Paycom

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

34 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Corporate Sales Recruiter

Sales Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPaycom recruiting team is a family. We work hard together and play hard together. We strive for excellence daily staffing the nation with the best of the best. We had a tough job that is balanced with a supportive management, equally driven team members, and a rewarding compensation plan that reminds you that hard work always pays off!

ConsYou will not work 8 to 5 daily and may have to be more flexible at times to cater to our product ..." people." The great people do not come to us. Sales and cold calling is something you will do on a day to day basis. If you're comfortable with that, you are set !

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreased amount of vacation time could increase productivity of employees and also create a more attractive opportunity to candidates.

management- continue to push us hard and provide us with tools to be successful

The most Complacent and Gratifying place to work!

Marketing Database Administrative (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsTHE BEST work environment, GYM (open on weekends) boot camps/Zumba, tasty catered lunches for only $4(Qdoba, Interurban, Sophabellas, Swadley's), $1 health care, beautiful building, optional training offered throughout each month, growing company with so much room for personal and professional growth!

ConsHonestly, compared to all my other jobs i cannot think of a single con here at Paycom.

Great Career Choice

New Client Setup Specialist (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsNot only the new hire training, but the constant training that employees go through on a daily basis. Gym, catered lunches, boot camps, awesome work environment. Constantly growing which means room for growth in your career!

ConsWhile growth is a pro, it's also a con. We are experiencing growing pains like any company that grows this quickly would. Need more people! Days are long. You're lucky if you're actually able to take a lunch and leave at 5:00.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. We have the best of the best.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing culture, opportunity and GROWTH!

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsCulture of high achieving professionals, benefits, training and leadership opportunities.

ConsWe are growing so much we cannot wait for our second building!

The Gateway to Opportunity!

Transition Specialist Trainer (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPaycom offers incredible opportunities for young professionals. The culture here is unbeatable. Senior Management makes an effort to invest in new employees and build them up to be corporate professionals. Paycom offers many resources to improve your job knowledge in order to further your career.

ConsThere is not a lot to not like about Paycom, but the vacation policy in your first year is slim. I got married in my first year working at Paycom and had to wipe out all my vacation for my wedding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to add wonderful people to this company!

Has been a wonderful experience to work and grow with the company!

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNot any that I would say

If you are looking for a fast growing, record breaking company-apply at Paycom!

Oklahoma City, OK

Pros- ability to advance your career
    - defined goals in almost every position in the company. If you achieve the goals you are rewarded with professional and monetary growth.
    - amazing company growth unlike anything I've ever seen

Cons- This is nitpicking, but the onsite gym could be larger.
    - More first year vacation would be nice
    - End of the year can be rough on our employees. It's part of the industry and can't be avoided.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. You've got a good thing going.

Paycom is a great employer and really makes you feel at home.

Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsCatered lunch- $4
    Amazing benefits- $1 healthcare and reasonably priced dental and vision.
    Company wide events
    On-site gym- with free classes.
    Growing company
    Friendly people

ConsIT- On-boarding process
    Vacation and Sick Leave

Life-changing career opportunities

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPaycom offers the best product and service in the industry so you can be proud of the work you do whether you are recruiting talent, developing software, selling, marketing or serving clients.
    High growth company that offers incredible leadership opportunities with clear career paths, solid training and a "hard work gets rewarded" culture. I have seen a 3000% growth rate in our company size since I started and it's been awesome.
    Leadership truly cares about employees and offers many perks and benefits that you just don't find at most companies.
    The high standards in work ethic and attitude have helped build a workforce that is well-liked, respected, appreciated and embraced by those who are part of it. Slackers and bad attitudes don't make it which is refreshing if you have ever worked someplace where management didn't care.
    Paycom is not just stable, but successful. Budgeting red tape never slows down progress for worthwhile projects and initiatives. Having worked in the non-profit industry it is empowering to know you have the resources you need to be successful.

ConsIt's a fast-paced environment with all the growing pains you would expect from such a fast-growing company. Sometimes there is more work than people to do it. Sometimes there are more people than provided office and parking space. But you always know it's a temporary situation and the company is continuously working to make things better for its employees and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get discouraged by the comments from any disgruntled employees past or present. Not everyone is cut out to handle the type of success Paycom has and the hard worked required to get it. Know that the vast majority of employees who work at Paycom know how awesome it is and are grateful for the opportunity. Keep up the good work!

If Paycom were an exercise program, I would already have washboard abs.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

Pros1. They actually give a crap about individual successes.
    As a new employee, when I suggested a better way of doing something in our department they said, "Great! Make it happen!" and gave me full permission to move ahead.
    A lot of organizations will rattle off ten reasons why the idea won't work, then grind it to death under the boot heel of endless approval processes. At Paycom the attitude seems to be "Well, we tried that and didn't get very far. What would you do differently?"

2. There is a culture of rapid improvement that I haven't experienced elsewhere. It's gratifying to see a project go from concept to completion as quickly as it does around here.

3. I like the perks as much as the next person ($4 lunches, etc.), and the pay is competitive, but that's just to get top talent in the door.
    My favorite thing about Paycom is that I feel like what I do matters. I've worked for non-profits and didn't think I could feel as fulfilled "working for the man," but I don't feel that way anymore. Being successful puts me in a better place to give back in the future

ConsI wish I had more vacation time early on. Flex time or something like it would be nice.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings in Oklahoma City, OK — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by Paycom employees.