Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros
  • Amazing base salary and commission structure(in 10 reviews)

• If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult(in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con(in 8 reviews)

Great company who really cares about their sales team!

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat compensation! Company cares about their sales team and will take care of them (financially!)

ConsDaily grind. If you are looking to make a million cold calls, knock down doors, and sometimes beg for business to hit your numbers, this is the job for you!

Has been a wonderful experience to work and grow with the company!

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNot any that I would say

Endless Opportunity, Focus on Development & Growth, Very Competitive Compensation Plan

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSome of the great things about working for Paycom is the opportunity you are given here. I never thought I would have an opportunity to make a six figure salary at the age of 24. The company is growing every year and you can move up into a management role fairly quickly. Compensation is the highest in the industry and they provide a great benefits package. The company invests so much time and $ into each reps personal growth and development both personal and professional.

ConsYou have to be a very driven and self-motivated person to be successful here. If you are willing to commit and put in the extra effort and hard work, it will be extremely worth it. If you are just looking for the cushy salary but are not an overachiever, this might not be the job for you. Mediocrity is just not acceptable at this company. Every day is very busy and it can be stressful at times but its all worth it!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you are looking for a fast growing, record breaking company-apply at Paycom!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Pros- ability to advance your career
    - defined goals in almost every position in the company. If you achieve the goals you are rewarded with professional and monetary growth.
    - amazing company growth unlike anything I've ever seen

Cons- This is nitpicking, but the onsite gym could be larger.
    - More first year vacation would be nice
    - End of the year can be rough on our employees. It's part of the industry and can't be avoided.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. You've got a good thing going.

Life-changing career opportunities

Supervisor (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPaycom offers the best product and service in the industry so you can be proud of the work you do whether you are recruiting talent, developing software, selling, marketing or serving clients.
    High growth company that offers incredible leadership opportunities with clear career paths, solid training and a "hard work gets rewarded" culture. I have seen a 3000% growth rate in our company size since I started and it's been awesome.
    Leadership truly cares about employees and offers many perks and benefits that you just don't find at most companies.
    The high standards in work ethic and attitude have helped build a workforce that is well-liked, respected, appreciated and embraced by those who are part of it. Slackers and bad attitudes don't make it which is refreshing if you have ever worked someplace where management didn't care.
    Paycom is not just stable, but successful. Budgeting red tape never slows down progress for worthwhile projects and initiatives. Having worked in the non-profit industry it is empowering to know you have the resources you need to be successful.

ConsIt's a fast-paced environment with all the growing pains you would expect from such a fast-growing company. Sometimes there is more work than people to do it. Sometimes there are more people than provided office and parking space. But you always know it's a temporary situation and the company is continuously working to make things better for its employees and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get discouraged by the comments from any disgruntled employees past or present. Not everyone is cut out to handle the type of success Paycom has and the hard worked required to get it. Know that the vast majority of employees who work at Paycom know how awesome it is and are grateful for the opportunity. Keep up the good work!

Great pay, but high turnover and bad management

Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Pay, Young Employees, Fun, Lots of growth and opportunities for management

ConsCold calling, management is very pressured for sales and reflects their anger on employees, exec level management is not transparent in what they are doing. They were supposed to go public 3 years ago and were preparing us for that, but it never happened.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees

If Paycom were an exercise program, I would already have washboard abs.

Manager (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Pros1. They actually give a crap about individual successes.
    As a new employee, when I suggested a better way of doing something in our department they said, "Great! Make it happen!" and gave me full permission to move ahead.
    A lot of organizations will rattle off ten reasons why the idea won't work, then grind it to death under the boot heel of endless approval processes. At Paycom the attitude seems to be "Well, we tried that and didn't get very far. What would you do differently?"

2. There is a culture of rapid improvement that I haven't experienced elsewhere. It's gratifying to see a project go from concept to completion as quickly as it does around here.

3. I like the perks as much as the next person ($4 lunches, etc.), and the pay is competitive, but that's just to get top talent in the door.
    My favorite thing about Paycom is that I feel like what I do matters. I've worked for non-profits and didn't think I could feel as fulfilled "working for the man," but I don't feel that way anymore. Being successful puts me in a better place to give back in the future

ConsI wish I had more vacation time early on. Flex time or something like it would be nice.

Paycom is a great employer and really makes you feel at home.

Specialist (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsCatered lunch- $4
    Amazing benefits- $1 healthcare and reasonably priced dental and vision.
    Company wide events
    On-site gym- with free classes.
    Growing company
    Friendly people

ConsIT- On-boarding process
    Vacation and Sick Leave

Good and bad all rolled up into one tortilla

ProsCatered lunches= $4.
    Constant Paycom cheer leading & freebies (ie: shirts, pens, etc).
    On-site gym
    Medical care= $1 (not including vision & dental).
    Company wide participation events (ie: contests, trivia, fundraising).
    Employee recognition.
    Parties.
    Company is growing and there is good job security.
    Benefits are decent & there is a 401k plan with match.
    For many departments, generally consistent hours.

ConsLots of office politics.
    Cliques are not discouraged.
    The quality of your experience working for Paycom will depend on your department/team
    In my own team, employees with bad work ethics have been rewarded, good behaviors are overlooked.
    On the same note, rewards are often left to chance instead of merit.
    Don't expect to get most holidays off-- do expect to come in during inclement weather... or else.
    Not a lot of vacation or sick time.
    Internal growth is minimal outside of your own department, Paycom has few internal positions posted, most are for external applicants only .
    Lower level management has "training" on leadership by people inexperienced in leadership. Managers/leads don't understand what it means to be a leader as opposed to a "boss."
    The company calls itself a training company, but when 20 somethings are training on topics they have no experience with... lessons can't be taken seriously.
    Lacks diverse work force. Lots of fresh out of college, women, in their early 20s. This can make for a very "high school" atmosphere.
    No part-time positions.
    The interview process .... is just terrible on every level from tests to the interviewers being prepared.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent within the company on expectations. Don't let some departments have rampant poor work ethics while others have high standards. Set company standards for what is expected and enforce them... for example, some departments have very high punctuality standards, others allow tardiness to run rampant.

Paycom Representative responded to this review

Dec 10, 2013

We are committed to continuously evaluating our policies and procedures within our organization and embrace the opinions of each of our employees. As such, we survey our workforce each year and found ... More

Paycom is a wonderful company, providing terrific opportunities for both personal and professional growth.

ProsPaycom encourages personal growth and gives you the tools to become an outstanding salesperson. With an extremely generous benefit plan, they are interested in attracting and retaining top talent.

ConsYou might say that I've drank the kool-aide, but I can't think of any cons for the company. In the early month of working you need to put a lot of energy into the position. But like any other high-paying position, if you want to be successful you have to put the time in.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!