Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare

1. Css help people with mental and physical health recover

Current Employee - CSS in Raymore, MO
    Current Employee - CSS in Raymore, MO

I have been working at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare

Pros

Flexibility, benefits include educational reimbursement, cell phones and fleet cars, great coworkers, supportive supervisors, agency has anonymous reporting system, can work hours I want,

Cons

Low pay, dirty homes, lack of transportation in community

2. Outpatient Therapist

Former Employee - Outpatient Therapist
    Former Employee - Outpatient Therapist

I worked at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most coworkers. There are no other pros to this agency.

Cons

Unsupportive, unsafe environment. Peter principle at work, the least qualified are promoted. Unethical practices encoraged. Main office in Clinton has no clue about what happens in satellite offices.

Advice to Management

Provide support to staff. Stop allowing unqualified, unethical individuals in supervisory roles. Listen to staff and pay attention to what is happening in the satellite offices.

3. Paid like I have only a GED, when I have a Masters and multiple credentials. Unappreciated

Current Employee - Therapist in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Therapist in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my coworkers and work environment. They hire PLPCs and provide supervision if needed although with an associated price for it.

Cons

Completely unappreciated and blatantly underpaid! Have made me wonder why o paid for grad school to be paid like I didn't.

Advice to Management

Listen!!!

5. A learning experience!!!

Former Employee - Addiction Recovery Tech in Greenwell Springs, LA
    Former Employee - Addiction Recovery Tech in Greenwell Springs, LA

I worked at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the teenagers

Cons

The company not organized at all.

6. Provided experience in a variety of roles.

I have been working at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancements and on-going education in evidence based practices.

Cons

Disregards concerns of entry level positions.

Advice to Management

None

7. Unsafe, unsanitary, AND STRESSFUL!

Former Employee - Community Support Specialist
    Former Employee - Community Support Specialist

I worked at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good and caring co-workers. Most of the people enter the field/job because they care for and want to help people.

Cons

The "billing" hours per day/month/year are ridiculously unachievable but the stress to get the hours is unbearable. There are no set rules but somehow they are always changing, so you never know if you're doing you job correctly or if you're going to be in trouble. There are unreasonable requirements that reach outside your specific field (i.e. you need to know and provide interventions for physical health). The houses you enter are unsafe (especially when it gets dark earlier in the evening) and extremely unsanitary. Clients do not have the respect not to smoke around you. There are very stressful times during the year when there are audits, certification board reviews, and annual reviews when the stress trickles down and lands on the shoulders of CSSs to be responsible for everything. Collaborative documentation is mandatory, but the netbooks and signature pads they provide continually run out of battery/do not work. For the most part, clients do not want assistance, they simply want transportation or someone to watch their kids while they nap. This was an extremely frustrating job that has left me depressed and irritable. I would not recommend this company to anyone. STAY AWAY!

Advice to Management

Take a day in a CSS's shoes to see how things really work. Expectations for such little pay are absolutely ridiculous. I have not talked to one CSS who is happy. You want to be "employer of choice?" Well then listen to us and change your polices. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY! It's about client care! You are driving good people away from the field.

8. Very positive atmosphere with caring supervisors and coworkers!

Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist
    Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist

Pros

Supportive supervisors; flexibility in scheduling; career growth; frequent opportunities for collaborating with other professionals

Cons

Top-heavy management; open-door policy means no choice in which clients are seen

Advice to Management

If you were once a clinician, don't forget what it was like and what it was you needed to feel supported.

9. A learning experience

Current Employee - License Professional Counselor in Lebanon, MO
    Current Employee - License Professional Counselor in Lebanon, MO

I have been working at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

near by office, self-directed, organizational skills, warmth environment

Cons

low paying, too much driving, constantly visiting clients with filthy homes infested with fleas, bed bugs, and other detestable insects.

Advice to Management

increase salary

Stressful

Former Employee - CSS in Clinton, MO
    Former Employee - CSS in Clinton, MO

I worked at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare

Pros

Co-workers and clients were great.

Cons

Overloaded and underpaid.
    impossible to accomplish work expected in only 40 hrs a week.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to manage the work load. It's a non profit so don't focus on the profits so much.

Mental Health Worker

Current Employee - Community Support Specialist in Clinton, MO
    Current Employee - Community Support Specialist in Clinton, MO

I have been working at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare

Pros

Good first professional job to work with a wide variety of clients and situations to gain insight into this area of work.

Cons

Hidden responsibilities related to making work requirements per month and vacation time. Certain number of hours of face to face time with clients is required per month, however these hours do not factor in vacation time. In other words one must work above the required hours to be eligible for time off and the number of hours required are high. The high number of hours leave little time in the work day for paperwork which is extensive making an average work week greater than 40 hours. The caseworker is the main income source for the company which in turn makes unfair responsibilites on the sholders of the caseworker. Paperwork does not benefit the caseworker in any way and is a responsibility that needs correction by management.

Advice to Management

The management should consider the quarterly and annual paperwork to count as hours for the caseworker because this requires many hours of work but does nothing in terms of requirements for the job. The company makes money for this paperwork being completed and the caseworker is completing this for free, which causes added time constraints and ill feelings toward management.

Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare Photos