Patina Restaurant Group

Patina Restaurant Group Reviews

Updated November 14, 2014
Updated November 14, 2014

Nick Valenti

Engaging, Exciting, and a great company to work for

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group

Pros

The environment to which the restaurant locations are, is serene. Diverse, Cultural, and Fun meeting new people in the work area. Both the Hollywood Bowl and Walt Disney Concert Hall.

Cons

Sometimes the shifts can be hectic, and jam packed with people. Keeping it high paced and energetic. This is exciting! The volume enhances, and so does the work level.

Doing a great job!

Great company but very Disappointed with our managers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Patina Restaurant Group full-time

Pros

I honestly go to work everyday for my customers. I know how it may sound but that is the honest truth. I love my customers and keep in mind I work in the financial district downtown on bunker hill. They come in sometimes 2-4 times a day. Myself and my co-workers know them by name and even though they are not there that long we have established great relationships with each of them. Besides that I have a set schedule, off on weekends, and latest we work is until 4:30

Cons

Management doesn't seem to know anything, they don't communicate with one another, they don't fully train anyone for any position and just throw you in the position and your basically on your own. I'm an hourly associate and I myself had to train our new manager. They are unprofessional in the sense that they talk about employees in front of everyone including customers.

I'm all about the company have tried numerous times to help and voice my opinion on how to better ourselves and to bring in more customers as well as boost our catering clientele. Regardless of whatever our position is management doesn't take the time to listen to what I or other employees can do or offer to make our company better and boost sales. If I'm an hourly associate and have been told to train the new manager obviously I know what I'm doing so why not take the time to hear anyone of us out? There unaware of our education background and any connections we may have which really could be a great asset to the business. There's just so much that needs to change with management, it's a great company but just very disappointing with management at my store.

Don't bother

I have been working at Patina Restaurant Group

Pros

They pay $20 bucks a hour, higher than other companies.

Cons

Yes, you get paid $20 bucks an hour but you may never see your paycheck. They have a ton of management issues and can't seem to figure out handling it appropriately.

Clean house and hire new management across the board. No one seems to take responsibility for anything and if there is no one steering the ship... It's going to sink.

rewarding

Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very knowledgeable at the top. They are eager to share. Good support structure for managers.

Cons

Patina offer few positions beyond General Manager.

Good Restaurant, Mean Executive Chef

Former Employee - Line Cook in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best thing about working here or anywhere in Downtown Disney is getting a cast member card to get into the park as much as you'd like for FREE!!!! only downside is that you cant get others in unless you are a manager or work INSIDE the park but other than that it still is amazing to get that kind of deal.

Cons

HEAVY traffic flow, specially during the holiday seasons

the higher executives and general manager could be a bit nicer to the staff and not yell at them or throw thing at them

Banquet Server

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Patina Restaurant Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pays $20 an hour which is higher than a lot of catering jobs

Cons

You are treated like absolute crap. The management is rude, degrading and takes their job way too serious.

Quit taking yourself and your jobs way to serious. Your job is not as important and crucial as you think it is. We are talking about serving people appetizers here, not performing brain surgery!

Decent experience but you deserve better.

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

talented chefs, interesting people, decent experience.

Cons

Tendency to promote unqualified and unprofessional management, lack of training company wide, no employee appreciation, disorganized HR, payroll & reimbursement programs, plenty of nepotism and favoritism. Unappreciative founder/owner. Does not promote within company consistently. HR issues consistent with the industry.

Treat your management & all staff as you would like your guests to be treated. They are the first face to the guest after all. Hospital 101. Implement substantial training programs.Give back to the community you claim to support-discounting your services is not action-it is just a tax deduction on inflated costs. Get out and do something

Work was fantastic.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Working with people who love food and love to present food in tasty ways from menu design to choosing the best chefs.
    - Location is just perfect. Library and other wonderful eating establishments close by.
    - Being downtown in an artistic district was fantastic.
    - Farmers Market fresh produce. Just wonderful.

Cons

- People. Snake in the grass type folks in the marketing department who want one thing, one type of person one day then change their minds not considering the whole picture.

Choose people who have a better understanding and vested interest in creating the best service possible. Choose people who care about the company. Choose folks who are good at what they do and have heart!!!!

Don't bother. Not worth your time

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some good chefs. Can't think of any other positives.

Cons

Favoritism
    Unqualified senior management that lacks values
    No work/life balance
    They don't promote from within
    No appreciation and respect for managers
    Company is disorganized any its practices are inconsistent with its mission statement. They take advantage of key locations and that's their way of surviving. They claim to be leaders in fine dining and that doesn't reflect on guest experiences. Miserable managers and staff can't make people happy.

Cease to exist, so things can change under different ownership. Society will be better off.

Very demanding, not worth it

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not much to list here

Cons

No work life balance. Frusterating.

Need to take a chill pill