Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros:
  • "Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Amazing base salary and commission structure"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Sales reps that care only about overselling and not knowing the system"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Churn & Burn

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Lewisville, TX

ProsFair Commissions, Excellent benefits, definite ability to move up into management, lots of incentives like President's club trips etc.,

ConsYoung, unknowledgable management, growing pains, ridiculous amount of cold calling and burned territories, lots and lots and lots of turnover despite what they tell you in the ridiculous 5 step interview process

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit promoting people so quickly! They might be great at sales, and horrid at leadership... it only leads to their getting fired and their team getting screwed.

Paycom is a wonderful place to grow and succeed

Boston, MA

ProsPaycom makes sure to show all of their employees appreciation, whether it be through company events, trips, or even just words of encouragement. The founders of Paycom instilled a great company culture from the get go and it can still be seen 15 years later. Paycom also is great about advancement by constantly giving career opportunities and they provide great benefits for their employees.

ConsThe vacation and sick policy isn't ideal, however, you will enjoy being at work and will not want to take a day off if you don't have to!

Flag Review
    Paycom Representative responded to this review May 23, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for letting others know about your experience at Paycom.

Great Career Choice

New Client Setup Specialist (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsNot only the new hire training, but the constant training that employees go through on a daily basis. Gym, catered lunches, boot camps, awesome work environment. Constantly growing which means room for growth in your career!

ConsWhile growth is a pro, it's also a con. We are experiencing growing pains like any company that grows this quickly would. Need more people! Days are long. You're lucky if you're actually able to take a lunch and leave at 5:00.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. We have the best of the best.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great first job!

Transition Specialist Representative (Current Employee)

ProsVery competitive starting base salary as well as performance based compensation. Amazing Health coverage. Paid training. A lot of opportunity to take on responsibilities.

ConsPTO and Holidays are lacking a bit.

It's all about what you make it!

Atlanta, GA

ProsVERY strong compensation plan. Amazing opportunity to make good money. Also a great teaching environment. Management is dedicated to teaching you not only about sales, but about business as a whole. Great opportunities for leadership within team environments, as well as for advancement into management for producers.

ConsCan be a very high stress environment at times. Learn to manage your mind and your activity early and you will overcome this, but not without some trials.

Great company who really cares about their sales team!

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat compensation! Company cares about their sales team and will take care of them (financially!)

ConsDaily grind. If you are looking to make a million cold calls, knock down doors, and sometimes beg for business to hit your numbers, this is the job for you!

Great company if you can hack it

Sales Executive (Former Employee)
    Parsippany, NJ

Pros-Amazing talent, they really do recruit the most impressive sales people
    -Great pay, they are always looking for ways to increase your commission. I would get a check and have it be much higher than expected because of small bonuses they included.
    -Constant training and personal development. Every Monday we would train on a topic, every Friday there is another one for the entire company. They are constantly flying you places for corporate training and they even have 2 weeks when you first start of all day training. Trust me-They want you to know what you're doing!

ConsOverall it's still a sales job. You are required to meet a certain number of appointments, bring in a certain quota and hit specific numbers. They pay you well for a reason. The manager I had was fantastic, she worked just as long and hard as her reps, but I've heard not all offices have someone like that. I ultimately had to leave because I couldn't stand talking to people all day about payroll, they are just miserable. If you are able to handle stress well and can get over the fact that you're selling payroll, then the money is absolutely worth it!

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job, keep up the good work. Vacation during first year could be better.

A different challenge every day but with hard work and perseverance you will be rewarded

Denver, CO

Pros- Opportunity to meet and work with people from different industries and build great relationships
    - Every day is new and different
    - Great team to work with, everyone is uplifting, fun, and positive
    - Compensation plan is amazing with benefits
    -Continued training from the team and upper management
    - Must be willing to compete and put in the work to see the reward
    - Competitive atmosphere, great for former athletes or anyone with that mindset

Cons- The days can and will be longer than 8-5
    - Because every day is different, there are some days that are more challenging than others
    - Everyone takes a different amount of time to feel comfortable knowing the product, you must be okay with feeling out of your element for awhile
    - Sometimes territory is further away from the office than most and involves a lot of driving

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to:
    - Give constructive criticism and coach us to be the best we can be
    - Reward (give praise) us when we follow through with challenges set
    - Motivate all the reps differently in how we best respond to that motivation

Advice:
    - Do not provide negative incentives/unproductive criticism when we aren't doing as well as we want
    - More training up front for new reps to feel more confident going out into the field
    - More field rides with current reps prior to making your own calls

Well worth the effort

Senior Sales (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsContol own destiny and control your own finiancial future. This job takes effort but if you commit to the trainings and truly believe in yourself, the product and the company you will be years ahead of your counter parts professionally and financially.

ConsYou have to be a self motivator and be able to juggle many functions all at once. Organization is a key to success and if you struggle with this then this might not be the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and the company through employees already on staff

Wonderful!

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPaycom is a leading industry with continues growth! We have an award winning training program and I have been in awe with how much they value training and development. If you want to be with a company that gives back to you and understands how important growth all around is you want to be with Paycom!

ConsChange is the only thing that is constant and you must learn to be quick on your feet with such a growing company. Change will always take place and with that comes growing pains which is a good thing if you want to better yourself as a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and remember how valuable you are to the team!

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 122 reviews posted anonymously by Paycom employees.