Paychex Reviews

762 reviews filtered by
3.6
Paychex President and CEO Martin Mucci
Martin Mucci

Pros
  • I have a great work/life balance and exceed quota just about every month (in 48 reviews)

• Professional company, takes care of their employees, great benefits (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • As a supervisor, I have experienced more demands lately in terms of work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

• The working relationship between HRGs and Sales Reps is volatile at best (in 32 reviews)

Sales Manager

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will receive industry leading training. The commission structure is structured to reward high performers. Senior level Directors are approachable and seem to be genuinely concerned with employee wellness. The organization is very healthy and cash rich so there is a high degree of job security. If you are looking to move up within the organization there are lots of mentors willing to help get you there.

Cons

The learning curve is a bit steep for those coming in with no previous payroll experience. The company needs to be a bit quicker in reacting to change.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in research and development and put a compensation plan in place in which salary increases are built in for reps who meet certain performance standards. This should help stem some of the poaching of talented Sales Reps.

2. A great company continuing to get better

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent leadership, benefits, training and career advancement opportunities. An emphasis placed on technology and employee engagement has provided a better work/life balance in recent years.

Cons

Some competitors may pay more in front line positions. They don't not appear to provide the same levels of training or support though.

3. Great, ethical company.

I worked at Paychex full-time

Pros

Make employees feel appreciated and at home. Great work schedule 8-5 M-F. Opportunity for promotions. Great work life balance.

Cons

Compensation seems low compared to the competition. Micro managers in some departments, not too much freedom to run your own business. Technology is dated.

5. Great company, great benefits

I have been working at Paychex part-time

Pros

I have been working at Paychex for almost three years now and have a really pleasant experience overall. Paychex prides itself on its outstanding benefits package and promoting employees from within.

Cons

The pay is below the industry average for most entry level positions. You often re overloaded with work, but you can never work any overtime to get caught up.

6. Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

None all is handled very well

Advice to Management

High Base pay

7. Outiside Sales

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, if you make your numbers then you don't have to worry about micro management, great company that is debt free, benefits are fair.

Cons

You get an abundance of training but not on the right information that will be helpful to your career. It is up to you to learn the system.

8. Great first Oustide sales postion to get your feet wet

Current Employee - Senior Outside Sales Consultant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Outside Sales Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and opportunity for growth with-in the company. Compensation plan is competitive

Cons

no incentive to maintain relationship with customers after first sign up, difficult to mange experience after first being on-boarded if the operations team is performing poorly

Advice to Management

stop the gauntlet that has to occur in order to have decisions made, be more adaptable to the changing market.

9. Fulfillment Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Paychex part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Plenty of Opportunities - upward mobility. The work environment is relaxed. The Managers are great, easy to work for. A fun place.

Cons

The Cons are the salary and now the need to work the first week after a quarter ends, which are the major holiday weeks, 1st week of April (Easter), 1st week of July (Independence Day), 1st week of January (New Years).

Advice to Management

Management is cool, no advice for them.

10. I love working here, its great to have so much help and know your can excel in your career in many different fields!

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Paychex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, Benefits, atmosphere, and great training programs, and opportunities to grow and learn different aspects of the business . I love my team and co-workers and love that I can learn anything I want to learn and gain as much knowledge as I can. Its great to know you can get any job you want and they will help you get there!

Cons

I learn to work through any problems, that might come my way. Clients can be demanding and challenging, but our goal is to fix their problems so they can get back to their business. Really don't have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

I have an amazing supervisor, and many others that have helped my through the process here at Paychexs. I love learning something new everyday!

11. Average

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros

Very flexible work schedule and competitive pay but product is lacking and very hard to compete technology wise with some of the competition.

If you are presenting a solution to payroll Betty or the company is small, Paychex is a great fit but if you are speaking with someone technology driven and want an end to end solution then you may need to look elsewhere.

Cons

No room for growth. and product is lacking and very hard to compete technology wise with some of the competition.

Advice to Management

N/A