Paycom Reviews

Reset
4.1
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 13 reviews)

• That comes with being part of a rapidly growing company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 9 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 12 reviews)

Earn it

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job as an outside sales rep at Paycom. After years as a sales manager in other industries, I feel so fulfilled in a position where I can be competitive in a fun team environment, and where I know the hard work I put in will pay off. I believe strongly in a meritocracy, and love the passion and dedication of the people I work with.

Cons

It does take some time to become successful- you need to be open and committed to intense and ongoing training, be willing to put some time into building your own base and your reputation, and have faith that this company will honestly reward you more with every day of honest, loyal and earnest performance.

2. Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Income potential is amazing. Tiered salary.... as you achieve particular sales metrics your base increases to 80k, 90k, 100k then 120k. Commissions can be amazing if you are successful.

Cons

Zero work life balance. Beginning of the week is mandatory in office, then Friday afternoon is a sales call that starts at 4:15 p.m. (to make sure you spend every last minute in the office). Very high pressure sales. If you don't meet your quota, expect your base salary to drop.... if you consistently don't meet it then except to be fired.

Paycom

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company takes care of employees. Growing company

Cons

High work load. No time off

Advice to Management

Hire more people

5. Rewarding job for those who work extremely hard!

Pros

Great executive leaders, clear set goals. Training is absolutely amazing. Compensation is unbelievable.

Cons

Management at office level are micromanaging - they mean well but should allow for some autonomy to the structure provided.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing - amazing direction for this company!

A True Executive Position

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at paycom has been the absolute best opportunity I could have asked for, especially coming straight out of college. First off, compensation is the best in the game. Starting off at $50k per year with uncapped commission and a great commission structure was amazing. There's also milestones that will allow you to increase that base to well over $100k. In other words, this is my first year in my first job and I'm confident I'll be making well over 6 figures this year. Other than compensation, the culture is absolutely incredible!! While the work is challenging, I am so excited to get up and go to work every day. My team is made up of the most genuine, motivated, optimistic people I have ever met. Also, in sales you are actually trained at our corporate office by our CSO, the co founder of the company. I'm not exaggerating when I say everyone at the leadership level genuinely cares about each employee's business goals and even personal goals. The position is not a normal sales representative position. You are a true executive working as a human capital consult to ceo's, CFOs, and business owners. It is extremely empowering to know how big of an impact I've had on my client's businesses. The opportunity for growth is endless. Leaderships asks you your goals right when you start and do everything they can to set you up to reach those goals. Also, they ONLY promote from within!! In other words....you would be crazy to not try to get a job here.

Cons

I wouldn't even consider this a con, but the interview process is definitely tough. Don't expect to coast through it. You have to come in for a 4 hour phone canvassing session where you will be expected to make appointments. It's challenging, but a great way to get a feel for what you'll be doing. The hours during the first month of training are tough...it's a lot of work. They joke saying "it's like getting an MBA in 4 weeks", which it truly is. Expect to be challenged and maybe a little stressed but it truly makes sure you are prepared for the position and sets you up for success. After your first few months, your hours won't be as crazy but don't expect to get off earlier than 5 on a Friday (maybe exactly at 5 if you're lucky) but like I said, this a true executive position...not your average entry level sales This job is not easy. It's hard work. However, you are more than rewarded for the hard work you put in. It is 100% what you make it. If you put in the work to learn the process, the success will roll in before you know it.

Advice to Management

More casual Fridays :)

Paycom Response

Jul 24, 2015 – Representative

We truly appreciate you telling others about your experience so far. Good luck!

Best Job I've Ever Had.

Current Employee - Paycom Corporate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Corporate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was lucky enough to have been hired by Paycom and I can say that I can't imagine working anywhere else. From my first day, I have felt like I've know my coworkers and bosses for years. I look forward to Mondays now because I know I am going to have a great week. I can easily say that this is the best job I have ever had.

Cons

Although this is not a deal breaker, I would say that the Health Care is a big Con. It is very expensive if you are not single. My raise in salary I got from coming to Paycom was essentially wiped out due to the monthly reduction to pay for health care for my family. Also the PTO is a little behind the times.

Paycom = Amazing

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom is a truly amazing place to work. I thoroughly enjoy being a part of a team that fosters continuous growth and personal development. We are a growing company and our leadership has the mentality of "A rising tide lifts all ships." They make me feel very valuable and fulfilled in my career. I feel so lucky to be a part of the Paycom team.

Cons

Since I have to put a con, I would say that there are complexities to a growing company. Specifically change. Paycom experiences a lot of change (which I think is a great thing) and you have to develop the skill of being very adept and open to change.

Incredible Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't usually take the time to write reviews but I am one that likes to read other peoples reviews on restaurants, products, services, ect so I felt the need to write one on my experience here at Paycom. I have been a sales rep for Paycom for 3+ years and it has been an incredible journey for me. I came from a medical sales job where I didn't see a future with much opportunity so I started looking elsewhere. Well Paycom was the best decision I have ever made in my career.... I started as a sales rep and then quickly moved up to an Executive Sales rep (the next tier) making well over 100k my first year with commission. I now have a 100K base, plus commission, and have doubled what I made in my last job and continue to exceed my personal and professional goals. Not only is Paycom great as far as your potential in earnings but they also provide so many different avenues for you to continue to grow and be promoted. I can't say enough great things about the possibilities here at Paycom.

Cons

This one is hard because I really love it and feel like Paycom does so many things right, but the biggest thing would be the PTO.. I wish we got more days off based on tenure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have never felt more supported from upper management and felt like they truly have every single employees best interest. This is so hard to find in a mid size and growing company.

Paycom Response

Jul 24, 2015 – Representative

As stated, we are here to support you and each of our employees. Based on feedback, we added to our PTO policy and additional time-off is accrued based on certain lengths of service. We are happy to ... More

Paycom Specialist

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, random events for employees, fun and engaging work culture, room for growth. Free access to Yoga, boot camp and gym facilities. Constant training. Great appraisal system. Catered lunches for $4.

Cons

PTO is slim your first year, also you put in overtime certain times in the year. That could be a pro for some people.

Advice to Management

Develop a growth plan for Team Support Specialists and Admins.

11. So happy to be a member of the Paycom team!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, culture, and company. I have work-life balance, and I can be as involved as I choose with after work activities they offer (such as bowling league, free gym, yoga, golf club, etc). Friendly people, and opportunity for growth - I also believe that our product is awesome, and it gives me that "feel good vibe" knowing that we are helping other companies and their employees.

Cons

Only con I can think of is that we are growing so fast that there is construction on our second gym and 3rd building- I can't keep my car clean on the outside from the construction dust and Oklahoma wind!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I am a happy camper!

RSS Feed </> Embed