Paycom Reviews

192 reviews filtered by
4.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 13 reviews)

• That comes with being part of a rapidly growing company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is poor, as my life began to revolve around the job (in 9 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 12 reviews)

1. A company that I am proud to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have some of the best perks around. We are growing when other companies are laying off and reducing compensation plans. Our value proposition to employees is extremely strong (we promote from within, our training programs are top notch, our comp plans reward those who commit themselves to life long learning and personal development). In the Midwest we are a software company competing at the national level to dominate the Human Capital Management industry. I am a person who thrives on the passion and enthusiasm or our leaders. They don't have to be here because financially they are all set for life, but they continue to show up and push themselves to be better. Our Executives love to see the rest of us grow and have success. Our CEO plays basketball and has lunch with all of the employees!!! People get promoted almost every month. I know this because at our monthly luncheons and quarterly company meetings we recognize them along with work anniversaries and birthdays. I have worked other places and Paycom is by far the best culture! Where else does the entire company get an all expense paid trip to a 5 star hotel with awards, a concert and all kinds of fun events for an evening?

Cons

People still don't know about us. Our brand isn't strong enough yet for people to understand who we are and what we can offer them professionally. Our marketing needs to be bigger locally and nationally. The oil and gas companies are laying off and yet people are still applying with them rather than Paycom- that is our fault! If we want to grow spend the money to let people know about us! I want people to be excited about me working at Paycom rather than my friends who are at the other places in town.

Advice to Management

I believe and I have worked at several other large companies that our management team is one of the strongest around at the very top. Internal promotions are amazing but don't be afraid to bring in new blood, even if they rock the boat a little, new ideas and perspective is always good. Continue to focus on growth and start to evolve with the growth. Some of our ways might have worked at 500 employees but if we want to really explode we might reconsider some or our hiring practices and marketing limitations. I am excited to see where we are in 5 years!

2. Executive Sales Representative

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Culture is unreal. You wake up excited to go to work every day of every year. Team atmosphere is like a family. Unlimited earning potential- unlike any other comp plan. Opportunity for growth is incredible! You control your success and ultimately your career with hard work and a decision to succeed. The company takes care of us. Example, our health insurance is $1 each pay period. Presidents club is incredible, and is bonus PTO. You will make more money than you know what to do with.

Cons

Poor vacation in first year, but if your career would have a delayed start if they gave any more time.

Advice to Management

Smaller territories and more reps. This allows you to see who can make things happen, and territories are more thoroughly worked. Also the more reps you have, the more opportunity for revenue.

From an outside sales rep's perspective

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited opportunity to be successful. Awesome training program - both new hire training and ongoing. Training doesn't only focus on selling and product knowledge but to self development and life lessons as well. Fun, energetic, work hard - play hard culture. Supportive management team and corporate resources. Company is big on employee appreciation and praise for a job well done. Congratulations emails get sent out for every sale you make and sometimes just for doing a great job or being a great leader in your office. Weekly company meetings for sales reps to celebrate their sales in front of the country and discuss how they did it. Needless to say, the compensation plan is very lucrative. Whatever your goal is you really do have the opportunity to reach it here.

Cons

Our sale is very complex. This is often what drives the best talent to our company because they are seeking that challenge or come from a similar background. However if you come from a sales industry that has a low involvement sales process or is a commodity/price driven sale this will not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

As we continue to move up market, I think we have a lot of opportunity to create some new support roles that could add even more value to our service model.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great career development. The leadership is fantastic they are inspiring to work for. The role was not a fit for me but I would recommend Paycom to anyone. They also provide continuing education for all employees which is fantastic. I am confident they will continue to grow!

Cons

Not really a con but you must be self motivated to be successful. They provide the knowledge and resources you must execute.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I really feel the management at Paycom is fantastic and I loved working for them.

6. Outside sales representative

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Income potential is unmatched (I'm talking, more than a doctor unmatched). Paycom is a growing company that truly listens to their employees ideas and use client feedback for developments. It's great to work for a company that listens and constantly improves their processes and genuinely cares about being the best. The company makes you feel like you are a part of something big.....because you are. You will be able to see yours and your clients ideas come to life which is really amazing. Your team becomes your family, culture is great.

Cons

Performance based position. You will be greatly rewarded if you produce but like any outside sales positions there can be highs and lows and this can be stressful from a job security stand point. Work hard and treat your territory like your own business and you won't have those lows :)

Advice to Management

Consider residual income to subsidize base or other ways for employees to earn their base that would be more guaranteed. Losing your base salary can be stressful for anyone supporting a family.

