Paycom Reviews

192 reviews filtered by

Leaving a job I like, to work for Paycom

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Prior to Paycom, I had worked about 4 years at a company that I somewhat enjoyed. The workload was manageable, the pay wasn't terrible, and the flex time/work schedule was awesome.
    Unfortunately, I was at a point in my life that I promised I would never get to- Mediocrity.
    I would wake up, drag myself to the office, work my tail off, receive no recognition, and then convince myself at night "Well, it could be worse".

The first time I arrived in the Paycom parking lot, it was clear that this was a completely different ballgame.
    People were happy to be working... (weird, I know)

I started in Paycom in 2014, and yes the pay is great, the benefits are great, catered lunches, but I think the biggest selling point is the employees.
    I have never been at a place where people in completely different departments interact as a working community. Somehow it seems that everyone knows each other, and they are always happy to see each other in passing.

I now have a career where I can actually see my work pay off. I am rewarded and recognized for my success.

I was able to rely on my team for advice and tips while getting started. There wasn't the whole "awkward stage" of getting to know everyone and developing team chemistry before you can feel like you belong - It seems like they were happy to have me on the team, and immediately welcomed me in.

I seriously wake up in the morning looking forward to the day. Even on days where required to work late, I drive home with a smile because of how much I DON'T hate my job.
    ... and then when you think it couldn't get better, your department randomly throws an awesome team lunch or something.

If you love personal drama- you will probably hate Paycom.
    If you are looking for a job where you can shop online or play solitaire all day... you're going to have a bad time.

Cons

Hard work- Occasional long hours (based on department)
    - I was spoiled with a flexible schedule at my previous employer.

Do you want to be a successful sales rep?

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Challenging
    - Professional - high level sales
    - Not for the weak
    - Amazing training
    - Promote on talent not tenure
    - Great ramp up period to build your pipeline
    - Amazing marketing team who works with the sales team
    - Great compensation at Exec. Rep level
    - Your not selling just a tangible item, your selling an item that affects not only the company, but the employees and their families.

This is truly a high level, executive sales position. You have to be prepared for long hours, a lot of work, and to be able to push your self farther then you ever have before. If you can do that - success in your professional and personal life is just around the corner! Also, the long hours don't last forever! You truly just have to get over the new rep hump!

Cons

-Limited management training program
    -Sick and Vacation time
    -No COL adjustment

Advice to Management

Managers need a stronger management training program to be better prepared for it, not just thrown in. They all turn out to be very successful, but I think with more up front training it would help with the lag time.

BTW - Paycom didn't force me to write this review. They ask all their employees to share their experience with friends, family, and on social media if they feel comfortable. Glassdoor is a great tool to find out about companies and I thought it was very important that people know the great things at Paycom. You are truly in charge of your own success, but it won't be easy to get. I am a true believer that success is sweeter when you have to fight for it.

Paycom Response

Dec 10, 2014Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience and letting us know about your concerns. We are placing an emphasis on additional training for all leaders within the organization ... More

Best culture, compensation, and long-term career growth potential!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Compensation and benefits are beyond competitive.
    Team environment
    Ability to grow within the company and be promoted quickly based on performance.

Cons

I don't currently have any cons for Paycom. If you work hard you will succeed. If you thrive on goal-based achievement then Paycom is the right choice.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees- you do a great job of implementing changes when necessary and acknowledging requests, even if action can't be taken at that time.

Moving on up

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are so many things to like about Paycom. A few I can think of are:

-Each position has a defined track of development. You're never left with a question of when your next raise is coming- it is all laid out for you. Advancement is based on productivity, not seniority.
    -Great benefits. Employees pay $1 for health insurance. If you have a family, they have tiered options from which to choose your health benefits to make it more affordable.
    -Fun activities! We have a yearly fall festival to the pumpkin patch, Santa comes to corporate, and National Payroll Week is a blast!
    - Paycom also generously gives to the community. I won't work for a company that won't give.

Cons

Holidays are our busiest time. Being a customer focused organization, we have to make sure we are here for our customers. That means little time off at the end of the year. Most employees are able to earn overtime to get additional money during that time though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to look at benefits and vacation.

Blessed to be working for such an AMAZING company!!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

I have been at Paycom for right at 1 year and I have never felt more appreciated in my role. This company truly does value their employees. If you like to be rewarded for your hard work than Paycom is the right company for you. I have high expectations for my career path and those expectations can finally be met with a company like this! The training that Paycom offered blew me away! Our very own CSO conducted the corporate training; I learned more from the CSO in 1 week then I learned with my previous company in 8 weeks!

Cons

What cons? This company values their employees and offers an amazing compensation structure and benefits package! Work hard play harder!

Contagious culture, top notch colleagues and opportunities

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

I cannot wait to get to work each day to be part of our fun culture and experience another day in the life of a Paycom-er. From philanthropic initiatives to in-depth, useful training and amazing benefits it is hard to beat working at Paycom. The desire for growth among individuals and departments is inspiring as it reaches across departments to really transform mindset, leadership and initiatives. We have the strongest and brightest leadership in the business and they continue to expand opportunities for their teams and their future.

