Patpatia & Associates

Updated November 5, 2014
Updated November 5, 2014
2.3

Sunny Patpatia

Small office with high rate of turn over and many interns

I have been working at Patpatia & Associates

Pros

We get office lunch on Fridays and the kitchen is always stocked with snacks. You get your own computer to work with and coworkers are always willing to help.

Cons

The work given to you is very basic and you do not learn much. Constantly writing emails and calling.

Team interns up with full time workers so they can learn more and not just do mundane work.

The worst company to work for

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Patpatia & Associates (more than an year)

Pros

None at all, don't waste your time there are normal companies out there

Cons

Stress and disrespect, pray on college grads who don't know how a work place should function and then use and abuse them

They are miserable

Great introduction to the financial world

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Patpatia & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

small, constructive environment, dedicated leadership and mentoring, flexibility on projects, encouraging growth within the company

Cons

long hours, sometimes weekend hours

more check-ins with employees are encouraged

Patpatia does not even deserve one star. PLEASE DO NOT WORK THERE.

I worked at Patpatia & Associates (more than an year)

Pros

-Development of patience for unruly people
    -Access to customers

Cons

The owner is by far the worst person I have ever MET. I worked for Sunny a few years ago straight out of college. He and Bill only hire people in this period of their life because everyone else knows better. Work shouldn't consist of constant verbal abuse so the boss feels superior. I am so glad I left.

- You will get yelled at and ridiculed every day. Without fail they will find something.
    - You are not allowed to communicate with you coworkers unless the boss is present. He is afraid you will talk about him behind his back.
    - You will be asked to lie to customers
    - You will be micromanaged

Retire and stop abusing the future generation

It was quite literally the worst professional experience I have had over the course of my career.

I have been working at Patpatia & Associates

Pros

Absolutely nothing other than having pleasant interactions with co-workers, who were mostly undergraduate students at UC Berkeley.

Cons

The CEO, Sunny, is a terrible manager. I learned very little during my time there - only that I should stay far away from this company and leave as soon as the opportunity arose. As a new employee, there is no structure to your training and the work you are given. I produced good work but was consistently scolded (yes, I said scolded) but the CEO regarding my "attitude". The first time it happened, I was caught off guard because I had never interacted with Sunny and had no trace of an 'attitude'. I can't really convey how shocking it was to be treated like this, but I was fresh out of undergrad and was unsure if this was how the working world was supposed to operate. There are lots of negative reviews out there that point to Sunny's behavior and treatment of his employees. Believe, me they are all true. If you are reading this review and are considering employment with this firm, please do yourself a favor and choose unemployment over taking a role at Patpatia.

Overall just a poor experience- people there didn't seem happy

I have been working at Patpatia & Associates

Pros

Small firm allows people just starting out to handle a lot of responsibility. Office is modern/nice, and the pay is decent

Cons

Mundane menial work, depressing atmosphere, poor leadership/management. A lot of the times there would be no conversations going on in the office throughout the entire day. Hours are sometimes extremely long, and communication between management and analysts is poor.

Treat your employees with more respect

Great Introduction to the workforce.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Patpatia & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The job involves a lot of responsibility from the very first day, which at first can be overwhelming but once you adjust is both exhilarating and rewarding. The experience is very hands-on and you personally get to manage your own projects and communicate with clients. However management is good about providing guidance and support when necessary. The clients you work with are high profile, so the projects are both interesting and really pertain to the real world. Finally, there are travel opportunities (e.g. New York).

Cons

The day starts fairly early (8am) in order to fit better with the schedules of clients on the East Coast. Sometimes when a project is nearing delivery you may have to put in substantial overtime.

Ridiculous expectation for little pay

Former Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Patpatia & Associates as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Living near the city.

Cons

This was the most miserable place that I have worked in my career. You are treated with little to no respect by management and micro managed by a 23 year old. You are expected to work ridiculous hours because they lack planning skills and don't trust their employees. There were numerous times that I worked until 8-9pm and only was given a one hour lunch and the associate talked to me extremely rudely when I left. There is no reason your boss should be speaking to you in a sarcastic tone because he isn't capable of doing his job effectively. News flash: It is illegal not to give your employees extra breaks during a 12-13 hour work day. I got out as fast as I could. This company is draining, a waste of your time and I wouldn't recommend anyone working here.

Retire.

One week was enough.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Patpatia & Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great location in Berkeley. Nice office. Work with prominent companies.

Cons

Owner is a poor leader. Owner is a poor teacher. Unfortunately, the culture promotes long working hours with no reward structure and creates an intense fear of management. I respected myself too much to work here for longer than one week.

Set strategy and focus on client acquisition, but let professional management work with the employees.

High Expectations, Lots of experience, Great people

I worked at Patpatia & Associates

Pros

Exciting, fast-paced work
    Management will notice and recognize small achievements
    Great exposure for professionals with 1-3 years of experience
    Management's knowledge and network is impressive in the industry
    Blunt and straightforward accolades/constructive criticism

Cons

Technical resources are only purchased when absolutely necessary for a project (promotes resourcefulness)
    Some micromanagement due to limited experience of some new hires

Be a little more selective and willing to pay a little more to keep/get the best people around!