Paycom Reviews

Reset
4.0
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 13 reviews)

• That comes with being part of a rapidly growing company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 9 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 12 reviews)

Great company, co-workers, and income.

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Uncapped commissions, promotions are based upon performance. Product updates released on a monthly basis, top notch management team.

Cons

This job is not for everyone. You must be willing to give 100%. It is not a job, but a career commitment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the increasing incentive plans, training, and product enhancements. Give us more stock and equity plans. Continue the radio advertisements.

Growth to be excited about!

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Good working environment. Respect among peers. Good communication through senior management. Growing at a phenominal rate that will lead to tremendous opportunity for ambitious employees.

Cons

Heavy deadlines to meet customer needs. Growth has led to a lot of hiring. This has posed communication challenges to newer recruits.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction. Dynamic growth company. Continue to work hard to bring in team players to ensure we maintain a level of service to our client.

Incredible; I'm years ahead in experience and income from any of my college friends that are in sales. (5 1/2 yrs out)

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Been here 3 1/2 years. Its a very professional environment where people are committed and driven to succeed. Income in the second + year is very strong 6 figures. (higher than you are imagining) Training is way beyond just "how to sell".. goes deep into high level business and is weekly in office and travel to Quarterly. President's club, start contests, team / mgt support is all top notch. Clients love us and stay. No debt, cash rich, stable and stock shares. Year 2 and beyond is awesome..Gets much easier and much more income.

Cons

Not the place for salespeople without REAL goals... first of all, It is hard to get hired here. (perfect background checks, hard interviews etc) They are very clear about how hard the job is (especially first year).. b/c there is a HUGE amount to learn and while they are patient, they definitely don't tolerate negativity, or people who don't want to do the job; I had two senior reps my first year pull me aside and tell me to quit whining or get-out. (we're close friends now). There is some turnover of first year people, but much less than my previous job.. My manager IS young but very supportive and very experienced (4 successful years at the company)

Advice to Management

President's Club in Maui again PLEASE! Seriously, things are going great so keep it up. please continue the national radio spots on Satellite radio.

The best team atmosphere I've ever work in!!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in North Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

I had worked in corporate America for 4 year previous to joining Paycom. I was not unhappy at my previous job but just found myself in a dead end opportunity. I have been so pleased with my choice to join the Paycom family. The team here is so close and supportive. It is not an easy job but the training is very good. This is an organization I can see myself with for a long time.

Cons

The first year is challenging. Paycom hires the best reps so it is very competitive nation wide. You have to be on your game every week to be at the top.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you guys are doing. I love working at Paycom and the Chicago office is one of the best in the company!!!

Paycom Employees are passionate about growing the company and dominating the online payroll/hr market!

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

I joined Paycom because of where they are going, not where they have been!

Cons

communication between teams, family benefit cost

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in quality people and train them to be the best. Thank you for this awesome opportunity!

Paycom has been an amazing opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

I have been able to accomplish so much more here than I ever thought I could in all my years working. Paycom continues to grow my business knowledge and create new opportunities for me to get excited about! The management truly cares about my growth as an overall business person, not just about numbers I can produce.

Cons

At Paycom, you will work hard but rest assured you will be VERY well rewarded for your efforts! It is not an 8:00-5:00 job but no job worth doing ever is. And as always, sales is never an easy job.

Opportunity for success - work hard and it will pay off!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

We are growing and breaking new records almost every month. Lot's of training offered. Management really seems to care about employee well being. $1 health insurance for employees and $4 lunches (catered in from local restaurants). Free fitness center! I am fairly new, but every month at the employee luncheons they celebrate people being promoted along with birthday's and anniversary's. You get a rose for every year you have been here! Lot's of free goodies to keep the team spirit high! The CEO walks around and checks to see how people are doing. I enjoy going to work! Our Sales team is awesome to work with. They are some of the most professional people I have ever worked with. They know the product and want to make sure the customers are taken care of!

Cons

We are growing and breaking new records almost every month. With the growth there are always lots of changes and it is a very fast pace. It can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Keep people informed of changes and reasons why. Continue to celebrate the successes with us. Pay more for referrals. Shorten the company meetings.

Paycom is a fast growing company - it's where you want to be!

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is a great company to work for - we're growing fast and we're very cutting edge in everything we do. Paycom values teamwork, rewards hard work and has great career advancement opportunities. Our work culture is second to none - an on site cafe with delicious catered lunches which employees can purchase at a discounted rate, a full service gym to work off all those yummy lunches and a fantastic benefits package.

Cons

Paycom is fast paced - if that's not how you operate, look for an opportunity somewhere else.

I LOVE MY JOB

Current Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Advancement Opportunity Competitive Salary $4 Lunches Free Gym Great Training $1 Health Care for Employees Management Support Great Culture Employee's Have A Voice

Cons

Health Care for Families Could Be Better

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing. It's awesome to see how much we've grown in the short time that I have been here. I appreciate all of the time and effort put forth for the employees. It's a great thing knowing that I work for such an amazing company.

Paycom is a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is such a fun company to work for. They care about their employees. The atmosphere is overall very positive and everyone seems to enjoy their job.

Cons

The one con about Paycom is the interviewing process to get in. The application is lengthy and then you have to go through several different tests and interviews before the final decision is made.

RSS Feed </> Embed