Cons

No comment at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest your time and talents in your teams - your leadership is contagious.

Amazing company

Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the best company I have ever worked for. I truly drive to work every morning with a smile on my face. The work you do here truly makes a difference no matter what department you are in and that is truly a rewarding feeling. The company is always thinking of ways to say thank you to employees and you can tell that it is appreciated... The atmosphere and culture is very positive.

Cons

During certain times of the year, long hours may be required. If you are not willing to put in the work needed during these periods, look elsewhere. It is worth it though!

Advice to Management

Continue developing leaders from within and promoting personal and professional growth. Keep it up!

Paycom Response

Dec 5, 2014Representative

Thank you for your review of Paycom! Developing leaders from all levels within our organization is, and will continue to be, a big part of our organization. In fact, we developing additional ... More

NEW! - The Truth - worth the read

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The truth. As an intelligent sales professional in the job market, you have many choices. Reading through reviews, find the winners. There are two categories:

1) Those who made it
        2) Those who “couldn’t make it”

You never find a person who can make it complaining, they’re too busy succeeding or moving forward. Unless planning for failure, listen to the honest success stories.

Paycom is an amazing opportunity. It will not suit everyone, but for those it does, it opens the door to “rare opportunities” that are hard to find.

1) Opportunity. (#1 reason to work here) At Paycom I get to write my own ticket. Paycom rewards top performers, not seniority. That's refreshing from my previous jobs.

2) Great Culture. It’s what makes you happy to come in each day. Every day at Paycom brings new challenges, but the team approach and support system is what drives me forward. Sales Managers and Sales Teams become like a big work family. Doing fun team outings or picking each other up to continue fighting, we're in this together and in to win.

3) Reward for effort. Not just life changing compensation (which even negative people admit is true), but also recognition and personal growth.

Greatest aspects of the corporation:
        1) Strong CEO – Leadership starts top down.

2) Best Product - Hard to believe until you start to compete and see for yourself. So easy to win with.

3) Best Service – Company that can deliver what you promise. It's your reputation.

4) Structured training and support system. The resources are there for those who embrace and apply them. Programs are focused on creating business professionals, not just “sales” people. We also spend a lot of time focused on personal training. You’ll be a better person/friend/parent/spouse after learning the keys to a strong mental game and how to live an executive lifestyle.

5) Dream maker. The right company helps you reach "your" goals.

Cons

It's not easy. There's a lot of information. Requires strong commitment upfront. Have to not only learn product and industry, but more importantly how to solve the real business problems executives are faced with today. It's not a show and tell sale. It's a listen, solve, and build value by helping companies reach their strategic objectives.

In addition, you have to build a pipeline. It hard work, but doesn't take long if you work smart. Paycom provides a strong list of qualified prospects to start with and protected territories. The resources are definitely available.

To be successful here you have to do hard things. Everyone wants the money, recognition, and status this job can provide, but not everyone is serious about the decision to do what it takes. It's not always comfortable. Good news is it gets easy once you learn the material/process and build a solid pipeline. The accomplishment and gratification are worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. In all my years, I've never seen the comp plan change for the worst. I can clearly see our vision and the path to get there.

The best and most exciting company in OKC

Current Intern - Anonymous
    Current Intern - Anonymous

I have been working at Paycom as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is a fun, positive company to work for. I've been employed at Paycom for 3 years and have loved every minute of it. The employees and management are willing to work hard to get the job done, even if it means working overtime and weekends sometimes. If you are not willing to dedicate yourself to your job, this would not be a good fit. However, they seem to have the hiring process down to find the right people. You will be surrounded by smart, energetic, and hard working people here.

The pay starts out competitively with other entry-level jobs but quickly surpasses those salaries. They know their employees work hard, and they compensate them for it when they know they are going to stick around. The health insurance is $1. The lunches and employee activities are great. It's truly a place that strives to do well first by treating employees well.

The company also has its own extensive training program in place. You will never have a question that you can't find an answer to - there's a great support system built inside the company.

Cons

It is hard to take time off, and working overtime during the holidays can be rough as it's the busiest time of the year in the payroll industry. There are also silly activities that can sometimes make it feel more like a high school than a professional atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Listen to employees when they keep saying vacation time is an issue and see if you can fix it. Other than that, best management in OKC by far.

Great place to work for Personal, financial, and Professional Growth!

Current Employee - New Client Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of working at Paycom is that the Leadership team is completely committed to developing its employees. not only at work, but there are training topics that cover Personal growth, Leadership, Professional Growth, and how to manage difficult situations, which we ALL face in our lives.

Cons

This job can be challenging, however, if you like to grow, this is where you NEED to be. If you want to exceed your expectations and flourish, this is where you NEED to be. In business, we are either declining, or growing. Of course, the better end of this is to grow and with that comes Growing Pains!

Advice to Management

Keep driving and encourage people. Keep the culture as Building people up, and not tear them down. Continue to be slow to punish, but Quick to reward. Empower, Motivate, Inspire, Serve, and keep Growing.