Paul Davis Restoration

Add Photos

Tim Robinson

Challenging but gratifying

Estimator/Project Manager (Current Employee) Idaho Falls, ID

ProsChallenging but rewarding job environment. Opportunity to help in others when they are in need.

ConsDoesn't lend well to time off. Peoples disasters don't wait for you to deal with your dad's funeral or a family vacation. It is possible to get away, but it takes a LOT of coordination and effort to get away. Job can be very stressful. It takes a certain kind of person to thrive in that environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould use better IT support. They are trying, but are not there yet.

Director

Director (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsNone at this time. I am not sure I would recommend anyone to work for this company

ConsNo considerate. Lack of training. Lack of support. Lack of communication

Advice to Senior Managementvery misleading

The experience changes due to the needs of management, personal or profit based.

Tadesman (Current Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsInsurance work is always there, insurance claims will always occur, this is not new home construction.

ConsPaul Davis- is a franchise with ownership bought, not experience based. Many franchises hire/promote from within, mostly friends/family. More lack of field experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't rest assured that you cannot be replaced as a company. Learn to operate as an competent operation, that has a solid background in field experience to match the management end. Do not promote inexperienced labor to handle the use of illegal workers, On and off the clock. The home owners deserve more. Paul Davis is not the soul provider for thse services.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

wasnt satisfied with the company

Prosthere was only too black person that been there more longer but wasnt hired to white people came after and was hired this was in lancaster pa where there is still pretiges there

Consit was terrible terrible terrible there isnt anything to explain about this company no good new

Disappointing management

Office Assistant (Former Employee) Sterling, VA

ProsI can't think of one.

ConsMicromanagement, gossip abounded in small office environment, boredom in job repetition. Not challenging or innovative in any way. Owners very hands off with employees and not friendly because they don't expect you to stay. If only they realized it is the office culture that drives people away. Favoritism to certain employees who don't appear to be doing much of anything except keeping up with their social lives via iphones.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some management courses so you know how to manage people in a professional manner. Be friendly to new employees and trust that they know how to do things.

Company that does care about its employees

Construction Manager (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsThere are really no pros to working for this company

ConsThis is a franchise business so if you have the money you can invest into company, so owners do not have to have any knowledge of their business. The owners that I worked for had NO knowledge of their business that they bought or any knowledge of how to run a business. Almost everyone who worked there with these owners had a terrible experience!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure owners have knowledge of the business they are buying and some business sense.

If you like nepotism, then you will like working here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHard working field staff. To many chiefs and not enough indians.

ConsWon't go anywhere career wise unless you work in construction division

Shortcuts and poor management

Carpenter, Craftsman (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDecent pay, not a lot of supervision

ConsSupervisor usually not around, lots of mistakes in materials and ordering. Schedules delayed alot.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being cheap - we all know you're charging the customer's a lot - why not buy decent materials!?

Good flexible gig during undergrad

Restoration Technician (Former Employee) Windsor, ON (Canada)

ProsMade to feel like a valued member of a team.
    Day to day work was very varied.
    Many opportunities to learn new things.

ConsWho is in charge not always clear.
    Sometimes to concerned with trivial details at the expensive of efficiency.
    Shifts shortened when business is slow.

Worked for Paul Davis Restoration? Contribute to the Community!