Patrice & Associates

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
4.0

Patrice Rice

Constantly growing ....in the right direction

I have been working at Patrice & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is an opportunity to have your own business with all the needed parts already in place. You have the support from corporate and other franchisees to help you through the first couple of months and beyond. If you work at it and get the ball rolling with your candidates and make connections with your clients, then the rest will flow along. As a former realtor, I knew that once I got my license, I needed to start getting clients ASAP to support myself. This is the same concept in that you need to get out there and make it happen. The difference between being a realtor and being a P&A recruiter/franchisee is that you have your clients and you have your candidates....you just need to match them up. I am not saying that it's an easy task, what I am saying is that it's put in place, all you need to do is follow the format and it will come together. I have done my research and knew what I was getting into. I have also read some of the former posts....what I DO know concerning some of the posts is that these folks decided to "reinvent" the wheel. They thought they could do it better OR they never made the effort. It takes a lot to own your own franchise/business. If you have been a 9 to 5'r or a W2 kind of follower...then this isn't for you. I guess you can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Cons

There are no "real" cons other than those of you who didn't do your research/due diligence and post comments, well I am sorry for you but nothing comes easy. Next time, find a 9 to 5. That would better suit you.

Be more choosy when considering a new person into the business. Some people will say anything, profess loyalty and smile in your face whilst planning ulterior motives.

Oct 20, 2014CEO

Thank you very much for your insight. You are on target in that business ownership is not for everyone. It takes a special person who is self-motivated enough be successful in business.

Very Happy with my decision to become a Franchisee

Current Employee - Franchisee and Recruiter in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Franchisee and Recruiter in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Patrice & Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a very impressive organization from top down. Patrice created the brand over 25 years ago, and we now benefit from it's strength. With the launch of franchising, Patrice has put together a top notch management team that knows recruiting, hospitality and franchising like no other. The process is proven, the training is well thought out and superbly executed, and the entire team is supportive. The onboarding process is comprehensive. All the tools are there for franchisees and recruiters to be successful, as long as you bring the necessary commitment, discipline and attitude. After startup, this job will provide the quality of life opportunity that was so important to me when considering potential job and business opportunities. I live in paradise, and I work from home with my dog at my feet. Can it get any better than that?

Cons

Like anything else worth having, it does take a significant effort to get the ball rolling. If you think this will be a 9 to 5 endeavor, think again. However, with the right discipline, commitment and attitude, you will succeed! The "system" (Save Yourself Significant Time Effort and Money) is proven!

Kudo's for the post-training continuing education and mentoring that you have put into place! More of this, and share the success stories frequently because these are extremely motivating!

Oct 20, 2014CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I mostly appreciate your comments on our training program. We have dramatically changed our training and on-boarding process and added another level of support ... More

Current Franchisee - less than a year-Minnesota

Current Employee - Franchise Restaurant Recruiter in Lakeville, MN
    Current Employee - Franchise Restaurant Recruiter in Lakeville, MN

I have been working at Patrice & Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training is excellent. There is continuous support even after you completed the original training. The system that has been developed works!
    You have the opportunity to work from home.
    I was able to take time away from the business to attend to personal issues.

Cons

Like any business you have to be disciplined and be willing to invest the time needed to learn and develop the franchise. If you want a 9 to 5 job than being an entrepreneur is not for you.

Continue developing and adding different facets to the training program.

Oct 20, 2014CEO

Thank you! We work hard to specialize our post-training to meet the needs of our individual franchisees. You cannot have a cookie-cutter approach as everyone learns in different ways and at ... More

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going"-Beverly Sills

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dunkirk, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dunkirk, MD

I have been working at Patrice & Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

P & A is very transparent, everything is laid for you up front. When I first with the company over 3 years ago, I had to humble myself and 100% commit to the program. That was the best decision I made for me and my family.

Cons

None, just like anything else out there, you have to apply yourself and be all in, so many people after deciding to become a Recruiter or a Franchisee do not follow the system and try to do it their way. The training is very organized and hands on.

We all need to continue to support the brand and grow our business. The compensation is great, and quality of life is assume!

Oct 20, 2014CEO

You are 100% on target - there are no short cuts. Business ownership takes hard work and dedication especially during the start-up. The rewards of working for yourself and having schedule flexibility ... More

Do not believe the positive reviews - I will explain why!

I worked at Patrice & Associates

Pros

The opportunity to build business with good client companies, opportunity to sharpen business skills, interviewing skills, and sales skills.

Cons

High franchisee turnover (that they have learned how to hide) high employee turnover, enviroment is touted to be supportive from the business model itself to training and general office support. This is all smoke and mirrors. I know this company very, very well and this review is not coming from a place of being sour or disgrunteled. This is the plain truth. The owner has someone keep an eye out for negative online reviews in order to rebuttle, have them removed, etc. Emails were frequently sent admonishing anyone who would post a negative review and people have been directed to take them down or go online to write positive ones . Franchisees and employees/contractors are admonished on a regular basis on a variety of topics - usually things that should not even be issues. I have personally witnessesed Patrice talk to people (myself included) as if they were scum. This company has been through more VPs, Contractors (very few, if any, actual employees) and Franchisees than I have ever seen. It is not uncommon for commissions to be paid VERY late with the excuse that the check was lost in the mail or other excuses. aAlmost everyone I talked to from P&A - dozens and dozens of people - have said Patrice and her team are sweet as pie until the check is written - then they see what a hell hole they have joined. Last, people post on this site and others anonymously because Patrice and her team will make your life a living hell. Seriously. I beg you, please don't rely on just my review. RESEARCH this company and leave no stone unturned!

