Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros:
  • "The company is growing every year and you can move up into a management role fairly quickly"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Amazing base salary and commission structure"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sales reps that care only about overselling and not knowing the system"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Just as in any job that you want to be successful in, it takes hard work and dedication"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company

I have been working at Paycom

ProsGreat compensation! Hard work and results focused but it is a great job.

ConsNot very good on vacation time. You accrue it over time and there are times in the year that you are not allowed to take vacation.
Also, not very good as far as car allowance and cell phone allowance.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease comp to cover car expenses and cell phone

Churn & Burn

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Lewisville, TX

I worked at Paycom

ProsFair Commissions, Excellent benefits, definite ability to move up into management, lots of incentives like President's club trips etc.,

ConsYoung, unknowledgable management, growing pains, ridiculous amount of cold calling and burned territories, lots and lots and lots of turnover despite what they tell you in the ridiculous 5 step interview process

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit promoting people so quickly! They might be great at sales, and horrid at leadership... it only leads to their getting fired and their team getting screwed.

Neutral

I have been working at Paycom

ProsDecent pay for people with little experience

ConsNeed better interviewing process for future employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNeutral

Not bad for 21 year olds

I have been working at Paycom

ProsNice office, people are mostly friendly. The benefit package for single people without children is very nice.

ConsThe pay is minimal for college graduates. One can make more money at any retail store without a degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less money on snacks, and more money on employees.

Paycom Is A Company You Want To Come Work For

ProsGrowing Company
Cares For Its Employees
Advancement Opportunity For Some Posiions
Decent Health Care Coverage For Single Persons ($1)
Exceptional Training for Sales and Most Operations Staff

ConsHealth Care for Dependents is High
Some Departments Work Long Hours (Recruitment) and Do Not Get Compensated

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep On Doing What You're Doing! All in all this company is a great place to work. There is a great leader in charge. A couple of senior managers aren't really management material. Look at how you are compensating your employees. If it is required that an employee must work more than 40 hours a week they should be compensated in some way for the extra work that they are doing. Don't ever take your employees for granted and know that they are excited about the opportunity ahead for them and the company.

Paycom is a great place to work if you want to work hard! Hard work=LOTS OF MONEY!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom

ProsPaycom is a great place to work because you get a good base salary plus a very generous commission structure. It is very easy to make 70k+ your very first year. One big sale could mean 30k plus in commisions. Everytime you make it to another benchmark your base goes up by 10-20k!

ConsThis job requires you to work more than your normal 8-5. If you want to rake in the big bucks expect to work at night and on the weekends on proposals. If you are a true salesperson you won't mind though!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that your employees are not becoming disengaged. Some people can't handle the work load so managers should notice asap and figure out how to fix it or hire someone new!

Great company, co-workers, and income.

Sales (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom

ProsUncapped commissions, promotions are based upon performance. Product updates released on a monthly basis, top notch management team.

ConsThis job is not for everyone. You must be willing to give 100%. It is not a job, but a career commitment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the increasing incentive plans, training, and product enhancements. Give us more stock and equity plans. Continue the radio advertisements.

Growth to be excited about!

I have been working at Paycom

ProsGood working environment. Respect among peers. Good communication through senior management. Growing at a phenominal rate that will lead to tremendous opportunity for ambitious employees.

ConsHeavy deadlines to meet customer needs. Growth has led to a lot of hiring. This has posed communication challenges to newer recruits.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving in the right direction. Dynamic growth company. Continue to work hard to bring in team players to ensure we maintain a level of service to our client.

FIRED for background check

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Paycom

ProsRoom for growth, nice co-workers, good commission potential, good product, training was done well, i just don't know about the senior management.

ConsGot FIRED for failing a background check one week after hire. I had a minor possession of alcohol ticket in college and a marijuana pipe conviction when I was 15 as a juvenile. In CO this is a petty offense. Give me a break HR, these are slap on the wrist crimes. People change from when they are 15. This is not the FBI. Senior management does not care about employees and would not even listen to an explanation. Sorry paycom but you missed out on a good employee. BAD senior management and corporate structure that screw you over for NO reason. Also, interview process is horrible, CANVASSING session??? horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for your employees as individuals not numbers. Look at how people do canvassing session, not just to see they hit 3 appointments or not. Look past the numbers senior management.

Incredible; I'm years ahead in experience and income from any of my college friends that are in sales. (5 1/2 yrs out)

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom

ProsBeen here 3 1/2 years. Its a very professional environment where people are committed and driven to succeed. Income in the second + year is very strong 6 figures. (higher than you are imagining) Training is way beyond just "how to sell".. goes deep into high level business and is weekly in office and travel to Quarterly. President's club, start contests, team / mgt support is all top notch. Clients love us and stay. No debt, cash rich, stable and stock shares. Year 2 and beyond is awesome..Gets much easier and much more income.

ConsNot the place for salespeople without REAL goals... first of all, It is hard to get hired here. (perfect background checks, hard interviews etc) They are very clear about how hard the job is (especially first year).. b/c there is a HUGE amount to learn and while they are patient, they definitely don't tolerate negativity, or people who don't want to do the job; I had two senior reps my first year pull me aside and tell me to quit whining or get-out. (we're close friends now). There is some turnover of first year people, but much less than my previous job.. My manager IS young but very supportive and very experienced (4 successful years at the company)

Advice to Senior ManagementPresident's Club in Maui again PLEASE! Seriously, things are going great so keep it up. please continue the national radio spots on Satellite radio.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 102 reviews posted anonymously by Paycom employees.