advice to Management

It is important to hire the right people who can be successful in a startup atmosphere.

Beware - Stay Away

I have been working at Pathway Genomics

Pros

Free food everyday which is nice.

Cons

Massive amount of turn-over. CSO was recently fired and there is no direction from upper management so many CLS lab personnel have left or they are looking. CCO hires and fires sales reps every 3-6 months.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics which is the science and come down from your ivory tower to communicate the company direction to the masses.

Don't touch this company

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Pathway Genomics

Pros

none none none none none

Cons

You will only be there for a few months. The sales force has turned over at least four times.

Advice to Management

Close the doors.

Never a dull moment !

Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pathway Genomics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is extremely rewarding. Able to work on many different projects and technologies. Able to point at an outcome and feel accomplished. The company has many events, fun place to work.

Cons

Hard to say lacks a matching 401k program. Traffic in the area can be troublesome, but one you know the patterns its ok.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your staff and employees to do what they do best. Develop new and exciting products.

Fast Growing Company with a Positive Mission and Room for Growth

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pathway Genomics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pathway has a noble mission of helping patients worldwide. The company is agile and growing very fast. I've been with the company for several years, and had the opportunity for upward mobility in the organization. Some standout things about Pathway's culture that I have always appreciated are leadership's openness to feedback from staff and the creative freedom/encouragement to think "outside the box" with projects and initiatives.

Cons

Not really a major thing, but the dress code is a little tight for SoCal tech (slacks, button-up shirt for guys). It would be nice to loosen it up a bit (jeans, polos, tshirts, etc).

Advice to Management

There have been a lot of regular communications to staff about company news. This is good. Keep it up!

Pathway Genomics = PATIENT FIRST!

Current Employee - Scientist, Content Development in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Scientist, Content Development in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pathway Genomics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Patient focused, innovative, exciting and cutting edge!! Intelligent people in all departments, lot's of room for growth. Everyone is contributing at the end of the day in helping a patient or family with the genetic services we are offering, its a real good feeling.

Cons

Extremely fast paced, hard to keep up sometimes.

Advice to Management

Empower middle management and we will grow faster. Don't put up with the road blockers.

Pathway Genomics Sucks

Former Employee - Oncology Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Oncology Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Pathway Genomics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the beginning you are promised a hefty salary. This is to lure you over from your current company.

Cons

They are unstable. Currently they have a high attrition rate, upper management leaving in droves. No leadership and a lawsuit by Myriad Genetics.

Advice to Management

Go back to square one of a small Salesforce of 10 across the USA. Stop hiring people just to fire them 70 days later for no reason. Reputation is everything, your reputation is falling as ex employees work at other labs or stay in the genomics industry. Treating employees like garbage is not a sign of a good successful company or leadership skills.

Settle the lawsuit with Myriad right away before it turns worse. They could issue subpoenas to all Pathway Genomics employees past and present. Work on your company culture and less on sleazy advertising and parties. The image you want to portray is professionalism, the image you currently have is sleazy.

Unstable Company

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Pathway Genomics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When you first start, they sell you on the dream and vision. They will give you a nice base salary of 70 K

Cons

After leaving my previous company to work here, 40 of us were terminated by email with no rhyme or reason or even a phone call. It's a terrible environment and they hire and fire good people all the time for no reason. I am unhappy because it happened to me ands I don't want it to happen to you!

Advice to Management

There is no advise you can offer management because they flat out don't care about you or your opinions.

Challenging, always something interesting to work on

I have been working at Pathway Genomics

Pros

Working at Pathway has been a great experience to improve my skill set and add to my resume. I've had a great opportunity to get involved in many facets of the company. The company has experienced nice growth over the past year which has made the work interesting. Working here, I have yet to think about looking at the clock ready to leave as thing constantly change and it makes the environment anything but boring. Yes, it sometimes is a challenge when you have to pivot often to new products, but you have to support the company and their mission.

The new building they are in is very nice. The work area is comfortable with plenty of space. They hire smart, high quality people that like to be challenged. If you are looking for something that isn't boring, that's challenging and will push you to improve your skills, then this is a great spot.

Cons

Challenges are that working here sometime requires you to step up and take a lead on a new project and run with it without many requirements. You have to wear a few hats. There are a lot of cookie jars to get your hands into and it sometimes is hard to balance all the opportunity and pick the ones that bring the most value to our clients while keeping everyone (your boss) happy.

Advice to Management

I'm sure management is under the same situation, however the ability communicate the direction we are going in for the next 3-6 months would be nice to know. Many times we don't hear what is going on over the next few months even though we are working on those projects. Better communication on how XYZ project adds value.