Paycom Reviews

182 reviews filtered by
4.1
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 13 reviews)

• That comes with being part of a rapidly growing company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is poor, as my life began to revolve around the job (in 9 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 12 reviews)

1. Paycom Sales Team Review

Current Employee - Paycom Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Paycom Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My experience working for Paycom has been nothing but positive. My first experience was during the interview and recruitment process. I was incredibly excited at the prospect of working for such a respected company, but my decision to join the team was based primarily on my interviews. I can confidently say now that they never gave me anything but an honest review of the position, expectations and culture. The training program is unparalleled and focuses not just on the sales process and product training, but on developing true executive sales professionals which has proved invaluable in the field. Perhaps one of the most valuable aspects of working for Paycom is that I truly feel supported by my manager, regional director and colleagues nationwide. I've developed such amazing relationships with the other reps, particularly within my northeast region, and I love being able to reach out to other reps to get advice, strategize on accounts and ultimately guide one another towards success! Since beginning my career at Paycom 9 months ago, my income has more than tripled and I am finally working in a career where I can truly see the fruition of my hard work. Ultimately, Paycom is a wonderful company to work for if you are looking for a lucrative career, with dedicated leaders, and every opportunity for success. This company is honest throughout their entire process and the relationships you develop will be invaluable.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily state this as a negative as I fully believe success is directly related effort and dedication; however, there are times when the hours are long, particularly during the first 6 months. I can honestly say though that the rewards are well worth the extra hours.

I don't have any advice for upper management. I am continuously impressed at the devotion and strategic approach all executives at Paycom have to their team and company.

It's time to drink the Paycom kool aid!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

AWESOME training
    Top level C suite works to get to know you and train you
    Great opportunities to learn about all types of business
    Teaches you so much about networking, interacting with people, and selling

Cons

Definitely requires diligence and a good work ethic; this really isn't a con but I know some people see "hard work" and are deterred. If you are afraid of working hard, this is NOT the place for you (And you probably won't find much success anywhere else)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Paycom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great career development. The leadership is fantastic they are inspiring to work for. The role was not a fit for me but I would recommend Paycom to anyone. They also provide continuing education for all employees which is fantastic. I am confident they will continue to grow!

Cons

Not really a con but you must be self motivated to be successful. They provide the knowledge and resources you must execute.

Keep up the great work. I really feel the management at Paycom is fantastic and I loved working for them.

From an outside sales rep's perspective

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unlimited opportunity to be successful. Awesome training program - both new hire training and ongoing. Training doesn't only focus on selling and product knowledge but to self development and life lessons as well. Fun, energetic, work hard - play hard culture. Supportive management team and corporate resources. Company is big on employee appreciation and praise for a job well done. Congratulations emails get sent out for every sale you make and sometimes just for doing a great job or being a great leader in your office. Weekly company meetings for sales reps to celebrate their sales in front of the country and discuss how they did it. Needless to say, the compensation plan is very lucrative. Whatever your goal is you really do have the opportunity to reach it here.

Cons

Our sale is very complex. This is often what drives the best talent to our company because they are seeking that challenge or come from a similar background. However if you come from a sales industry that has a low involvement sales process or is a commodity/price driven sale this will not be a good fit for you.

As we continue to move up market, I think we have a lot of opportunity to create some new support roles that could add even more value to our service model.

Excellent company for highly motivated and confident sales reps!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

- Hands-on training and continuous development (weekly)
    - Opportunities for growth even at a young age
    - You get as much out of this job as you put in (great for the "go-getter" type)
    - Earn uncapped commission & great monthly incentives
    - Company has strong differentiation from other companies in the industry
    - Meet w/ business executives (CEO, CFO, CIO, etc)

Cons

Really no complaints ...
    - Minimal time-off

- Very happy w/ management – extremely available and approachable.

Paycom is the place to be!

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paycom has been monumental in helping me grow both personally and professionally. It's nice to go into work knowing you are truly valued. There are a lot of perks too! $1 insurance, a free gym and amazing events are just a few of the amazing things I've experienced.

Cons

PTO is hard the first year, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Excellent

Former Intern - Software Development Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Intern - Software Development Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great team, allowed overtime, catered lunches.

Cons

None really, but if your bosses are busy with current projects, it's sometimes hard to get direction.

Amazing!

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom has really changed my life and I couldnt be happier. Yes, the job can be "stressful" but thats life! The people are all amazing. I've grown so much in the last few years both professionally and personally. The money is amazing! So much opportunity and it just keeps getting better.

Cons

Fairly intense first year, but once you get through it its all worth it!

Paycom Response

Feb 24, 2015Representative

Thank you for your candid review of Paycom!

Excellent workplace and Lots to learn

Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom

Pros

I interned at Paycom in the summer and loved this place.
    The pay was good enough.
    The people were very friendly and I even got a full-time oppurtunity after my intership was over.
    The Luncheons and Code-A-Thon were very enjoyable.
    Nice Management as well and very good training programs.
    Many benefits including: $4 lunches, $1 health insurance, 401k matching and many others.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Great work.

I guess I've been drinking the koolaid

Current Employee - Payroll Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Payroll Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is easily the best in town. People are happy to be at work each day. Even during the busiest time of year, you'll still see smiling faces. That's because we know (at least those of us who have been around love enough to see it) that Paycom will take care of us. If something doesn't work, they fix it. We take frequent employee surveys and upper management actually listens. Seriously, I have the vacation time to prove it.

Cons

The end of the year is hard. There's no way around that. But, they are up front about that fact during the hiring process.

Never let our culture stop being a priority. The people at Paycom are the reason for its success.