Patterson Companies

Patterson Companies President, CEO, and Director Scott P. Anderson

Scott P. Anderson

Great Company - Caring Management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Effingham, IL

ProsManagers seem to actually care about the employees and do anything to help out.
    Training is VERY extensive
    Overall attitude is great with other employees
    Coworkers are very friendly and willing to help out

Cons1' of snow/ice over 65 cars in the ditch in a 20 mile span of I-70 around Effingham, still required to come into work. That's really the only complaint I have so far

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Professional company

ProsClean work place, takes compliance seriously. Working to be better everyday.

ConsLower on the payscale for employees, not exactly where people go to make the big bucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great company to work for..

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat comapny strucutre and support

ConsThe amount of travel and the amount of the quaterly sales goals were overstated

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and continue to support company growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great leadership.

IT Support (Former Employee) Mendota Heights, MN

ProsFairly relaxed office atmosphere. Nice cafeteria for lunches.

ConsA little to corporate with the mandatory slacks and button down shirts.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people wear what they want, people are going to want to work harder when they're comfortable.

Patterson

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosfreedom to run your territory how you want.

Conssmall commissions when starting off.

Advice to Senior Managementno advice.

Wonderful, professional and respectful business culture, little to no advancement opportunities

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

ProsPatterson has a fresh, professional and respectful business culture, is very process oriented and extremely democractic. Work is challenging yet I rarely work over 40 hours a week as the company honors the needed balance between work and personal life.

ConsAdvancement is flat, recently our team had two promotions to management without the jobs ever being available for applying within. Employee retention, at least on the analyst team, is quite poor. We've had up to 8 members leave within the past year and a half, mostly due to boredom with the type of work, salary or benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to take a serious look at the extreme lack of advancement opportunities in the IT organization as well as focus on employee retention.

So so experience, poor communication at senior management level

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGood Salary & Comission Package. Management at the district level was fair and worked well as a team. Nice people overall.

ConsPoor communication between Senior and Mid Level Management. Led to finger pointing and poor experience of how a workplace should function.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe quicker to make decisions and not pawn off responsibilities to others to wash your hands clean of the situation.

Relaxed environment. Some positions filled with very strong people, many other positions filled with very weak people.

Software Development (Current Employee)

ProsPressure from management is minimal
    Flexible hours for salary employees
    PTO is pretty decent
    Laid back culture

ConsLack of drive from most employees
    Lackluster pay
    Untrained middle management with mediocre to downright bad leadership and people skills
    Company culture and values are not as advertised

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the ins and outs of management. Challenge people more. If someone makes a mistake let them know. Stop promoting people to their level of incompetence...A great technical person may not make the best manager.

Upper management if out for themselve and forget about the worker bees that really work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice work balance, cafe and work out room at corp headquarters.

ConsLack advancement opportunities. Upper management shuts the door on suggestions for improvments, missing the mark and keeping employee retention.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the employees that you already have invested time and money on.

A lot of potential and wasted effort

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsA lot of promise with desired ITIL process adoption and good intentions intent to build out new IT operations services across business lines.

ConsA lot of decision making authority granted to stale IT managers or those with limited IT experience. Be ready to stand your ground, demand compensation upon start and be prepared for weak performance/merit increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease void cronyism and turn IT around to something in can be.

Worked for Patterson Companies? Contribute to the Community!