Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros
  • Amazing base salary and commission structure(in 10 reviews)

• If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult(in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con(in 8 reviews)

Exciting place to be

Account Manager (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsI've only been at PAYCOM for a couple of months now, but I am highly impressed with how it compares to all the places I've worked in my 20-year career. It's exciting to be part of a company that's not just successful, but experiencing such incredible growth at an unbelievable rate. It appears the ceiling isn't even in view yet. With my oldest child not too far away from starting college, finding a job at a stable, well-positioned company was of utmost importance to me.

Co-workers are friendly and -- this is a huge plus -- slackers are not tolerated. If you don't work, you don't work here. That's refreshing coming from places where so many work so hard to do only the bare minimum.

The culture is fun, especially for a corporation of this size. I expected one far more buttoned-up and strict than it actually is.

ConsThe cons are very few, starting with vacation days. For the first year, they pale compared to most organizations. That could be improved.

Parking is an issue since the company is growing so fast. You have to get here early to get a spot still within state lines.

Still, I look at what we get out of the job -- $1 health insurance, $4 catered lunches every day, an on-site gym -- and it's too difficult to complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe genuine.

I loved this job and this company!

Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe pros of this job are endless. I love sales, and this is the best kind of sale. I would work hard for it and I would definitely reap the benefits. I was helping CFO's and CEO's on a regular basis improve their company processes PLUS save them time and money.

ConsI wished that I would've had more time off my first year of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to listen to the employees when they have feedback and input on processes, because sometimes we have great ideas about improvement!

I smile every time I look at my paycheck.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsIt's great to be a 'recognized' part of a rapidly growing company that has the infrastructure in place to be the best that I can be. My skills are improved, I have the support of the company and most importantly, I smile every time I look at my paycheck. I am part of a young, fast moving, energetic, & innovative business model. If you want to reach the stars, all you need to do is apply yourself. Great training, marketing support, all the resources an aspiring sales person needs to be successful.

ConsThe onsite gym is at our headquarters location in Oklahoma

Advice to Senior ManagementMake some room, I am climbing the corporate ladder!

Paycom Representative responded to this review

Aug 20, 2013

Thank you for telling others about your experience. You are testament that hard work pays big dividends at Paycom.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tremendous amount of growth opportunities!

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Pros-Catered Lunches
    -Gymnasium at OKC office
    -Company sports leagues
    -Various company activities/competitions throughout the year
    -Growth galore in every position
    -Pay is great for top performers

Cons-Expectations. Some will see this as a negative (I do not). You are expected to perform regardless of what your role is with the company.
    -Not a lot of time off the first year.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. It's going in the right direction.

Great company and fantastic culture!

ProsI have worked in the public sector and private sector, in small government and with the Fortune 100 and I can honestly say that Paycom has one of the best corporate cultures I have ever seen. Leadership is always present and supportive, there is a competitive nature in a positive way, and everyone from the janitor to the CFO is encouraged to come to work each day to produce and "Play like a Champion". To add to this there are fantastic benefits and pay for those who are willing to put in the time and come in each day with their game face on.

ConsAt times the parking situation at corporate HQ is cramped...but since it is due to company growth I will take it over the opposite any day of the week.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone this is a great corporate structure

Growing fast

ProsThis company is growing so quickly. In a time when jobs can be difficult to come by and the economy isn't the best, this is a place that I can recommend to individuals to work because Paycom is always hiring.

ConsWe are growing so fast we are outgrowing our building and are ready for our new building to open!

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure our new building can accommodate the rate of which we are growing!

Challenging but worth it

Sales (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIncredible earning potential, mentally challenging, constantly learning and growing. The environment has become very supportive as the company has grown. The company continues to develop great systems that serve real needs in the business community.

ConsLike anything worth accomplishing in life success here does not come without difficulty, challenges, and its fair share of disappointments. Not for you if you aren't mentally tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep driving development. Keep supporting and growing your reps.

Amazing work environment!!

ProsPaycom has a phenomenal work environment. Every one within the company is determined to make Paycom the best in our industry and each employee thrives to be better than the day before. The training department offers various classes each week to help you not only grow as a professional, but as a person. There are also four dollar lunches daily that are catered in from a restaurant... How could you not love that?

ConsIt takes a while to build up sick days and vacation.

It Keeps Getting Better

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe work atmosphere at Paycom is amazing. It feels like I am truly appreciated for the work I do, and I'm not just a number. I honestly love what I do because I have a variety of duties that are all different, so it's not the same thing everyday! Paycom allows so mych opportunity for advancement. Since I have been at Paycom, I have been privelaged enough to see many people receive promotions, even within my own department. Lastly, Paycom has an amazing training program that allows you to tremendously grow as a professional.

ConsIt takes a little while to build up vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Your support allows not only individuals but also the company to grow each and every day.

Opportunity and Career Growth

Specialist (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsWorking at Paycom has been a blessing as Paycom is a company on the move. Paycom recently broke ground on an addition to its state-of-the-art headquarters and is a seven year Inc. 500 honoree - awarded to the fastest-growing companies in the country.

Personally, I have grown by leaps and bounds as a professional during my seven month career and know there is unlimited career mobility with Paycom so long as I continue to work hard and add value to the company.

The management team at Paycom is exceptional. They do a wonderful job of bench-marking the success of their employees and showing everyone the big picture. At meetings management details how its employees are vital to the success of the company and with everyone working together Paycom can and will continue to be the fastest-growing Payroll and Human Capital company in the nation.

Additionally, there are a number of great leaders that are passionate about making the company culture the envy of the state. The company's annual Year End Party - thrown to honor the hard work of employees and success of the company - distinguishes Paycom from any other business. It is experience that will never be forgotten.

ConsIt takes time to accrue vacation and sick time.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!