Paychex Reviews

Updated April 27, 2015
656 reviews filtered by

1. Outiside Sales

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, if you make your numbers then you don't have to worry about micro management, great company that is debt free, benefits are fair.

Cons

You get an abundance of training but not on the right information that will be helpful to your career. It is up to you to learn the system.

2. Great first Oustide sales postion to get your feet wet

Current Employee - Senior Outside Sales Consultant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Outside Sales Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and opportunity for growth with-in the company. Compensation plan is competitive

Cons

no incentive to maintain relationship with customers after first sign up, difficult to mange experience after first being on-boarded if the operations team is performing poorly

Advice to Management

stop the gauntlet that has to occur in order to have decisions made, be more adaptable to the changing market.

3. Fulfillment Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Paychex part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of Opportunities - upward mobility. The work environment is relaxed. The Managers are great, easy to work for. A fun place.

Cons

The Cons are the salary and now the need to work the first week after a quarter ends, which are the major holiday weeks, 1st week of April (Easter), 1st week of July (Independence Day), 1st week of January (New Years).

Advice to Management

Management is cool, no advice for them.

5. outside sales

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in East Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in East Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Paychex (More than a year)

Pros

good compnay, good benefits and environment

Cons

internal sales departments conflict with one another

Advice to Management

na

6. This was a high stress job.

Former Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Fresno, CA

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people were amazing. I had fun and really loved my co-workers and my clients.

Cons

The work load was unrealistic. The pay was not worth the stress. Other specialists would go out on FMLA for stress, which meant that the workload was distributed among the other Specialists. They in turn would get stressed and leave. It was a vicious cycle.

Advice to Management

Loosen the purse strings and allow the branches to hire more specialists!

7. Help Desk Technician

Former Employee - New York in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - New York in Rochester, NY

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company with good benefits. I liked the people I worked with. Good benefits package and good work environment and facilities.

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities. Training budget for support area was non-existent. Pay was on the lower end of the scale. Lots of meetings - oh, the meetings.

Advice to Management

Focus on doing more work and less meetings to have meetings. Provide actual career paths so that talent stays with the company.

8. HR Generalist

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist (Consultant) in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist (Consultant) in Portland, OR

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Nice working autonomy, work/life balance, generally hands off management, support for career development through seminar and learning event attendance, work from home, Laptop, cell phone, and mifi device

Cons

Low salary, untenable client assignments, unreasonable service expectations, held responsible for the performance of multiple service silos of which you have no control, very high level of administrative work for a consultative role.

Advice to Management

Make a decision as to what you want of this position; either an in-house account manager or an HR consultant. Asking this position to do both is too much.

9. I love working here, its great to have so much help and know your can excel in your career in many different fields!

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Paychex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, Benefits, atmosphere, and great training programs, and opportunities to grow and learn different aspects of the business . I love my team and co-workers and love that I can learn anything I want to learn and gain as much knowledge as I can. Its great to know you can get any job you want and they will help you get there!

Cons

I learn to work through any problems, that might come my way. Clients can be demanding and challenging, but our goal is to fix their problems so they can get back to their business. Really don't have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

I have an amazing supervisor, and many others that have helped my through the process here at Paychexs. I love learning something new everyday!

10. Average

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros

Very flexible work schedule and competitive pay but product is lacking and very hard to compete technology wise with some of the competition.

If you are presenting a solution to payroll Betty or the company is small, Paychex is a great fit but if you are speaking with someone technology driven and want an end to end solution then you may need to look elsewhere.

Cons

No room for growth. and product is lacking and very hard to compete technology wise with some of the competition.

Advice to Management

N/A

11. Sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Good opportunity to make money good people to work with. Don't like the direction of where the company is going.

Cons

No advancement. Poor management and leadership

Advice to Management

Let your reps work and do there jobs without middle management interference.