Paycom Reviews

180 reviews filtered by
4.1
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 13 reviews)

• That comes with being part of a rapidly growing company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is poor, as my life began to revolve around the job (in 9 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 12 reviews)

Paycom is the place to be!

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paycom has been monumental in helping me grow both personally and professionally. It's nice to go into work knowing you are truly valued. There are a lot of perks too! $1 insurance, a free gym and amazing events are just a few of the amazing things I've experienced.

Cons

PTO is hard the first year, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

From an outside sales rep's perspective

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unlimited opportunity to be successful. Awesome training program - both new hire training and ongoing. Training doesn't only focus on selling and product knowledge but to self development and life lessons as well. Fun, energetic, work hard - play hard culture. Supportive management team and corporate resources. Company is big on employee appreciation and praise for a job well done. Congratulations emails get sent out for every sale you make and sometimes just for doing a great job or being a great leader in your office. Weekly company meetings for sales reps to celebrate their sales in front of the country and discuss how they did it. Needless to say, the compensation plan is very lucrative. Whatever your goal is you really do have the opportunity to reach it here.

Cons

Our sale is very complex. This is often what drives the best talent to our company because they are seeking that challenge or come from a similar background. However if you come from a sales industry that has a low involvement sales process or is a commodity/price driven sale this will not be a good fit for you.

As we continue to move up market, I think we have a lot of opportunity to create some new support roles that could add even more value to our service model.

Excellent company for highly motivated and confident sales reps!

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

- Hands-on training and continuous development (weekly)
    - Opportunities for growth even at a young age
    - You get as much out of this job as you put in (great for the "go-getter" type)
    - Earn uncapped commission & great monthly incentives
    - Company has strong differentiation from other companies in the industry
    - Meet w/ business executives (CEO, CFO, CIO, etc)

Cons

Really no complaints ...
    - Minimal time-off

- Very happy w/ management – extremely available and approachable.

5. Great place to work

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Paycom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great career development. The leadership is fantastic they are inspiring to work for. The role was not a fit for me but I would recommend Paycom to anyone. They also provide continuing education for all employees which is fantastic. I am confident they will continue to grow!

Cons

Not really a con but you must be self motivated to be successful. They provide the knowledge and resources you must execute.

Keep up the great work. I really feel the management at Paycom is fantastic and I loved working for them.

Paycom has great potential with little substance to back it up.

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Inexpensive health insurance
    The people
    Training (initial)

Cons

Generally speaking, Paycom does not hire software professionals, and, in some cases professionals at all. I come with numerous years of experience and I know a great product when I see it. Our software is beautiful and on the rise. However, Paycom has done a terrible job at tackling the growth effectively. Specialist are over worked and stretched too thin, the training specialists should really be called the "set up and leave specialists" , the sales team is idolized as Gods, and the client relations department is the red headed step child that gets to deal with an angry client\ incompetent or undertrained team members, for years.
    As a client rep, you are not paid on retention. Your salary is a laughable tiered structure starting at 45k ( average in software is 85k) Then, you will work until 11 at night at least 3 nights a week, solving issues for your clients, and answering numerous emails to help keep your team a float. We get told that we are "the angels" of Paycom, saving and maintaining multi millions of business, yet you are paid like an entry level cold caller.
     As a newer department, growing pains happen. This isn't growing pains, this is an issue with structural integrity.

In short, software is difficult, not every one gets it. Please stop hiring pretty faces with little to no REAL experience. As product grows and continues to develop, compensate your employees accordingly. Offer a legitimate structure for growth and stop making excuses. Your employees need to see an action plan for change. I hear the rumbling from colleagues and I am not even close to being the most upset/dissatisfied.

Mar 24, 2015Representative

Technology and our people are cornerstones of our organization. We take great pride in the high-quality individuals we hire and that is reflective in the growth of our company. In addition to the ... More

Good Company

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

lunch, activities, teams, training, good people.

Cons

too many clients, vacation and black out periods

paycom specialist need less clients. It is silly to think a company could introduce 10 new products and keep the client count the same. Go strictly by revenue.

Mar 20, 2015Representative

Your feedback has been sent to members of our senior leadership team. As you may be aware, our vacation policy was recently lengthened. We hope you enjoy your additional personal days. We appreciate ... More

Excellent

Former Intern - Software Development Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Intern - Software Development Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great team, allowed overtime, catered lunches.

Cons

None really, but if your bosses are busy with current projects, it's sometimes hard to get direction.

9. Amazing!

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom has really changed my life and I couldnt be happier. Yes, the job can be "stressful" but thats life! The people are all amazing. I've grown so much in the last few years both professionally and personally. The money is amazing! So much opportunity and it just keeps getting better.

Cons

Fairly intense first year, but once you get through it its all worth it!

Feb 24, 2015Representative

Thank you for your candid review of Paycom!

Lots of Pros, with still time to fix a key role in the company.

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company Growth
    The Product Keeps Getting Better
    Compensation (Once you make Executive Sales Rep)
    Presidents Club

Cons

Regional "Manager(s)". I have never seen a role that is further removed from front line employees, yet has a great deal of influence on front line employees futures at Paycom whether it involve promotions, disciplinary actions for performance, etc etc. I can't and will not speak for all Regional Managers but from my experience they show up once every 2 months and could not be further removed from the business during the visit. They will attempt to add valuable insight into "deals in the pipeline" but when your a month or two behind on the details of how the deal has been worked, how can you? Don't take us off course without first being on course. They will be there for the occasional 1 on 1 which is more of a developmental tool for the Sales Manager which is okay.

Take a look at the role of the Regional Managers and evaluate those in the role. Given the companies size, each one has a handful of direct reports, call it 7 Sales Managers, but their success is heavily invested into the Sales Representatives. Their goals are met when we meet ours. Pick up the phone and give the 35 sales reps a call or e-mail once in a while. It may end up making the "visits" more impactful and results even greater. After all, they account for roughly 20% of the companies sales success. Are they getting the most out of that 20% or just along for the ride?

Mar 10, 2015Representative

We appreciate the feedback and have sent this onto members of our senior leadership team. One of the reasons we have experienced so much success is because of wonderful feedback from employees, like ... More

Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay. This really is the only thing the position has going for it. And that's if you can learn the business, have success in selling, and have a lot of luck. If you really give it your best shot, you will probably make a decent amount of money.

Cons

This is a strong word of advice/caution for people with families. The work/life balance is horrible. In my interviews, I was told the job is 7:30 to 5:00 in most offices with a one hour lunch break. You must not expect this to be true. I would say the company is border line deceitful about how much it will truly require of you to maintain your work load in this position. There is truly no possible way for you to keep up with everything in this position with normal work hours but they certainly don't tell you that in your interviews. Also, you are made to feel terrible and like a constant failure until you put in more hours. It is extremely wrong and unhealthy to do this to people. I left a good job because I was recruited for this position. In theory, this job really did seem like a fantastic choice. Now this job feels like my nightmare because it has taken away so much time from my spouse and children. It was strongly suggested to me by upper management to rearrange my personal time with my spouse and kids just so that I could work more. This job is terrible for families especially if you value your family over money. The only thing upper management seems to value is money. People in my position at my particular office are not looked at as valued human beings but rather work horses for more money. It's a sick environment in that aspect. I cannot speak for other offices or management as a whole since this my personal experience within my office. If you are a young single person, this job would be great. You will still have no life, but at least you won't be forced to cut down your own spouse and children for the "good of the company."

You should be up front with people that are interviewing for the sales rep positions about what will be required of them. You hurting young families by making this seem like a relatively "normal" 8 to 5 job with a lunch. Hard work is fine. But not at the loss of sleep, time to eat, and time to spend with family. Your managers you are hiring need some sort of accountability for what they are saying to their employees or how they are actually managing their people. In my case, there is no management...just filling us with fear that we will all lose our jobs if we don't "figure it out." Your managers should never be able to get away with telling people to spend less time with their children so they can work more. There should absolutely be correction for that, and there should be a safe place employees can go to report things like this about their management without fear of losing their jobs. I would think that if you give more kindness, more time off, and not just use fear tactics on people, that your company would thrive even more. People would be happier, actually enjoy their job, and be more loyal and hardworking for a company that treats them with respect. I want to love this job. In theory I could love this job. But I was strongly asked to spend less time with my family to work more. How am I supposed to just deal with that. I'm already working from about 6:00am to 5:30pm and then work more in the evening and working some on weekends.

Feb 23, 2015Representative

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand and appreciate the need for work/life balance and just like any career; the balance is more easily attained with experience. We pride ... More