Learn how to become moral, ethical human beings and stop ripping people off. Stop the lies. Treat people with respect. Run an HONEST business or SHUT DOWN. Also, stop the negative comments about people who chose to post anonymously - you know why they do - because you will make their lives a living hell!

Oct 13, 2014CEO

I know who this former employee is and fully expected a negative post on this site. All I can tell anyone reading this is I have employees who have been with me for 3 and 4 years and many ... More

I LOVE WORKING HERE!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dunkirk, MD
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dunkirk, MD

I have been working at Patrice & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been with Patrice & Associates for a little over 2 years and am extremely happy with my position.
    As a Corporate Recruiter, I could not ask for a better team to work with and the support is always there.
    If you follow the system that is in place...you will succeed. It's that simple!
    It is a very rewarding career if you are willing to make it successful...you get out what you put in.

Cons

For me there are no cons. I work in a great atmosphere with awesome supportive people...it's like a second family.

If you're looking for a long term career with great flexibility...this is a perfect option. After weighing your options...this should be a serious one if you are looking for a flexible, rewarding, and very successful choice.

I Finally Found My Dream Job - and I Get to Work From Home!

Current Employee - Franchisee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Franchisee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Patrice & Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get unlimited support, everyone is extremely nice and the company really cares about you and wants you to succeed. I love the CEO too! Patrice is one of the most down to earth people I have ever met and she is extremely comfortable to work with. You also have the opportunity to make a really good income.

Cons

Like any new business you start, you have to expect to put in the time. You also have to realize that you will have a few months of "learning" which can be a little frustrating at times. You must look at the big picture.

Keep doing what you are doing! You have a great program in place.

Great Career Choice!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Patrice & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

P&A gives you all the tools you need to be successful! Like any business you have to work smart to have success. Quality of life is the best, first time in my career I have had a family life. Great team to work with, everyone helps when you need it.

Cons

When first starting out, sometimes you want to do things your way and try to reverent the system. I think that happened because it is a work from home business. I changed my routine, set my goals and went to work, just like I was trained to do, and now everything is good.

Keep on doing what you are doing, always there to help out. Patrice is always available to give advice and guidance and doing whatever she needs to do to grow the brand.

Apr 17, 2014CEO

Thanks so much for your kind words! You advice is awesome for people thinking about recruiting - don't reinvent the wheel. I have been in business for 25 years and "been there done that" for sure ... More

Very Rewarding and Professional Experience. It's a shame that any anonymous person can say anything on GlassDoor.

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Dunkirk, MD
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Dunkirk, MD

I have been working at Patrice & Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This model is great for people that are willing to work and are not looking for a get rich quick scheme. If you are structured and have zero phone reluctance then you will be successful. Those that work make a great income. Those that don't want to work complain on GlassDoor,

Cons

There are no Cons. No other franchise model provides a year long training program including one on one with Patrice, mentoring with successfully franchisees and third-party Executive Coaching.,

Try to figure out a way to stop anonymous people from posting unsubstantiated information on GlassDoor. Obviously people who have either failed or a competitor are trying to tarnish our brand. Most recent post - we don't have and never had a recruiter or franchisee in Anchorage Alaska. The posting is completely bogus.

Do Your Research--there is a reason people post anonymously.....

I worked at Patrice & Associates

Pros

Great work from home opportunity where you can create your own hours and work/life balance. However, don't misunderstand that it is part-time--you can create your own hours, but still must work 40+ hours per week for the system to work.

Cons

Franchisor more interested in selling franchises than growing the business in a way that benefits the entire organization. Unethical practices abound in many areas of company.

People are posting anonymously because they fear the wrath of the franchisor. Some of the people who are posting positive reviews are existing franchisees or employees who fear her wrath if they don't do it. Do your research--there are many more failed franchisees than "successful" ones--and ask what is considered "successful""--i.e. how much money can really be made.--not what franchisor tells you.

Do not just call the people franchisor gives you the names of--check the internet for names of other franchisees--existing and closed. You will get a truer picture. Don't be surprised if they do not want to speak with you. They have been told not to talk to anyone unless they have been chosen by franchisor and given permission to speak to prospective franchisees.

Work on improving your system before bringing on new people. Be honest with how much money can really be made, or improve the quality of the jobs retained so that making a placement is easier and more profitable. Don't just go after the low hanging fruit.

Apr 10, 2014CEO

I appreciate your comments and our Discovery Process encourages everyone to do research. In the Franchise Agreement all franchisees, past and present, are listed. Everyone is provided with as much ... More

Patrice & Associates Photos