Paychex Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
3.5

Paychex President and CEO Martin Mucci
Martin Mucci

Pros
  • I have a great work/life balance and exceed quota just about every month (in 45 reviews)

• Professional company, takes care of their employees, great benefits (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • As a supervisor, I have experienced more demands lately in terms of work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

• The working relationship between HRGs and Sales Reps is volatile at best (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to build a career with.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing at a very fast rate, debt free, great corporate leadership, excellent products, awesome training. Paychex is a great place to build a long term career if you are willing to put in the work.

Cons

There are a lot of different products and it can take time to master selling them.

continue working to develop your top people and give them opportunities to grow.

Best choice I ever made

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great management support and work environment. I love my team and really feel like my manager cares about my goals for the future.

Cons

Very busy work environment--which isn't necessarily a bad thing! There's always a lot to do, not much down time.

Continue to reach out to the field to "take their temperature". It's very much appreciated.

I wish I started working here soon than I did

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you enjoy a fast pace and like to be challenged, Paychex offers the opportunity to do so without being micromanaged. Leadership is responsive to employees and looks for innovative ideas to accomplish what may be needed or lacking. Values are held in high esteem. People do care about one another. Company encourages you better yourself and take advantage of our learning system explore the future.

Cons

Sometimes workload can be a bit intense but that is part of every job worth doing.y positive, one of the best jobs in my career history

Maintain the supportive and approachable mentality.

Great company, fantastic environment

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paychex is a fantastic place to work. I am constantly being challenged and given the autonomy to be successful. The company stands behind its values and offers a positive work environment with people who care. The benefits are fantastic and I have been given the opportunity to better myself as a professional through our learning management tool. I've also had the opportunity to work in cross-functional groups but...

Cons

If you're not based in Rochester, NY you can be more limited in your career as there is less opportunity for lateral moves and advancement in the field.

Paychex is an amazing company & great place to build a career!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paychex provides a great team-oriented culture with so much recognition for the hard work that you put in! We have a brand that we are proud to represent and awesome career opportunity! I have been with the company for 5 years and still have so much more room to grow and develop & am thankful that Paychex offers those opportunities internally. They also support a very healthy work/life balance!

Cons

There are not too many challenges of working here because the company really provides the support & development tools that you need to progress in your career.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management takes an actual interest in your goals and helps you to learn/grow so that you're able to continue to progress within the company. There's so much training available to take advantage of and make yourself a viable candidate for future opportunities. It's nice to work for a company that gives back to it's local community.

Cons

The salary can sometimes be below market average but the benefits are very reasonably priced and help to make up for that.

Amazing place to work!

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great worklife balance, amazing and constant trainings, strong leaders and management team and feel valued for my thoughts and opinions.

Cons

compensation could be a little better, but unlike other large employers, I don't ever feel threatened for my job security or about the risk of layoffs.

better compensation and more time off or roll-over time off. overall, doing a great job in making this a successful company and in building the company reputation in the marketplace!

Human Resources

Current Employee - Human Resources in Penfield, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Penfield, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a big company with a small company feel. My department has the perfect balance of professionalism and fun. We know how to work hard but also how to laugh and enjoy the day. The company provides my family and I great benefits and there is lots of support for me in furthering my career. The company is stable, solid, and growing.

Cons

Pay is decent, not the highest in the marketplace but is certainly not the lowest. Part time opportunities are few and far between.

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice buildings, opportunities are available

Cons

Some management have big heads

Be real no micromanagement

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Recruiter, Talent Acquisition in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Recruiter, Talent Acquisition in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paychex is a great place to work! It values not only it's employees, but it truly values its clients and their success. I am a firm believer in our "Client for Life" philosophy! I believe I am given the resources to be successful in my role.

Cons

There are times when the workload can be high, but people are always willing to help!