Paycom Reviews

Amazing Place to Work!!!

Current Employee - Administrative Database Management in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Administrative Database Management in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has a beautiful, new headquarters in OKC where I live and work. Getting a job with Paycom over a year ago has been the best thing for me. I have great co-workers, awesome benefits and an important job that makes me feel like I'm part of the team. These are some of the great things you can look forward to when working for Paycom; health benefits are THE BEST, vacation, sick leave, FMLA and company celebrations along with giveaways.

Cons

I have worked here for over a year now and I have no cons to working for this company. They have worked along with me to make sure this is a good fit for myself as well as for them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You have made this a wonderful place to work and I enjoy being a Paycom employee!

Paycom is an AWESOME place to work!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is an amazing, growing company that gives you all that you can ask for in a sales career!! From day one you are given all of the tools to be successful. The training program is very good and the continued knowledge that you gain in business is unmatchable. The compensation is very good as well. Great base salary for a 'sales' job and an even better commission structure. The sky is truly the limit with the ability to make well over 100K with an uncapped incentive program!! There is also a ton of recognition with annual sales trips to places such as Puerto Rico and Maui!! You can't find that in most companies these days!! The leadership is great and they believe in promoting from within!! I am so glad that I can say I am a part of the Paycom Team!!

Cons

Payroll sales is not easy and not for everyone! Just as in any job that you want to be successful in, it takes hard work and dedication. The first year is tough because there is so much to learn. It is not a job for someone that just wants to scoot by. Paycom hires the best so be prepared to learn, listen, and work hard every day!!

Advice to Management

Paycom is a great company so keep doing what you are doing!! Keep up the recognition and the compensation!! Can't wait till Maui!!!

If you are driven and looking for a great opportunity, Paycom is the place!!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The Tampa office has a great culture and team environment, we are more like family than co-workers -The opportunity to make a 6 figure income is very attainable, the commission structure is the highest I have seen out there. -Love the ability to move into management so quickly if you have proven yourself -Every day is different so you are never bored -Constant contests to motivate and keep things fun!!

Cons

-You have to be willing to work hard -Need to enjoy a fast paced environment -Need to want a true "Hunter" position

Advice to Management

I love the constant training we receive across the company, it helps us sharpen our sales skills. Continue all the great product development.

Current Tampa Sales Executive gives thumbs up!

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! The value of the experience and knowledge you gain from this position is priceless. You must be driven, goal oriented and competitive. I have been with the company for over 3 years and have seen my level of executive skills and income triple...! Intelligent leadership and overall a fun work environment! Very rewarding, with trips to Sedona and Puerto Rico for Presidents Club.

Cons

If you are looking for an average 9 to 5 job...this is probably not for you. Must like to be engaged, enjoy challenge and being rewarded for your success. Those who believe in creating their own success and value unlimited earning potential and advancement opportunity will do well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Executive Training and product development! It is very motivating to work for a company that can adjust to the demands of the market and offer a superior product than the competitors!

Living the Dream

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is such an exciting time to be a part of Paycom! Not only do I whole heartedly believe that we offer the best solution for our clients, but I love being able to much such a positive impact and enhance the way that companies operate. Our product is the best, our culture is phenomenal, and I have never found a sales organization so dedicated to the success, training, and support of their sales team. I love being a part of the Paycom family.

Cons

There really aren't many cons. As long as you are a hard worker and willing to dedicate yourself to success, you can chart your own course.

Never thought I'd find a career - Paycom has given that to me

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a young professional, it's easy to be jaded and think you'll go job to job and never find a passion. Paycom has been a place where I've grown both personally and professionally - I'm lucky to say that I've found my true career path and couldn't be happier than where I am now. How many other people can call their team and coworkers family? I certainly can...I feel world's ahead of my friends because of the life experience I get every day being in the field.

Cons

If you're wanting a job where you can play on facebook most of the day..this wouldn't be the best fit for you. Like anything worth achieving, a career here requires hard work, passion and a solid work ethic. We wouldn't be compensated in the way we are if it didn't require brain power - and that's not for everyone!

