Paycom Reviews

Reset
4.5
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 13 reviews)

• That comes with being part of a rapidly growing company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 9 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 12 reviews)

1. Great Opportunity and Experience / Advice

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity that Paycom gives you as a Sales Rep is amazing. You are strategically selling enterprise software to the c-level, managing complicated sales processes from prospecting all the way through to implementation in one of the most competitive markets out there. If you are successful at this, do you know how amazing that is!? And it's not like the company puts the carrot out there and hope that you get it. The Chief Sales Officer hands you over the formula for success and personally trains you on how to achieve it. Your manager will also put in as many extra hours as it takes to help you become the best you can be. Not every company has this much dedication to new rep training. Even after a year, every single day I learn something new or get better at SOMETHING. My colleagues both in my office and across the country are smart, determined people who challenge me to be the best version of myself. They bring me up. Then of course there's the compensation, the type of comp plan usually reserved for sales reps with 10 to 15 years on experience. Paycom gives you the opportunity to have a senior level sales salary as soon as you can make it. For most people that takes a year or so, but I've seen quite a few people do it in under a year. Other pros - Very clear expectations, very clear path for growth, employee stock purchase plan (15% off the stock), good health benefits, executive sales rep training once a quarter.

Cons

I am fine with the number of days off a year we get, but my con is not getting the approval to take a full week in a row off for PTO even when having the days and over quota for the year, or simply just not being able to get the approval until closer to the day off. Taking the full week of vacation is highly discouraged, and not being able to get the approval for days off in advance makes planning a vacation very stressful. This could be different office to office, but it's my only real CON for the job from a long-term perspective. I really hope this improves. The next item isn't a con, but it might feel like it for certain people. The first year as a sales rep is really hard, and it's because you are doing a hard job. You HAVE to be tough and push through, trusting that the hard work you are putting into the job will pay off and keeping your eye on the big picture. When it's hard, you have to take a step back and realize that if it you just keep moving forward, you will get better and the job will get easier. I put everything into this job my first year, and I am starting to reap the rewards - Great work/life balance, great pay, and a great life.

Advice to Management

The culture at Paycom is amazing, and you've done an amazing job of establishing this culture from the top down. Continue to embrace ideas of change from the bottom up. Take suggestions for improvements as compliments: a ton of people who care so much about Paycom that they are trying to make it the best it could possibly be.

2. Great company, managers leave something to be desired

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers who are passionate about the work and fun to work with. Decent pay. Beautiful campus. Fun luncheons and perks.

Cons

Certain members of the management team in PSD are horrible. They don't know how much work the specialists and team leaders have to do. They don't appreciate the work that specialists do and that's clear in the way they interact with us. Nothing is ever good enough.

Advice to Management

Reassess who you have in leadership positions. How can you lead a group of people if you are clearly not a people person? You have the best group of employees possible, but they are being chased away by some terrible leaders. Move bad managers to positions that are more fitting for them...require less interaction with people. People don't quit their jobs they quit their boss.

3. Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Income potential is amazing. Tiered salary.... as you achieve particular sales metrics your base increases to 80k, 90k, 100k then 120k. Commissions can be amazing if you are successful.

Cons

Zero work life balance. Beginning of the week is mandatory in office, then Friday afternoon is a sales call that starts at 4:15 p.m. (to make sure you spend every last minute in the office). Very high pressure sales. If you don't meet your quota, expect your base salary to drop.... if you consistently don't meet it then except to be fired.

Paycom

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company takes care of employees. Growing company

Cons

High work load. No time off

Advice to Management

Hire more people

6. So happy to be a member of the Paycom team!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, culture, and company. I have work-life balance, and I can be as involved as I choose with after work activities they offer (such as bowling league, free gym, yoga, golf club, etc). Friendly people, and opportunity for growth - I also believe that our product is awesome, and it gives me that "feel good vibe" knowing that we are helping other companies and their employees.

Cons

Only con I can think of is that we are growing so fast that there is construction on our second gym and 3rd building- I can't keep my car clean on the outside from the construction dust and Oklahoma wind!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I am a happy camper!

Earn it

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job as an outside sales rep at Paycom. After years as a sales manager in other industries, I feel so fulfilled in a position where I can be competitive in a fun team environment, and where I know the hard work I put in will pay off. I believe strongly in a meritocracy, and love the passion and dedication of the people I work with.

Cons

It does take some time to become successful- you need to be open and committed to intense and ongoing training, be willing to put some time into building your own base and your reputation, and have faith that this company will honestly reward you more with every day of honest, loyal and earnest performance.

8. This Company is Special!

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You know it the minute you meet your sales team, manager and start training that this is something different. For a long time I had looked for a company that could develop me as a professional and help me in building financial success. That was very hard to find, so when I saw the culture and success at Paycom I knew it was a special place! I just finished training and can say that sales training at Paycom is elite, think of it as the Harvard of Sales. Chief Sales Officer, Jeff York and Director of Sales Training, Jessica Melo are an inspiration! And I'm so happy I am part of the Paycom team. Wish I would have made the change sooner!

Cons

Training was so great! Wish it was longer so we could absorb more!

Advice to Management

Give Jess a pat on the back! She is priceless.

Paycom Response

Aug 11, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for the review. We agree, Jess is phenomenal! Best of luck to you!

9. Excellent Executive Program

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

If you are a goal oriented and highly motivated person, this job could be a fantastic position for you. I wake up every day excited to join my team at work. The salary is great, and the commission structure is unmatched by most. Honestly I am confident I will be making more 6 figures in my first year. There are also so many great ways to grow at Paycom.

Cons

This job is challenging. If you are not someone who is willing to put in work to be successful then don't bother applying.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing an awesome job! I would suggest that they continue to expand around the country and attract even more executives for the sales force!

Great company to work for, if you're willing to put in the hard work!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

Pros

The culture is amazing. You work hard and at times long hours but everyone is genuinely happy to be there, helping our customers. The salary and the earning potential is insane; it really pushes you to do your best and work hard. I love the location; love my new city.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the focus of the company it's workforce and it's commitment to serving our clients at a very high rate of customer care and being of value to them.

Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

I don't know of another company that provides the opportunity to create massive amounts of success as quickly as you can at Paycom. There are very seldom companies that will compensate you on the level that Paycom will. The culture of the company is also incredible. Offices and corporate alike are constantly motivating us sales reps to succeed at an amazing level and providing the leadership to do so. Corporate executives are also personally involved in the training of new reps.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but be prepared to learn a vast amount of information on HR, Payroll, Health Benefits, ACA, and Finance in a very short period of time. Don't worry though, there is weekly on-going training on every aspect of the company and our product.

RSS Feed </> Embed