Paychex Reviews

Reset

1. Paychex Inc Company

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Buffalo, NY

Pros

Great Company to work for if you are a high producing, high activity sales rep.

Cons

There are not residuals for sales.

Advice to Management

Top to bottom management does an excellent job. Limit turnover and keep long term reps happy.

Fun atmosphere, managers promote friends.

Current Employee - Online Services Time and Labor Online Senior Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are fun to work with. We have a lot of fun and there's free soda and other drinks in the fridge.

Cons

The management doesn't really appreciate the hard work that employees put in. They will only hire and promote friends rather than qualified candidates.

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees don't feel like numbers on a page.

Paychex Response

Jul 31, 2015 – Community Manager

We're sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience at Paychex. We value all of our employees and never want anyone to feel unappreciated. I would recommend that you reach out to your ... More

3. It's been a great next step in my career!

Current Employee - Human Resources Solutions Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Human Resources Solutions Sales Consultant

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a great company culture, especially if you're a performer. They are great at acknowledging successes. I've learned a lot since working there. The training is fantastic too!

Cons

They are exhausting about numbers. You are constantly harassed about what you're working on and turning in, much like any sales org though, I guess. The pay is OK but could be structured better.

Advice to Management

Trust the reps you've hired to do the job for which you hired them. We don't need to be babysat.

5. Sales position

Pros

Good Training courses and they have good back office people.

Cons

Products are not the best and low salaries, it's also a cult.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees' like slaves. Good people are leaving for better jobs and perks. Do what you have to, to keep loyal people around.

6. Core Sales

Former Employee - Core Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Core Sales Representative

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training. They hire quality employees for the most part. Recognized company for your career path.

Cons

Some territories are much harder work than others. Nothing wrong with hard work, but be prepared: All territories are not created equal.

Advice to Management

Promote from within more! This way, employees can see a career path. Seems that only advancement is offered to salespeople after reaching conference multiple years.

7. Awesome place to work

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros

Small company feeling Great managers Good commissions

Cons

Low base salary Low car allowance No cell assistance

Advice to Management

Increase basic salaries

8. Great Company

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Great training (Much more than competitors) Opportunity for growth Opportunity to make great living Satisfaction of knowing that your product is needed and is helping people Management/Company does everything possible to help you succeed

Cons

Not many cons that I can think of. Great company overall. Maybe the base salary could be a little better. But that is made up in commissions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

9. Awful Work Environment and Morale, Management is a Joke

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Naperville, IL

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are always leaving the company so positions are always open if you want to climb the ladder. They have benefits but they aren't very good. The pay is ok for entry level but the increase in rate through years is very limited.

Cons

Employee turnover is horrendous, recognition is basically obsolete. Management is unorganized and conniving. There is very little incentive to stay within the company because they have unrealistic expectations for their reps in regards to client satisfaction. They have a tendency to try and sugar coat everything and never provide the employees with any real information as to the direction the company is going. There is no unification throughout the branches which will often make you feel like each branch in the nation is a completely different company.

Advice to Management

If you want your employees to do a good job then treat them well. If you want to be a successful company then treat your employees better.

10. Payroll, people and more

Current Employee - Human Resources Solutions Senior Payroll Specialist in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the people I work with and the opportunity to share thoughts and ideas. Clients are pretty awesome. Greatly appreciate the opportunity to advance quickly. Like the all in one ability of payroll and HR. Great benefits and perks.

Cons

Lots of changes over a short time, leaving area of concern.

Advice to Management

Communication is the key on all levels of company success.

Payroll specialist

Former Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Fair Lawn, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Fair Lawn, NJ

Pros

Strictly benefits! Good medical & dental insurance. Also, 401k plan & stock purchase plan.

Cons

Typical corporate environment. The office I worked in was so poorly managed it was ridiculous. Nothing but favoritism going on. Half the office actually worked while the other half jerked around. So, if you are a hard working individual don't even waste your time here! You will wind up doing twice the amount of work to cover for all the slackers. Very poor morale in the office as well thanks to the poor management team.

Advice to Management

Promote employees into management that actually have some skills not because of relationships. Most importantly, hold individual employees accountable for their work or lack thereof!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed