Patina Restaurant Group

Nick Valenti

1. Restaurant Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday I learned something new even after being in the business for many years. They gave me the resources I needed for growing as a manager.

Cons

It's a huge company with a ton of employees which made it very difficult to stand out.

Advice to Management

Be yourself and maintain a professional team atmosphere.

Worked in their Italian restaurant in WDW, Orlando, for one year. Good experience overall.

Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group

Pros

- Great environment and co-workers
    - Decent work-life balance, when not understaffed
    - Good money (from tips)
    -Good personal growth

Cons

- Managers where cool and (for the main part) very qualified and professional, but sometimes too strict about the wrong things
    -Often understaffed, so there goes the decent work-life balance
    -Lots of repetitive heavy lifting which caused quite a few accidents, but nothing you wouldn't expect in a restaurant

Advice to Management

Could accept more suggestions from staff, or at least accept that certain rules will be questioned. Manage day off and shift rotations better.

3. Great brands. Antiquated management.

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) 50+ multi-concept, white tablecloth units, all connected to landmark/cultural locations.
    2) Nice range of restaurants, from Michelin-starred to casual -- all quality-driven.
    3) Perfect company for people who get bored easily: various concepts (French, Italian, Mexican, American, Cafe, etc.)

Cons

1) Old-fashioned management style: very formal and stiff. CEO rules and no else really matters. Management by criticism, not by mentoring and motivation.
    2) Compensation is rather low and raises are not the norm.
    3) Employees are expendable, firings relatively frequent without much explanation.
    4) Virtually no internal communication, and no company culture. PRG operates in secrecy and only divulges info/changes when truly unavoidable.
    5) Some departments, like sales and marketing, are revolving doors because Senior Management does not quite grasp 21st C. ways of doing business, is therefore never satisfied and ultimately fires the department heads in question.
    6) Very stingy vacation policy and so-so benefits.

Advice to Management

Create a warmer, friendlier, more modern company culture, which in turn will keep current talent/attract top outside talent. Trust your employees more, treat them with more respect and nurturing; it will likely bring great returns.

5. Good Job

Former Employee - Cashier in Springdale, AR
    Former Employee - Cashier in Springdale, AR

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and good managers. very clean

Cons

No hours and very hot

Great company but very Disappointed with our managers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Patina Restaurant Group full-time

Pros

I honestly go to work everyday for my customers. I know how it may sound but that is the honest truth. I love my customers and keep in mind I work in the financial district downtown on bunker hill. They come in sometimes 2-4 times a day. Myself and my co-workers know them by name and even though they are not there that long we have established great relationships with each of them. Besides that I have a set schedule, off on weekends, and latest we work is until 4:30

Cons

Management doesn't seem to know anything, they don't communicate with one another, they don't fully train anyone for any position and just throw you in the position and your basically on your own. I'm an hourly associate and I myself had to train our new manager. They are unprofessional in the sense that they talk about employees in front of everyone including customers.

Advice to Management

I'm all about the company have tried numerous times to help and voice my opinion on how to better ourselves and to bring in more customers as well as boost our catering clientele. Regardless of whatever our position is management doesn't take the time to listen to what I or other employees can do or offer to make our company better and boost sales. If I'm an hourly associate and have been told to train the new manager obviously I know what I'm doing so why not take the time to hear anyone of us out? There unaware of our education background and any connections we may have which really could be a great asset to the business. There's just so much that needs to change with management, it's a great company but just very disappointing with management at my store.

Don't bother

I have been working at Patina Restaurant Group

Pros

They pay $20 bucks a hour, higher than other companies.

Cons

Yes, you get paid $20 bucks an hour but you may never see your paycheck. They have a ton of management issues and can't seem to figure out handling it appropriately.

Advice to Management

Clean house and hire new management across the board. No one seems to take responsibility for anything and if there is no one steering the ship... It's going to sink.

8. Engaging, Exciting, and a great company to work for

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group

Pros

The environment to which the restaurant locations are, is serene. Diverse, Cultural, and Fun meeting new people in the work area. Both the Hollywood Bowl and Walt Disney Concert Hall.

Cons

Sometimes the shifts can be hectic, and jam packed with people. Keeping it high paced and energetic. This is exciting! The volume enhances, and so does the work level.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job!

9. rewarding

Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very knowledgeable at the top. They are eager to share. Good support structure for managers.

Cons

Patina offer few positions beyond General Manager.

10. Good Restaurant, Mean Executive Chef

Former Employee - Line Cook in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best thing about working here or anywhere in Downtown Disney is getting a cast member card to get into the park as much as you'd like for FREE!!!! only downside is that you cant get others in unless you are a manager or work INSIDE the park but other than that it still is amazing to get that kind of deal.

Cons

HEAVY traffic flow, specially during the holiday seasons

Advice to Management

the higher executives and general manager could be a bit nicer to the staff and not yell at them or throw thing at them

Banquet Server

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Patina Restaurant Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pays $20 an hour which is higher than a lot of catering jobs

Cons

You are treated like absolute crap. The management is rude, degrading and takes their job way too serious.

Advice to Management

Quit taking yourself and your jobs way to serious. Your job is not as important and crucial as you think it is. We are talking about serving people appetizers here, not performing brain surgery!