Paycom Reviews

Paycom = Amazing

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom is a truly amazing place to work. I thoroughly enjoy being a part of a team that fosters continuous growth and personal development. We are a growing company and our leadership has the mentality of "A rising tide lifts all ships." They make me feel very valuable and fulfilled in my career. I feel so lucky to be a part of the Paycom team.

Cons

Since I have to put a con, I would say that there are complexities to a growing company. Specifically change. Paycom experiences a lot of change (which I think is a great thing) and you have to develop the skill of being very adept and open to change.

Incredible Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't usually take the time to write reviews but I am one that likes to read other peoples reviews on restaurants, products, services, ect so I felt the need to write one on my experience here at Paycom. I have been a sales rep for Paycom for 3+ years and it has been an incredible journey for me. I came from a medical sales job where I didn't see a future with much opportunity so I started looking elsewhere. Well Paycom was the best decision I have ever made in my career.... I started as a sales rep and then quickly moved up to an Executive Sales rep (the next tier) making well over 100k my first year with commission. I now have a 100K base, plus commission, and have doubled what I made in my last job and continue to exceed my personal and professional goals. Not only is Paycom great as far as your potential in earnings but they also provide so many different avenues for you to continue to grow and be promoted. I can't say enough great things about the possibilities here at Paycom.

Cons

This one is hard because I really love it and feel like Paycom does so many things right, but the biggest thing would be the PTO.. I wish we got more days off based on tenure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have never felt more supported from upper management and felt like they truly have every single employees best interest. This is so hard to find in a mid size and growing company.

Jul 24, 2015 – Representative

As stated, we are here to support you and each of our employees. Based on feedback, we added to our PTO policy and additional time-off is accrued based on certain lengths of service. We are happy to ... More

Paycom Specialist

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, random events for employees, fun and engaging work culture, room for growth. Free access to Yoga, boot camp and gym facilities. Constant training. Great appraisal system. Catered lunches for $4.

Cons

PTO is slim your first year, also you put in overtime certain times in the year. That could be a pro for some people.

Advice to Management

Develop a growth plan for Team Support Specialists and Admins.

5. So happy to be a member of the Paycom team!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, culture, and company. I have work-life balance, and I can be as involved as I choose with after work activities they offer (such as bowling league, free gym, yoga, golf club, etc). Friendly people, and opportunity for growth - I also believe that our product is awesome, and it gives me that "feel good vibe" knowing that we are helping other companies and their employees.

Cons

Only con I can think of is that we are growing so fast that there is construction on our second gym and 3rd building- I can't keep my car clean on the outside from the construction dust and Oklahoma wind!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I am a happy camper!

Best decision I've ever made

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working at Paycom a little over a year ago. When I was contacted by a recruiter about making the switch from my (previous) company, I was extremely hesitant because of the success I was having in my second year there. After a phone call with the recruiter, and what seemed to be an opportunity as many would describe as almost "too good to be true", I went into the local Paycom office to interview with the sales manager. My interview experience was phenomenal all the way through the final interview I had with the Chief Sales Officer which all played a factor in my decision making to leave a place where I worked for over two years to join a growing office in an entirely different industry. I could not be happier with my choice. The culture at Paycom is unlike anything I see from any friends or family members' places of work which stems from senior leadership. It's talked about all of the time that executing on your goals should ultimately lead you to having a full, abundant life. You can absolutely have a work-life balance and accomplish anything you ever dreamed of doing. Paycom is a company that rewards you on your results. There are no politics in the company whatsoever - it is entirely based around fairness to provide every single person the exact same opportunity as anyone else. Fast career growth is possible - but up to YOU to make it happen. The compensation that is discussed during interviews is very real and unheard of at other companies.

Cons

Like any sales position, this is not an 8-5 type of position. Be prepared for some days with later hours and additional work you'll have to do from home. You can absolutely have a work life balance, however there will be times that you are going to have more things on your plate requiring your attention in order to get everything done. I guarantee every second of work you put in is an investment to your future and will be well worth it in the end.

