Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros
  • Amazing base salary and commission structure(in 10 reviews)

• If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult(in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con(in 9 reviews)

Good and bad all rolled up into one tortilla

ProsCatered lunches= $4.
    Constant Paycom cheer leading & freebies (ie: shirts, pens, etc).
    On-site gym
    Medical care= $1 (not including vision & dental).
    Company wide participation events (ie: contests, trivia, fundraising).
    Employee recognition.
    Parties.
    Company is growing and there is good job security.
    Benefits are decent & there is a 401k plan with match.
    For many departments, generally consistent hours.

ConsLots of office politics.
    Cliques are not discouraged.
    The quality of your experience working for Paycom will depend on your department/team
    In my own team, employees with bad work ethics have been rewarded, good behaviors are overlooked.
    On the same note, rewards are often left to chance instead of merit.
    Don't expect to get most holidays off-- do expect to come in during inclement weather... or else.
    Not a lot of vacation or sick time.
    Internal growth is minimal outside of your own department, Paycom has few internal positions posted, most are for external applicants only .
    Lower level management has "training" on leadership by people inexperienced in leadership. Managers/leads don't understand what it means to be a leader as opposed to a "boss."
    The company calls itself a training company, but when 20 somethings are training on topics they have no experience with... lessons can't be taken seriously.
    Lacks diverse work force. Lots of fresh out of college, women, in their early 20s. This can make for a very "high school" atmosphere.
    No part-time positions.
    The interview process .... is just terrible on every level from tests to the interviewers being prepared.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent within the company on expectations. Don't let some departments have rampant poor work ethics while others have high standards. Set company standards for what is expected and enforce them... for example, some departments have very high punctuality standards, others allow tardiness to run rampant.

Dec 10, 2013

We are committed to continuously evaluating our policies and procedures within our organization and embrace the opinions of each of our employees. As such, we survey our workforce each year and found ... More

Great pay, but high turnover and bad management

Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Pay, Young Employees, Fun, Lots of growth and opportunities for management

ConsCold calling, management is very pressured for sales and reflects their anger on employees, exec level management is not transparent in what they are doing. They were supposed to go public 3 years ago and were preparing us for that, but it never happened.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees

Awesome Company

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPaycom is growing so quickly and there is so much room for growth. There is an EXCELLENT culture and all of the sales reps are like a big family. I feel professionally challenged everyday and I have grown so much through Paycom.

ConsThe first year is very intense because you have to learn so many aspects of a company but after you build that foundation, then it gets so much easier.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing People, Great Technology, Game Changing Opportunity

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI have worked for Paycom for 6 years. From day one this has been the most rewarding experience of my life. While my friends struggled to find something they were passionate about I started to advance my career. Over the past 6 years, I have been about to grow as a sales person and a manager. With most companies you have to wait 10-15 year to make the money and have the impact I have today! It has been hard work but nothing in life worth having is easy. Paycom has the best product, service and overall value in the industry.

ConsI really don't have any thing bad to say. It's a great fit for me. If you are driven, smart and hard working you will love it!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build the best management and sales team in America.

Amazing Company

Recruiter (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsPay, Advancement, Culture, and Growth. I have never heard of a company where people can make so much and do so much in a short period of time. Interview process is streamlined but still covers all of the bases. Normal interview process start to finish is always less than two weeks. I am an external recruiter for Paycom at Summit Executive Recruiting and we love sending people to Paycom!

ConsNone, but not a company for average performers. They will only take the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. As you continue to grow do everything possible to keep the outstanding culture that you have built in tact.

Great company if you can hack it

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

Pros-Amazing talent, they really do recruit the most impressive sales people
    -Great pay, they are always looking for ways to increase your commission. I would get a check and have it be much higher than expected because of small bonuses they included.
    -Constant training and personal development. Every Monday we would train on a topic, every Friday there is another one for the entire company. They are constantly flying you places for corporate training and they even have 2 weeks when you first start of all day training. Trust me-They want you to know what you're doing!

ConsOverall it's still a sales job. You are required to meet a certain number of appointments, bring in a certain quota and hit specific numbers. They pay you well for a reason. The manager I had was fantastic, she worked just as long and hard as her reps, but I've heard not all offices have someone like that. I ultimately had to leave because I couldn't stand talking to people all day about payroll, they are just miserable. If you are able to handle stress well and can get over the fact that you're selling payroll, then the money is absolutely worth it!

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job, keep up the good work. Vacation during first year could be better.

Have to like Cold Calling

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe company spends a ton of money on their training program. They employees are great, and usually like to have fun, as well as, work.

ConsI had an intern position and I felt like I was ill prepared for the interview. One problem is because the company is focusing on expanding so much, the managers are often ill equipt...

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend as much time with the managers as you do with the sales people starting off.

Dec 5, 2013

We do promote a work hard, play hard culture and calling prospects falls in the working hard category. Thank you for telling others about the amount of resources we put into our training programs. As ... More

My experience at Paycom has provided me with tremendous creative opportunities and exponential professional growth.

Operations Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPaycom has an amazing company culture which includes affordable catered meals every day, a free on-site gym with boot camp and Zumba classes, and monthly themed luncheons celebrating employee anniversaries. There are also numerous company activities such as the Year End Party (which is above and beyond any other company's holiday parties), National Payroll Week, Customer Appreciation Week and Wellness Week.

As part of the Training Department, I can speak confidently about the amazing training classes offered daily to help employees grow personally and professionally. The trainers make themselves available to help employees with any questions they may have about the Paycom products and the best ways to continue to offer the best customer service.

I am personally excited about my future at Paycom. Paycom is one of the fastest growing companies in Oklahoma City and you can tell by the number of new hires on a weekly basis. Paycom is currently working on a new building and the expansion plans are amazing and exciting.

Paycom has allowed me to use and expand my creative abilities and grow as a professional. I get to create and develop new training materials, newsletters and bulletins on a daily basis and work on projects that best communicate our new product developments with customers so they immediately know the most exciting things happening with the Paycom products.

ConsBecause Paycom is so customer focused and its number one priority is taking care of them, Paycom employees are, at times, working some holidays others companies may have off.

Advice to Senior ManagementPaycom has a great environment and I feel lucky to be able to see so many upper management employees on a daily basis and feel so welcome to go to any one of them and express any new ideas or concerns I may have. My advice to any manager at Paycom would be to keep up the great environment/culture and continue to be an available source and open door for employees and a great example on how to be a great leader.

Lack of personality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe product itself, is the best out there
    Personal Health Insurance with company is inexpensive
    If you can get into selling payroll, you can make a lot of money with the company and there are management opportunities due to growth within company

ConsThe sales process is complex
    The product has no personality to it
    If you have a personality, you have to learn to lock it up for 10+ hours/per day
    Commissions take months to get paid out
    Cultish culture-the company will discretely present these conservative ideologies
    Barely any vacation
    Not your typical B2B job, you have to go to office beginning and end of day

Dec 5, 2013

Sorry to hear a career in sales wasn't the right fit. We appreciate your feedback and want to point out that on average commission is paid out within 45 days and we respect everyone's ... More

I loved this job and this company!

Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe pros of this job are endless. I love sales, and this is the best kind of sale. I would work hard for it and I would definitely reap the benefits. I was helping CFO's and CEO's on a regular basis improve their company processes PLUS save them time and money.

ConsI wished that I would've had more time off my first year of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to listen to the employees when they have feedback and input on processes, because sometimes we have great ideas about improvement!

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!