Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros:
  • "Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Amazing base salary and commission structure"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Sales reps that care only about overselling and not knowing the system"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I tried and got fired

Payroll Processor (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThis company was wonderful and I tried very hard, I was there for two months and was barely under my quota. I got very stressed out because I was pushed very hard for my quota after being out of training for a month, once I reached it the quota it was moved up by 50 the next week. The tricky thing was that quota for payroll processors are set by the team leads, not upper management so they differed from team to team which I saw as a bit unfair. I was extremely stressed out because of this and loved my job so I tried very hard and was barely under quota, I talked to my team lead about this and asked if she could work with me which she assured me it would all be alright and that she knew I was working hard. The next day I was called in at the end of the day I was fired due to being to stressed out.

ConsGetting fired for being to stressed out.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee is working really really hard and you hear one side of a story, before firing them. Ask for their side of the story.

Flag Review
    Paycom Representative responded to this review Jul 26, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback. Management evaluated and set a standard quota across the board for all payroll processors.

Opportunity and Career Growth

Specialist (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsWorking at Paycom has been a blessing as Paycom is a company on the move. Paycom recently broke ground on an addition to its state-of-the-art headquarters and is a seven year Inc. 500 honoree - awarded to the fastest-growing companies in the country.

Personally, I have grown by leaps and bounds as a professional during my seven month career and know there is unlimited career mobility with Paycom so long as I continue to work hard and add value to the company.

The management team at Paycom is exceptional. They do a wonderful job of bench-marking the success of their employees and showing everyone the big picture. At meetings management details how its employees are vital to the success of the company and with everyone working together Paycom can and will continue to be the fastest-growing Payroll and Human Capital company in the nation.

Additionally, there are a number of great leaders that are passionate about making the company culture the envy of the state. The company's annual Year End Party - thrown to honor the hard work of employees and success of the company - distinguishes Paycom from any other business. It is experience that will never be forgotten.

ConsIt takes time to accrue vacation and sick time.

It Keeps Getting Better

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe work atmosphere at Paycom is amazing. It feels like I am truly appreciated for the work I do, and I'm not just a number. I honestly love what I do because I have a variety of duties that are all different, so it's not the same thing everyday! Paycom allows so mych opportunity for advancement. Since I have been at Paycom, I have been privelaged enough to see many people receive promotions, even within my own department. Lastly, Paycom has an amazing training program that allows you to tremendously grow as a professional.

ConsIt takes a little while to build up vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Your support allows not only individuals but also the company to grow each and every day.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing work environment!!

ProsPaycom has a phenomenal work environment. Every one within the company is determined to make Paycom the best in our industry and each employee thrives to be better than the day before. The training department offers various classes each week to help you not only grow as a professional, but as a person. There are also four dollar lunches daily that are catered in from a restaurant... How could you not love that?

ConsIt takes a while to build up sick days and vacation.

From a sales rep point of view...

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsDecent products offered and a fair and reasonable price. Not sure what else I can say for pros.

ConsPaycom was a crazy place to work. I was one of 18 reps that had three managers in our region, which got trimmed to 3 sales reps. I did well there, but seeing new people working at the desk next to mine every month was getting old. I love all the other cheerleader posts that give 5 stars and say what an awesome place it is to work. They love that Paycom cool aid!

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck

Hard work pays off here!!!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

Pros- I decide how much money I make!
    - Great environment, management, and benefits!
    - We have an amazing product!
    - Love it!

Cons- Long interview process.
    - Hard work, but it pays off big time $$$

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to be support and amazing!

Not easy, but well worth it!

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPaycom has great compensation all around, and great benefits. Continual education for all employees is essential to the success with Paycom. Every week, they provide the all departments with training. Paycom knows that each employee needs to personally grow, if they are going to grow professionally. Management really does have your back and will go to bat for you when needed. We are continually growing, double in size on average every two years. You have yet to hear layoff and Paycom in the same sentence. It is nice to know that there is stability with the company!

ConsFor Sales Reps - You will work a lot of hours, especially in the beginning, and it is not for the sales rep that just wants to hit quota. You are in charge of the whole sell cycle, so be prepared for cold calling and face to face appointments.
    All team members - The department you work in wants to be the best, so the expect every member of the team to work that same mentality. We only hire the best of the best!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't jump on problems that need to be looked at 2 or 3 times before reacting.

Paycom is a great company based in OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPaycom has a great culture, good benefits, and very pleasant perks. $4 catered lunches give you a good lunch option. Employee health insurance premium is only $1 per bi-weekly pay-period. The gym is great to have around to exercise before or after work, or shoot some hoops or play ping-pong during lunch. The year-end party is a great way to celebrate all of the hard work required for year-end workload.

ConsFamily health insurance is not subsidized by the company, which increases cost drastically.
    Rumors of going public have been tossed around for years now with no definite time frame given by management.
    The year-end party is nice, but it would also be nice to have a year-end bonus to go with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest to employees and do anything within reason to reduce voluntary and involuntary turnover. Offer more than just a year-end party in the form of a year-end bonus to share the success of the company with the employees who make Paycom what it is.

A different challenge every day but with hard work and perseverance you will be rewarded

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

Pros- Opportunity to meet and work with people from different industries and build great relationships
    - Every day is new and different
    - Great team to work with, everyone is uplifting, fun, and positive
    - Compensation plan is amazing with benefits
    -Continued training from the team and upper management
    - Must be willing to compete and put in the work to see the reward
    - Competitive atmosphere, great for former athletes or anyone with that mindset

Cons- The days can and will be longer than 8-5
    - Because every day is different, there are some days that are more challenging than others
    - Everyone takes a different amount of time to feel comfortable knowing the product, you must be okay with feeling out of your element for awhile
    - Sometimes territory is further away from the office than most and involves a lot of driving

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to:
    - Give constructive criticism and coach us to be the best we can be
    - Reward (give praise) us when we follow through with challenges set
    - Motivate all the reps differently in how we best respond to that motivation

Advice:
    - Do not provide negative incentives/unproductive criticism when we aren't doing as well as we want
    - More training up front for new reps to feel more confident going out into the field
    - More field rides with current reps prior to making your own calls

Great Company Great Pay

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsThe pay salary is very competitive coming out of college. It is $50,000 per year plus commission. The company is also very competitive in the industry.

ConsThere are no cons I can think of other then the typical cons of any sales job such as continuous cold calling.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 121 reviews posted anonymously by Paycom employees.