Patterson Logistics

Updated March 4, 2014
Updated March 4, 2014

3.1

CEO

Overall, it was a positive experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Pros

Managers were all good people who truly cared for their coworkers and did a good job running the warehouse. Easy job, days go quick when it is busy.

Cons

Very poor pay. The low wages led to a lot of disgruntled workers. Employees who have been there a long time typically have a very poor attitude due to lack of advancement opportunity

Take better care of the warehouse workers. The company is posting great profits yet some of the hardest working people are working for next to nothing. These people make you look good by busting their tails to get orders out on time during bid season and do a very commendable job. I understand the qualifications of your typical warehouse worker will not be deserving of a huge salary but there is certainly room for improvement in the pay scale

Too Political

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor  in  Dinuba, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Dinuba, CA

Pros

You get paid time off every month . And oppurtunty to get 3 raises within a year

Cons

Managers do no work all they do is point fingers. Pretty much promote anyone who has a relationship with the manager

Work

Great experience but bad management

Current Employee - Order Filler  in  Bessemer, AL
    Current Employee - Order Filler in Bessemer, AL

Pros

Benefits are great, hour long lunch, and can move to different areas in the warehouse.

Cons

The time it takes to move up and get raises is entirely to long, not enough advancement opportunities, pay isn't great, management lacks any management skill, The managers are unfair, pick and choose who they like and how far you go depends on how they like you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Patterson is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dinuba, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dinuba, CA

Pros

Weekends off! The management team make an effort to work with individual schedule needs.

Cons

The compensation package is below average industry levels.

You do great in motivating your employees which is why people do not generally leave, but your compensation package needs to be improved.

It looked like it was a good company...

Former Employee - Inventory Control
    Former Employee - Inventory Control

Pros

Paid time off from day one and they do work with your schedule.

Cons

I was fired after working there for one week and I still don't understand why. I had a meeting with my supervisor at 11:30 and he told me everything was going great and that I was performing at warehouse 3 numbers and he asked if I was planning on staying with the company long-term to which I said yes. After the meeting I went back to work and was called into the office for another meeting in which he said " I'm sorrybut I spoke with other mgt and we don't know if we want you back on Monday?! It then took me three additionadays to actually get a reason which was we just didn't feel that you fit in. During the interview process they tell you that they don't fire people for no reason but that sure looks like as lie at this point. There is also a lack of training it seems. I was also told that they took many steps to retain employees but it seems like this was a lie as well.

Make sure that mgt is there to see new employees work and to train them and if a new employee isn't being a social butterfly its probably because they are doing the job you hired them to do instead of wasting company time. It also would be great if they waited the full probationary period before making a decision about this and how about asking the employee about what's going on instead of just making assumptions.

Working at Patterson Logistics

Pros

job stability
    company growth
    non-management employee promotion program

Cons

eradic hours at time
    little concern with staffing quality

realize the importance of staffing
    create an environment of continuous improvement

Worked for Patterson Logistics? Contribute to the Community!