7. Paycom Specialist

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$1 healthcare. Free gym. Employee culture is the best I have ever seen. Training is never ending. They allow employees to make suggestions for improvement in the system and in processes. They actually listen to those requests. Most people hate them, but anyone will offer to role play a situation with you before a stressful call. If you need assistance with large client issues management is there for you in an instant. Even with our size management makes a solid effort to know everyone personally. They care about your career growth as much as you do.

Cons

Year end is very stressful.

Advice to Management

Require more testing on products before release. Never let company culture become less of a priority, no matter how large we become.

By far, the BEST company I've ever worked for and the BEST job I've ever had. I LOVE PAYCOM!!!

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New Hire Training as well as ongoing training was and is incredible! The training for my position was 5 weeks long, so it does require a bit of a sacrifice if you have a family, but the reward is so worth it. Once I got out of training, my manager was there to walk along side me for the firs couple of months as I got familiar with my clients and improved my system acumen. The department conducts training calls twice a week to go over new updates to the system and to allow for questions to be answered.

I've never experienced the type of team atmosphere as I have here at Paycom. Everyone wants you to succeed and congratulates you when you close a deal with a client. When you're having a rough week, you have a manager or coworker there to positively encourage you and help you be the best that you can be. I believe that's what makes Paycom's culture so amazing.

Our product is also, in my opinion, the best out there. I could be a little biased though ;). I ahve seen other systems and have heard directly from my cleint's mouths the drastic improvements that Paycom has brought to their HR and Payroll processes since leaving their previous provider. We are constantly updated our product to keep up with the demand of our clients for a solution that fits their every need and desire. Not to mention being the first Payroll company to release an LMS. That's incredible!!!

I could go on and on about how much I love what I do, but this would turn into a novel rather than a short review, so I'll end with this: if you're not working at Paycom, you're missing out :)

Cons

Now let's be honest here, not every company is perfect, but Paycom comes pretty darn close. The first time I heard about Paycom, I was actually prospecting companies for my old job. When I came across their glassdoor page, I read some reviews that were pretty alarming. Now I'm no fool when it comes to disgruntled employees leaving harsh posts, so I read on to the good reviews and made my decision to pursue employment. You have to understand that working for Paycom is not meant for everyone. You have to be driven, have a positive attitude and be willing to do your best everyday. If you're looking for a place to just relax and have deals handed to you, don't apply. If you want a challenging, yet rewarding place to work, apply to your heart's content. Is easy to blame a company or a boss for your own shortcomings. What's harder is to rise to the occasion and push on even when things get tough. I;ve learned more about myself professionally and personally in my time here at Paycom, than I ever have with any other company. It's made me a better employee, friend, husband and father all while allowing me to maintain a healthy work/life balance.

So much for cons :)

Advice to Management

Continue improving the product as you have in my time here. We are on the cutting edge of HR Technology and I love riding that wave with Paycom. I couldn't run a company any better, if it were my own. I am thoroughly pleased with everything I've experienced with Paycom!

Paycom Response

Apr 7, 2015Representative

We greatly appreciate your review and candid feedback for potential applicants to read. Your positive attitude is a testament to your success here and we are thankful for all that you do. Keep up the ... More

It's time to drink the Paycom kool aid!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

AWESOME training
    Top level C suite works to get to know you and train you
    Great opportunities to learn about all types of business
    Teaches you so much about networking, interacting with people, and selling

Cons

Definitely requires diligence and a good work ethic; this really isn't a con but I know some people see "hard work" and are deterred. If you are afraid of working hard, this is NOT the place for you (And you probably won't find much success anywhere else)

Paycom is the place to be!

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has been monumental in helping me grow both personally and professionally. It's nice to go into work knowing you are truly valued. There are a lot of perks too! $1 insurance, a free gym and amazing events are just a few of the amazing things I've experienced.

Cons

PTO is hard the first year, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Paycom Response

Apr 1, 2015Representative

Thank you for your review! We hope you are enjoying your new personal days, which should help with your first year PTO accrual.

Excellent company for highly motivated and confident sales reps!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

- Hands-on training and continuous development (weekly)
    - Opportunities for growth even at a young age
    - You get as much out of this job as you put in (great for the "go-getter" type)
    - Earn uncapped commission & great monthly incentives
    - Company has strong differentiation from other companies in the industry
    - Meet w/ business executives (CEO, CFO, CIO, etc)

Cons

Really no complaints ...
    - Minimal time-off

Advice to Management

- Very happy w/ management – extremely available and approachable.