Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare

www.pathwaysonline.org

Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare – US – “Restraint Training”

Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare – US – “Restraint Training”

Mel Fetter

A learning experience!!!

Addiction Recovery Tech (Former Employee) Greenwell Springs, LA

ProsI enjoyed working with the teenagers

ConsThe company not organized at all.

Paid like I have only a GED, when I have a Masters and multiple credentials. Unappreciated

Therapist (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsI enjoy my coworkers and work environment. They hire PLPCs and provide supervision if needed although with an associated price for it.

ConsCompletely unappreciated and blatantly underpaid! Have made me wonder why o paid for grad school to be paid like I didn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen!!!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Negative, very cliquish

CSS (Former Employee) Lexington, MO

ProsI enjoyed the individuals on my caseload. I enjoyed the field work. CEO is easy to work with and very approachable. He goes out of his way to visit multiple locations and speak with the employees.

ConsOther employees are very cliquish. If you didn't grow up in the small town you are working in you will not be accepted. Coworkers and supervisors refused to assist with training. Training consists eLearning and of a few days at the main office during which I learned all about the trainers cat, home, and difficulties she has living with her mother. Close to 3 months into my employment the CEO asked me what did I think of the training I provided positives (I had good experiences working with the company prior to my hiring) and told him of my challenges with the trainer and lack of training from supervisor. I was fired two days later.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen the CEO requests constructive feedback listen to your employees rather than fire them. This is especially true if there are numerous new employees stating the same issues in different locations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Provided experience in a variety of roles.

ProsOpportunities for advancements and on-going education in evidence based practices.

ConsDisregards concerns of entry level positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Unsafe, unsanitary, AND STRESSFUL!

Community Support Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsGood and caring co-workers. Most of the people enter the field/job because they care for and want to help people.

ConsThe "billing" hours per day/month/year are ridiculously unachievable but the stress to get the hours is unbearable. There are no set rules but somehow they are always changing, so you never know if you're doing you job correctly or if you're going to be in trouble. There are unreasonable requirements that reach outside your specific field (i.e. you need to know and provide interventions for physical health). The houses you enter are unsafe (especially when it gets dark earlier in the evening) and extremely unsanitary. Clients do not have the respect not to smoke around you. There are very stressful times during the year when there are audits, certification board reviews, and annual reviews when the stress trickles down and lands on the shoulders of CSSs to be responsible for everything. Collaborative documentation is mandatory, but the netbooks and signature pads they provide continually run out of battery/do not work. For the most part, clients do not want assistance, they simply want transportation or someone to watch their kids while they nap. This was an extremely frustrating job that has left me depressed and irritable. I would not recommend this company to anyone. STAY AWAY!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a day in a CSS's shoes to see how things really work. Expectations for such little pay are absolutely ridiculous. I have not talked to one CSS who is happy. You want to be "employer of choice?" Well then listen to us and change your polices. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY! It's about client care! You are driving good people away from the field.

Very positive atmosphere with caring supervisors and coworkers!

Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsSupportive supervisors; flexibility in scheduling; career growth; frequent opportunities for collaborating with other professionals

ConsTop-heavy management; open-door policy means no choice in which clients are seen

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you were once a clinician, don't forget what it was like and what it was you needed to feel supported.

A learning experience

License Professional Counselor (Current Employee) Lebanon, MO

Prosnear by office, self-directed, organizational skills, warmth environment

Conslow paying, too much driving, constantly visiting clients with filthy homes infested with fleas, bed bugs, and other detestable insects.

Advice to Senior Managementincrease salary

Stressful

CSS (Former Employee) Clinton, MO

ProsCo-workers and clients were great.

ConsOverloaded and underpaid.
    impossible to accomplish work expected in only 40 hrs a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people to manage the work load. It's a non profit so don't focus on the profits so much.

Mental Health Worker

Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) Clinton, MO

ProsGood first professional job to work with a wide variety of clients and situations to gain insight into this area of work.

ConsHidden responsibilities related to making work requirements per month and vacation time. Certain number of hours of face to face time with clients is required per month, however these hours do not factor in vacation time. In other words one must work above the required hours to be eligible for time off and the number of hours required are high. The high number of hours leave little time in the work day for paperwork which is extensive making an average work week greater than 40 hours. The caseworker is the main income source for the company which in turn makes unfair responsibilites on the sholders of the caseworker. Paperwork does not benefit the caseworker in any way and is a responsibility that needs correction by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management should consider the quarterly and annual paperwork to count as hours for the caseworker because this requires many hours of work but does nothing in terms of requirements for the job. The company makes money for this paperwork being completed and the caseworker is completing this for free, which causes added time constraints and ill feelings toward management.

Worked for Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!