Jul 24, 2015 – Representative

Wow, we are so glad to read that Paycom has had such a resoundingly positive impact on your life. You're right in that everyone can make what they want out of their career here. They sky is the ... More

Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

I don't know of another company that provides the opportunity to create massive amounts of success as quickly as you can at Paycom. There are very seldom companies that will compensate you on the level that Paycom will. The culture of the company is also incredible. Offices and corporate alike are constantly motivating us sales reps to succeed at an amazing level and providing the leadership to do so. Corporate executives are also personally involved in the training of new reps.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but be prepared to learn a vast amount of information on HR, Payroll, Health Benefits, ACA, and Finance in a very short period of time. Don't worry though, there is weekly on-going training on every aspect of the company and our product.

Great company to work for, if you're willing to put in the hard work!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

Pros

The culture is amazing. You work hard and at times long hours but everyone is genuinely happy to be there, helping our customers. The salary and the earning potential is insane; it really pushes you to do your best and work hard. I love the location; love my new city.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the focus of the company it's workforce and it's commitment to serving our clients at a very high rate of customer care and being of value to them.

Review from Tenured Employee

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, tremendous opportunity for advancement, highly compensated, great leadership, best software in the industry, customers are the number one priority, proud to stand behind the service model, even prouder to stand behind the product, supportive management team, employee stock purchase plan, top of the line training program, invests in their employees development and skill set, employee recognition, surrounded by hard working individuals at every department level, sense of respect among colleagues and for upper management, great culture for such a large organization - still has a small business feel which is refreshing.

Cons

Normal growth pains, tightly managed processes that can be limiting to employees, at times can seem like there is a lack of trust among or across departments.

Advice to Management

Gain more feedback from both the sales and support roles to help improve processes even more. Paycom does a great job focusing on providing the best to it's clients despite internal challenges that come with successful growth. Very lucky to work for this company and would recommend it to anyone.

Jul 24, 2015 – Representative

We are lucky to have you as well!

You + Motivation = Success

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom offers all sales representatives first class training and support from the moment you are hired. Corporate and pre-corporate training sessions are second to none and pack almost an entire business degree in to a one-month training course. It is the goal of Jeff York to become the #1 B2B sales force in the world and we are on the cusp of accomplishing this goal. I personally was hired directly out of college with zero sales experience and in one month was fully prepared to meet and level set with C-Levels executives of companies with anywhere from 100-2500 employees. This training and preparation will have you prepared to accomplish great things and the support along the way from your leaders and peers is phenomenal. As I have grown as a rep, so has Paycom. As our industry continues to grow Paycom is constantly updating our product to make sure the we have the best solution in the industry and that we are experts in our field. After 3 years with the company Paycom has provided me with amazing financial, business and personal growth opportunities. I have been promoted, I have been to President's Club, I have earning 5 times my initial salary in only my third year of work, I have bought a new car, I have bought a house, I have taken trips to exotic locations and I owe it all to my success at Paycom. There is truly no ceiling to your potential here. This job is not easy and will challenge you every single day in different ways. If you have the mental capacity and perseverance to make it through the initial roller coaster, the job gets easier and easier along the way and your earning potential grows with you. The job is hard but you must be harder, and you will be compensated appropriately.

Cons

This job is not for the faint of heart. In order to be successful in your first year you will need to work harder, smarter and more passionately than your peers and competitors. Your training is top both and you will be prepared to sell immediately. Because of that, we expect results immediately. There is a bit of a "baptism by fire" approach to this job but if you can weather the storm and make it through the initial trials and tribulations, your persistence will be greatly rewarded. Do not let it slip away.

Advice to Management

Continue to emphasize new hire trainings and preparation. With such exponential growth in such a small amount of time I see how this could become a struggle but it appears that we have a strong grip on this issue and it shows with the success of our new hires. Continue to emphasize positive sales office culture. This is a strong suit for us and it is hard to promote a positive culture in offices that do not get to see the amazing things that happen sat corporate every single day. Our office culture is amazing and we truly feel like a family.

Jul 24, 2015 – Representative

Thanks to amazing leadership and individuals like yourself, we are well on our way to being recognized as the best B2B sales force in the country!

Paycom is a Life Changer

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training - they have developed a great training program. Paycom gives you every tool you need to succeed. Great environment - Paycom's work environment is amazing. I love coming to work and knowing that I am valued and needed in this process. The people I work with are also pretty amazing. Limitless success - You determine your future at Paycom. You can be as successful as you choose to be. Growth - Paycom is a rapidly growing company and the opportunity to move up in the company is available if you are willing to work for it.

Cons

Growth - With any growth there are growing pains so it is hard to call this a con.

RSS Feed </> Embed