Paychex Reviews

Solid company, okay pay.

Current Employee - 401k
    Current Employee - 401k

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good including good health ins, 401k, FSA, and tax free expense allowance. Pay is not bad, about 75k first yr., top performers 120k-150k.

Cons

Tough to make number if not in metro areas. Micromanagement is fairly constant unless top performer. National chargeback rate is 10%.

Advice to Management

More training in field after initial corp. training. Have quotas adjusted for geography vs every rep having the same quota. It's not realistic to have one rep have a 5 block radius as a territory and another rep have a 250 mile radius.

2. Sales- Hr Solutions Sacramento

Former Employee - Human Resources Solutions in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Solutions in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great comp plan, if you can hit your numbers
    Great leadership
    Supportive management

Cons

Unrealistic year over year quota increases
    Horrible cross team partnership, your partners will stab you in the back for a deal

Advice to Management

Referal/partnership quotas.
    I would go back in a heartbeat if that was changed

3. Management very confusing

Former Employee - Salesman in Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Salesman in Bedford, MA

I worked at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice offices, great administrative assistant.

Cons

Middle management doesn't have a clue, in three years saw manager twice in the field for only a couple of hours, he felt Monday morning quarterback was better than working with salesman. Senior management should hold sales manager to.see t.and itineraries to make sure they are working with all employee not just their friends.

Advice to Management

Change Get Out Into The Field AND Work With Your Staff! !

A great company that cares

Current Employee - Territory Ready Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Ready Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paychex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I LOVE working at Paychex. I look forward to coming to work every day. The training is top notch, the benefits are outstanding, and I love what Paychex stands for. The CEO is also awesome and you can tell he truly wants the best for the company AND the employees. The pay is really great too.

Cons

The challenges of this job are the same as any sales job. There are many competitors and we can't always match price. But work hard and show the value and it pays off

6. Great Opprotunity

Current Employee - National Sales Support in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - National Sales Support in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are many opprotunities within the company. If your entry level position is not the right fit they will find a better fit for you

Cons

The nature of the job is hard. This is sales, its not for everyone

7. Great Company

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Paychex

Pros

Great company to sell for. Brandon Placek is a great mentor and salesman!

Cons

I can not think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8. Good stable company. I can't really say anything bad about Paychex. I liked the company.

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

A lot of flexibility with the job. Benefits were good but not great.

Cons

Bad managers.
    Lagging in innovation.
    Unethical sales people.

Advice to Management

Get rid of bad managers, don't sweep issues under the rug. Get rid of unethical sales people.

9. Competitive and supportive workplace

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Hard work is rewarded. Great place to build resume. Great training program.

Cons

Limited room for growth or advancement. Lateral moves are possible at almost any point but senior and management positions are almost nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Sales policy does not make sense in New York, there needs to be more room for common sense and less strict adherence to policy that was designed to be effective in middle America.

How Former Glory Hath Faded...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is good since work can't follow you home and office hours are set in stone. PTO system is simple and time granted is generous.

Cons

Middle management is haphazardly chosen, changes in company structure have left many teams under the supervision of off-site managers, corporate policies are followed inconsistently or changed without notice, compensation is pathetic and advancement is slow and/or non-existent.

Advice to Management

A company cannot be successfully run when only the clients' needs are considered. Your own employees deserve the same or better.

PREJUDICE - I am one of their best sales people but i am not American - its terrible the way i get treated.

Current Employee - Core Sales Representative in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Core Sales Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

no real pros... except, it pays - but not well - its better than zero dollars.

Cons

management is poor - really bad. HIGH turnover. prejudice - dishonest - unethical... its a messed up company - im surprised its still in business - most clients are unhappy - even though paychex says they rank high in customer service - BE AWARE: they pay for all endorsements!!!! the one that goes in the Ethisphere naming them as one of Americas most Ethical Companies, the Customer Service ranking, even the AICPA endorsement that they say the AICPA has picked them for the past decade as the preferred payroll provider.... its all paid for endorsements.
     I've complained to HR on multiple issues, but the HR department reaches out to the management above me and well... you can guess how uncomfortable and awful that gets... basically, they are trying to make me quit and they have done that to others in the past - so no job security.
    Leads distribution is unfair. Policy is not followed.
    As far as pay is concerned, on revenue, we used to start at 20%, following year dropped to 18%, this year dropped to 15% - ive been here for 3 years. SO - pay is NOT good. you can make much more at Paylocity or ADP.

Office morale is very low - people are always gossiping - managers talk gossip too... it seems like they've employed a bunch of uncultured, immature, low self esteemed managers - and they are looking for young peppy/cheer leader type to employ as sales reps. I've heard managers gossiping about me when i walk by... there is a manger that doesn't even say hi to me when she sees me... its so bad.

Skills - they don't have any. management sales skills are very bad - so new employees that need help are hopeless and doomed for failure - and on the processing side, deals will get destroyed and sabotaged due to lack of professionalism, lack of follow up and customer service.... so you cant really bank on everything processing even though you have sold it...

Advice to Management

Advice to board: you need new LEADERSHIP - ALL the way down! too much corruption exists - and similar personalities are being hired - WAKE UP!