Paychex

Paychex Reviews in New York, NY

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Paychex President and CEO Martin Mucci

Martin Mucci

Pros
  • I have a great work/life balance and exceed quota just about every month (in 39 reviews)

• Professional company, takes care of their employees, great benefits (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • As a supervisor, I have experienced more demands lately in terms of work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• The working relationship between HRGs and Sales Reps is volatile at best (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights
17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Core Payroll Rep

Core Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat company to work for. Terrific training, great business model, and world class products.

ConsI felt like once I was a payroll rep, I would always be a payroll rep. Since leaving Paychex I work for the largest software company in the world. Every 6 months you meet with you manager to discuss different career opportunities within the company. Paychex never did this, and it was more of a 'get in line and wait your turn to be a manager' There was no career dev for reps.

Advice to Senior Managementput some type of career development track in place where you talk to reps, employees, etc. and ask where else would they like to go within the company.

Sales Training dream

Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey take you right out of undergrad and give you rigorous sales training. Sets you up for future success.

ConsRochester winters are brutal. Better hope your training isn't between November and March.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove HQ to Arizona

Great Company

Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsTop shelf training program! Tons of support to learn the job. Worked with some of the best and brightest people.

ConsTerritories get smaller each year and quotas get larger. A complete disconnect!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting territories! Reps work very hard at building relationships with referral sources and current clients and than have to forfeit that invested time when their territory gets cut.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HR generalist

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork flexibility, hours, field work.

ConsSalary and management may not always be the right fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers need more training and development.

Greastest place to work!

Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSolid salary, great benefits, super fun culture, exceptional training program, amazing people and highly competitive commission structure!

ConsIf you are an experienced sales person the base is low to mid level.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Paychex Sales MMS

Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosif you are doing well they treat you amazing. it's a great job just after college but after 5 years + it's time to get a 'grown up' job... best part time job I've ever had :)

Consif you go against the grain it's best to look for another job. territory and pay cuts. promises of better technology to sell. corporate is too stiff. Culture isn't amazing.

Advice to Senior Managementget new mgmt.. very old and stiff and stuck in their ways of doing things.. we are a sales company and sell 'change' for a living.. perhaps mgmt could be a bit of a change agent themselves.

Great Company to get your sales foot in the door

Core Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood pay for someone out of college. great training and people. fantastic presidents club trips if you are in sales. overall a great learning experience and work atmosphere

Consbase is pretty low. need to pay seasoned employees higher base.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Its what you make of it

Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Great training
    -Good hard working people
    -Uncapped commissions
    -flexible work hours (sales)
    -Good benefits

Cons- Always reacting to market place, ADP is major player and always developes their own software and Paychex purchases software
    -Extremely territory driven
    -Base salaries low
    -Too many issues with software, always over promising and under delivering
    -Need single data base technology
    Management doesn't care at all about tenure, "what have you done for me lately"

Great Opportunity

Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf given a good territory, you have the potential to make prety good money, good benefits and 401k match ... when things are going good they are going good!

Consusually start off as TRR which is discussed in interview, almost like a glorified telemarketer, low salary, its sales so its all about numbers! if you do great one month and decent another, your relationship with management can fluctuate...also being able to move to management is tough!

Solid company to work for.

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSr Mgmt makes good decisions.
    Good product set,

ConsSales quotas seem high. Over the past 5 years only 1/3 of reps/managers hit/exceed numbers

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on systems integration.

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!