Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros:
  • "Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Amazing base salary and commission structure"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Sales reps that care only about overselling and not knowing the system"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Outside Sales

OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers, above average base pay, decent training

ConsBe prepared to work long hours and get micromanaged. REPORTS REPORTS REPORTS--wasted time preparing these long reports. Manager never had advice--was a good cheerleading when you were doing well, but no constructive criticism or help if you were having a down month.
    Sales reps aren't just required to sell, but see entire transition process through--company spins this as an advantage over competition because there is accountability, but it leaves less time for sales rep to hit quota & are faced with issues only a transition team would be able to answer.
    -They are experiencing major growing pains & are going downhill fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone is good in sales, doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be a good manager--Holly Faurot however truly cares about her employees & is a genuine, great leader

FIRED for background check

Denver, CO

ProsRoom for growth, nice co-workers, good commission potential, good product, training was done well, i just don't know about the senior management.

ConsGot FIRED for failing a background check one week after hire. I had a minor possession of alcohol ticket in college and a marijuana pipe conviction when I was 15 as a juvenile. In CO this is a petty offense. Give me a break HR, these are slap on the wrist crimes. People change from when they are 15. This is not the FBI. Senior management does not care about employees and would not even listen to an explanation. Sorry paycom but you missed out on a good employee. BAD senior management and corporate structure that screw you over for NO reason. Also, interview process is horrible, CANVASSING session??? horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for your employees as individuals not numbers. Look at how people do canvassing session, not just to see they hit 3 appointments or not. Look past the numbers senior management.

Not bad for 21 year olds

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsNice office, people are mostly friendly. The benefit package for single people without children is very nice.

ConsThe pay is minimal for college graduates. One can make more money at any retail store without a degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less money on snacks, and more money on employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good and Bad

Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

Pros-outstanding learning structure
    -incredible opportunity for substantial income.
    -great focus on personal and professional development.
    -growing leadership structure.
    -positive and motivating c-level executives.
    -incredible growth rate with opportunity for career advancement.

Cons-a high magnitude of redundant busy work.
    -micromanagement
    -sales cult of clones: one way to sell, and no other. Be prepared to drink the Koolaid.
    -training is tailored to mold the entry level rather than the experienced rep.
    -poor work-life balance. Average hours of 60+ per week with work being brought home and time taken away from personal and family life.
    -rewarding in the economical sense, but not a rewarding career otherwise.
    -young leadership with much to learn and unrealistic expectations.
    -numerous competitors in the industry.

Growing Pains

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits. Nice corporate facility. Lots of activities

ConsMicro managed. Lack of internal technical automatiion support, although the IT group is generally pretty strong.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet ahead of the growth by solidifying the internal support processes.

Have to like Cold Calling

Houston, TX

ProsThe company spends a ton of money on their training program. They employees are great, and usually like to have fun, as well as, work.

ConsI had an intern position and I felt like I was ill prepared for the interview. One problem is because the company is focusing on expanding so much, the managers are often ill equipt...

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend as much time with the managers as you do with the sales people starting off.

Flag Review
    Paycom Representative responded to this review Dec 5, 2013 EditDelete
    We do promote a work hard, play hard culture and calling prospects falls in the working hard category. Thank you for telling others about the amount of resources we put into our training programs. As ... More

I tried and got fired

Payroll Processor (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThis company was wonderful and I tried very hard, I was there for two months and was barely under my quota. I got very stressed out because I was pushed very hard for my quota after being out of training for a month, once I reached it the quota it was moved up by 50 the next week. The tricky thing was that quota for payroll processors are set by the team leads, not upper management so they differed from team to team which I saw as a bit unfair. I was extremely stressed out because of this and loved my job so I tried very hard and was barely under quota, I talked to my team lead about this and asked if she could work with me which she assured me it would all be alright and that she knew I was working hard. The next day I was called in at the end of the day I was fired due to being to stressed out.

ConsGetting fired for being to stressed out.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee is working really really hard and you hear one side of a story, before firing them. Ask for their side of the story.

Flag Review
    Paycom Representative responded to this review Jul 26, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback. Management evaluated and set a standard quota across the board for all payroll processors.

Good Company to work for

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

Pros-Great Pay
    -Co-workers
    -You learn a lot

Cons-It was a very stressful job. Be ready to work extremely hard to keep up.

Not what you expect

Atlanta, GA

ProsGood Pay but not the best

ConsDid not outline job details accurately

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth

Just ok

Chicago, IL

ProsGood training, lots of learning

ConsRevolving door, cold calling all day

Advice to Senior ManagementRetention

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 124 reviews posted anonymously by Paycom employees.