Patriarch Partners

Updated December 28, 2014
2.1

Lynn Tilton

Working for a Patriarch company
    Would love the opportunity to meet CEO to see how bad she is really portrayed.

I have been working at Patriarch Partners

Pros

Work hard....they pay hard....u play hard!

Cons

Lots of turn over
    No direction from top down. It's bottoms up!!

Management at All Parriarch companies need to form an alliance to support each other's companies. Lots of great minds being wasted. Ex. Senior VP of sales should oversee all Sales through out Patriarch companies so they can leverage the brain power. Companies would be more successful

3 years and counting

I have been working at Patriarch Partners

Pros

Competitive compensation, great people, interesting work (depending on team/department)

Ultimately, your experience at Patriarch will be whatever you make of it - it sounds cliche, but it's true. Most of the people who don't last came into the environment without doing their due diligence. It's tough, demanding and at times your "feeling" will be hurt. But if you're good at what you do and have thick skin, you can be extremely successful.

Cons

Bonuses are not paid on time
    We don't get Boxing Day off

Pay bonuses on time

Do NOT work here! Be warned!

Current Employee - Credit in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Credit in New York, NY

I have been working at Patriarch Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None I can think of.

Cons

It was my worst decision ever to join this company. I guess I wanted "Private Equity" on my Resume. This is not the PE firm that you want to put on your Resume. There are lots of negative words in the industry about this firm. It's just not worth it.

Here are the list of cons.
    1. High turnover and firing people for no reason. Much worse than investment banks. I have been here for less than a year and I have seen/heard about so many firings especially before bonus. People here have extremely low moral and work in fear every day. I don't see how this company can survive much longer with this kind of staff mentality.
    2. The pay is not really that competitive even if you get your bonus. Also the bonus is extremely unreliable. I've heard that in the past, the bonus has been paid out in August. It's like you work for 8 months without your bonus and there is a good chance you will be let go before bonus. Considering this probability, the pay here is very low relatively.
    3. The work environment is very stressful. The CEO thinks she is the Queen. If you google her, you'll see. There is lots of verbal abuse. Nobodies dares to leave office before she leaves. That means lots of late nights and sometimes you have to come in on weekends.
    4. There is not a lot worth learning here unless you want to learn how to be an b**ch. You only work on some little things you are told to do. There is no career advance or mentoring.

On the retrospect, I should never have joined this company even if they doubled my salary. The stress and the odds of getting the bonus is not worth it. Anyone thinking of joining this firm, be warned and stay clear of this sh*t hole! If you really want to join, make sure you negotiate a high base salary, not the bonus! The odds of getting the bonus is not on your side.

Useless, she listens to no one.

RUN this is the WORST

I have been working at Patriarch Partners

Pros

There are no Pros I can write about

Cons

The biggest con is the CEO and owner - she is CRAZY and MEAN! She thinks she knows everything (she does not), she thinks she is never wrong (she usually is), she contradicts herself all the time (and you get screamed at either way). You can hear her yelling down the hall. Everything on the internet about her is true!

The people who work for her are brain-washed or have no brain. Plus they are all scared of her. It is like the Twilight Zone because does no one else see she is so mean? To plagiarize someone else who wrote this in a review because they are SO right: "Terrible place to work. They lie to you about bonuses. No raises. You have no responsibility. No job growth. They fire people for no reason and without notice. No job security. Tons of turnover. Wouldn't recommend this place." Seriously, do not work here. No paycheck is worth your own respect. Don't let yourself work here. I can't wait to get out.

To the CEO: you are a terrible, mean person. To other managers: Get some respect for yourself. It's ridiculous she talks about herself being a turnaround queen because all she does is run companies and people into the ground.

Once a great company, slowly crumbling down.

I worked at Patriarch Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free makeup, casual environment, flexible

Cons

High turnover, low morale, negative environment

TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK

I worked at Patriarch Partners full-time

Pros

If you negotiate, you can get an above average salary in the industry. Co-workers are good people.

Cons

There is only 1 manager, everyone else is a yes man. Give people responsibility and don't fire without notice and give people chances.

Avoid this like the plague

I have been working at Patriarch Partners

Pros

salary & some decent coworkers

Cons

If you are in HR and looking fo a job please avoid them. Do not work there.

Act like a lady, you are not a man. Listen to your employees...Lynn can be like Emelda Marcos, Howard Hughes & Leona Helmsley all in one.

Private Equity Firm to Avoid

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Patriarch Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay average to slightly above average salaries. Interesting place to work if you enjoy dysfunction and chaos.

Cons

In my experience - Senior level management at the operating companies and at the main office in NY last 12 to 24 months. Zero work life balance and is a great place to work if you are hoping to get divorced. Culture is centered on fear and intimidation. Worst place I have ever worked.

There is only one person in "management" and she isn't going to listen. So, I will refrain from offering advice.

Unique employer, distressed businesses and venture capital

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Patriarch Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast moving environment with broad range of exposures

Cons

Situational ethics abusive management high turnove

Company sugar coating business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Patriarch Partners

Pros

co-workers are great, benefits were ok , pay ok, great place to work

Cons

management all for them self, not enough 'job well dones", no raises, no further growth, no in house training to better yourself, management lies to employee, management keep taking benefits like vacation away,

listen to the employees that actually do the job. their way just might be better. quit micro manage, work with your employees...they are loyal and you just want to write them up. Just listen to employees and not just look at reports.