Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros
  • Amazing base salary and commission structure (in 10 reviews)

• If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing opportunity with young, rapidly growing company

Dallas sales rep (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros-Very high earning potential. Actually kind of crazy how real the money is
    -Training is top priority. CSO Jeff York is a consummate business leader and sales professional. Very hands on for a top executive. Trainings happen two to three times weekly, as they are always trying to make you better. Dallas manager Glen Love has been instrumental in my success, and he actually cares about making you better.
    -Sell a superior product. Makes the job easier, and you can sleep easy when you truly believe in the product you sell. Let's just say that if I ever got fired, I could never work for another HRIS vendor.
    -By far the most tenured support team for implementation and ongoing support. Puts your mind at ease that your clients are well taken care of.
    -Just went public in April 2014. Execs are nothing short of genius. Excellent business plan and strategy. Extremely proactive in growth initiatives.
    -Close team atmosphere. Great learning from tenured reps.

I feel very lucky to be working for Paycom.

ConsOffice is in Lewisville near 121 and I-35. I live in Dallas so it's a bit of a drive, and I'm in the office for some part of Monday Tuesday and Friday.

Given the resources provided, I have found that you are only limited by what you put into it. I work about 45 hours per week, and I'm above plan. It's not difficult if you follow instructions and execute the processes set forth by CSO Jeff York. The process works. I will say this--there's a steep learning curve. If you aren't willing to put your nose to the grindstone until you learn the sales process and the product, this may not be a good fit. Also, do not bother applying for Paycom if you think you have a the greatest sales methodology of all time, and aren't willing to learn and adapt. Lastly, you're going to fail and fall flat on your face some at the beginning. If that bothers you, again, maybe not a good fit.

After being here a year, I would estimate that about 90% of turnover happens in the first year. If you can tough it out, you'll be rewarded with ridiculous compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems like if I start thinking of something that could be better, that thing is improved before I have said anything to anyone. Corporate culture is strong, and each department of the business seems obsessed with being the gold standard for the industry. Most of the execs wealth is tied up in Paycom equity, so they have every reason in the world to be fully committed to the long-term success of the business. Paycom is awesome. If you're thinking of applying, do it.

My experience at Paycom has been amazing thus far. My manager is very helpful and I love my team!

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe money is great! Good culture and the people in management here seem to really care which is so rare.

ConsI guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con... I really don't have any true cons though.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing is that I would say some new people need more training if they don't have any b2b experience.

A place YOU can choose to make yourself successful

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsFinally a work environment where being successful, working hard and being positive about the possibility of the future is not only accepted but fostered. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, anyone that wants to step up can step up and you will experience growth and reward for doing so.

ConsIf you don't find the idea of hunting and the thrill of the close, which will ultimately push you way beyond the comfort zone you thought you lived in, you will likely not be happy here. It's tough to embrace that and to take risks when closing down a deal BUT once you learn to do that....how fun and exhilarating the whole sales process becomes!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue placing value in sales rep development - both professionally and personally- by sponsoring trainings and opportunities for continued learning

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFirst and foremost, the leadership here at Paycom is why this company is so successful and why the culture is truly one of a kind. You can tell a lot about a company by the way they treat their employees and at Paycom employees are not only highly compensated for their work but are also highly valued and you really see that with all of the tools, training program, and support that the company offers. You are given immense opportunity for upward mobility and success. I have been able to accomplish financial goals, career goals and other personal goals in far less time than many of my friends and family have in their entire career. I am very grateful for that!

ConsAs in any sales job, it's important that you not only have a strong work ethic but that you are also able to have a strong mental state. Some days you will be the hero and some days will not go your way so it's important that you can balance the highs and lows and keep a positive mindset. This career is certainly not for the faint of heart - you must be strong willed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintaining the direct support as the company continues to grow.

So happy to be at Paycom!

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsPaycom has been such a wonderful place to work and I can't imgaine being anywhere else! The opportunity they give to Sales Reps to make money and get promoted are great! If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back! All of the upper management members truly care about each rep's success and spend their personal time training all new reps that start working here. The culture and environment at Paycom is great- it truly feels like your colleagues are your family members. It seems like every week Paycom is growing and doing things to enhance the business. I have been here for over 3 years currently and can't wait to see what is in store for this great company over the next 3 years!

ConsThere are really not a lot of negatives with this job. Just be prepared to work longer hours than 9 to 5, and lots of miles will be put on your car if you are in outside sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a little more vacation time :-)

Paycom Response

May 23, 2014Representative

We look forward to watching you continue to grow over the next three years as well. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about working in sales at Paycom.

The most Complacent and Gratifying place to work!

Marketing Database Administrative (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsTHE BEST work environment, GYM (open on weekends) boot camps/Zumba, tasty catered lunches for only $4(Qdoba, Interurban, Sophabellas, Swadley's), $1 health care, beautiful building, optional training offered throughout each month, growing company with so much room for personal and professional growth!

ConsHonestly, compared to all my other jobs i cannot think of a single con here at Paycom.

Great Sales Career

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe Paycom culture is exciting and energetic. There is plenty of room to grow and the benefits are great!

ConsHard work and long hours, but it's worth it!

Challenging but fair.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. World class training. Room for improvement. Do not apply if you need constant guidance. Takes a certain kind of independent spirit and a ton of motivation to do this job. Not for the faint of heart.

ConsThe PTO is limited the first year of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, doing a great job and still improving.

True Professional

Outside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) DFW, TX

ProsPaycom has provided me the opportunity to truly reach my full potential and I'm very fortunate to be working for such an amazing company. Working for Paycom has definitely opened my eyes up to what a true professional is and they have shaped me to be better overall. They have a world class training program and also managers who lead by example and care about making each and every person successful.

ConsI can't say that I have any cons regarding the position or Paycom. Everyone has been extremely helpful from day one, so I definitely have no complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to instill hard work and professionalism from the top down.

Amazing opportunity if your ready to be coachable, work hard, and dedicate yourself

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros- Amazing base salary and commission structure. Up to 42% on your sales!
     - Great personal development. They truly care about a good work life balance
     - Very structured growth plan and you always will know where you stand

Cons- You better be nimble because things change fast
    - Post sales training lacks but they've gotten better to fix it

Advice to Senior Management- Keep being picky with your top performers and where you put them in management roles

Paycom Response

May 12, 2014Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your work experience as a Paycom Sales Representative. We are glad you're seeing the added support we are putting towards continuing education for ... More

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!