Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros:
  • "Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Amazing base salary and commission structure"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Sales reps that care only about overselling and not knowing the system"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

So happy to be at Paycom!

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsPaycom has been such a wonderful place to work and I can't imgaine being anywhere else! The opportunity they give to Sales Reps to make money and get promoted are great! If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back! All of the upper management members truly care about each rep's success and spend their personal time training all new reps that start working here. The culture and environment at Paycom is great- it truly feels like your colleagues are your family members. It seems like every week Paycom is growing and doing things to enhance the business. I have been here for over 3 years currently and can't wait to see what is in store for this great company over the next 3 years!

ConsThere are really not a lot of negatives with this job. Just be prepared to work longer hours than 9 to 5, and lots of miles will be put on your car if you are in outside sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a little more vacation time :-)

Flag Review
    Paycom Representative responded to this review May 23, 2014 EditDelete
    We look forward to watching you continue to grow over the next three years as well. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about working in sales at Paycom.

The most Complacent and Gratifying place to work!

Marketing Database Administrative (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsTHE BEST work environment, GYM (open on weekends) boot camps/Zumba, tasty catered lunches for only $4(Qdoba, Interurban, Sophabellas, Swadley's), $1 health care, beautiful building, optional training offered throughout each month, growing company with so much room for personal and professional growth!

ConsHonestly, compared to all my other jobs i cannot think of a single con here at Paycom.

Great Sales Career

Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe Paycom culture is exciting and energetic. There is plenty of room to grow and the benefits are great!

ConsHard work and long hours, but it's worth it!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging but fair.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. World class training. Room for improvement. Do not apply if you need constant guidance. Takes a certain kind of independent spirit and a ton of motivation to do this job. Not for the faint of heart.

ConsThe PTO is limited the first year of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, doing a great job and still improving.

True Professional

Outside Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    DFW, TX

ProsPaycom has provided me the opportunity to truly reach my full potential and I'm very fortunate to be working for such an amazing company. Working for Paycom has definitely opened my eyes up to what a true professional is and they have shaped me to be better overall. They have a world class training program and also managers who lead by example and care about making each and every person successful.

ConsI can't say that I have any cons regarding the position or Paycom. Everyone has been extremely helpful from day one, so I definitely have no complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to instill hard work and professionalism from the top down.

Amazing opportunity if your ready to be coachable, work hard, and dedicate yourself

Irvine, CA

Pros- Amazing base salary and commission structure. Up to 42% on your sales!
     - Great personal development. They truly care about a good work life balance
     - Very structured growth plan and you always will know where you stand

Cons- You better be nimble because things change fast
    - Post sales training lacks but they've gotten better to fix it

Advice to Senior Management- Keep being picky with your top performers and where you put them in management roles

Flag Review
    Paycom Representative responded to this review May 12, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your work experience as a Paycom Sales Representative. We are glad you're seeing the added support we are putting towards continuing education for ... More

Excellent Opportunity

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Pros-Focused on developing sales reps both professionally and personally.
    -With a decent work ethic and a desire to be successful, you will make a lot of money.
    -The product is excellent and easy to sell, the customer service is awesome, and your clients will love you.
    -Many opportunities to move up in the company.

Cons-Initially, the workload is heavy and you will need to put in extra hours.
    -Rigid weekly structure, but it has been proven effective.

The Sky is the Limit!

Team Leader (Current Employee)

Pros- Amazing growth opportunity for anyone who cares.

- Getting to work beside driven people everyday.

- Management that cares.

- Work/life relationships

Cons- Current employees on here bashing an amazing company that signs your check!

- Sales reps that care only about overselling and not knowing the system.

- No onsite Wifi.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! We will take over the competition!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A top-notch company with good people and great benefits!

ProsPaycom is a great place to work! Fortunately for me, this is my first job out of college, which makes me a little spoiled. Paycom provides its employees with all the tools to be great successes! $1 health coverage, subsidized lunches, on campus gym and company events are just a few perks you get at Paycom. It's a fun environment with lots of opportunity for growth. I am loving my job and the people I work with!

ConsI don't really have anything bad to say about Paycom. Vacation in your first year is minimal, but when you love where you work it's not too bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring great people and continuing to be great leaders to your employees

Fantastic Professional Experience

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat pay, great benefits, close relationships with office regional and corporate managers, world class training. Sales isn't too difficult when you have as great of a product as Paycom, tons of opportunities to advance if you perform

ConsVery performance based company, you have to sell or they will put the pressure on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you are doing, Paycom has a great thing going

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 122 reviews posted anonymously by Paycom employees.