Advice to Management

Your vision inspires me....thank you for being a guiding force and reminding us of the great places we are headed!

Paycom-Worth it!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is an amazing place to start and CONTINUE your career in sales. I never thought my first 'job' out of college (now 2 1/2 years with the company) would turn into a long term career. The St. Louis office is VERY supportive of each other! We have friendly competitions on a weekly/monthly basis with prizes ranging from gift cards to a night out on the town! I love how there is always something new to look forward to: Your next big sale/big commission check, President's Club (Maui this year) or even a new car! Paycom is THE place to be if you are willing to dedicate yourself to an amazing company.

Cons

No Cons here for me. For others, make sure you are ready to hit the ground running. This is not a 9-5, but work every minute!

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to make us better!

This is the hardest work you'll ever love

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

There are too many pros to list, so we will just start with these: Opportunity to advance your career and knowledge base Being able to actually enjoy coming to work Trips to Maui, Puerto Rico, Sedona, etc Earnings and Compensation Dedicated leadership

Cons

Not for someone who wants a desk job Requires hard work Will force you to balance multiple tasks Must have a strong prospecting mentality Not a traditional 8-5 job Not for someone who just wants a "job"

Advice to Management

Continue your support and your staff will walk through walls for you!

Lots of work, but I'm really enoying it.

Current Employee - Paycom Sales in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Sales in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Rewarding -You are in charge of most of your schedule, you must be a self starter -Great Pay -Everyone wants you to succeed -The harder you work the better you get at it -I am exhausted, but it feels so worth it

Cons

-Lots of hours. -It's harder when you first start. You have to get through it and believe that your work will pay off -Less free time. You have to manage time well

Executive Sales Rep, At Paycom Since 2005 -- "Challenging, Yet Rewarding"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paycom is a really amazing, dynamic company! Since I started as a sales rep in 2005, there have been so many changes. We've grown from about 50 employees up to over 600 employees. Everything does move very fast paced, here, and we do only want people who are self-motivated, capable, and adaptable to help us all be successful! There are more opportunities at Paycom than any other company I've known. It is the most challenging yet rewarding job I have been fortunate enough to find. The job I had before this one cannot even compare. You have to be a positive and competitive person to exceed in sales here; you have to welcome a challenge to make it at any position here at Paycom. The great part is, they do give you the tools you need to be successul! It's up to you to do it. Our industry in general is constantly changing, and it affects every company in the U.S.A. in a big way! I'm proud to be a part of one of the largest and fastest growing business service solutions in the United States. Every company out there has a mission, and we help them accomplish that mission by streamlining the backend of their operations, keeping them in compliance, and allowing them to spend more time on more mission critical activities. Paycom invests a lot of energy into keeping all our employees trained on the constant changes in our industry, on new legislation, new developments to our product, how to do our jobs better, and how to help our clients accomplish their goals. I can't tell you how much I've learned and grown with Paycom, and how I really consider the great people I work with family.

Cons

When I say that working at Paycom is a challenge, I'm not kidding. We want to be the best, so there's no room for dead weight. It may sound harsh, but what I mean is, we're not looking for average. We're not looking for someone who just wants a paycheck but doesn't want to work a lot for it. You have to be willing to learn. This is not an industry where once you get through initial training, you know it all. No one knows it all, because it's always changing. Every time a new law comes out, every time current laws change, we have to be ready for it. It's a very complicated industry, and you have to be willing to change a long with it. You're experience with Paycom is going to be governed by how you react to this enviroment. The right people are willing to work hard and are going to step up to the plate and get ready for any curve balls that may be thrown at you. If you are that type of person, you will be successful at Paycom and enjoy the rewards that follow.

Advice to Management

Keep adding the new developments! It makes it more exciting every time I can call someone and tell them about something new! I love it!

RSS Feed </> Embed