Paycom Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Amazing position that provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to launch or elevate your career!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Let me start out by saying this position exceeded every single one of my expectations! - Great atmosphere in the Denver office. All your colleagues are young outstanding professionals who work hard and play hard. You're never short on people to turn to or learn from and every member of the team is committed to your success. They're also great at making you laugh and helping you unwind during those tough days. - The Denver office has arguably the best manager in the company. He's very much committed to your success and ANYTHING he can do to help you out he will. Very easy to talk to and I don't think he ever got mad when our office made mistakes, instead he works with you to turn mistakes into great learning moments. He was also very quick to ride along with you and provide a ton of support on tough accounts. Its rare you find people like him and he was a huge positive factor in my decision to work for Paycom. - Extremely high compensation: $50K base plus uncapped commissions. I know every sales positions says "high earning potential", but at Paycom there's nothing fishy about it and I would say expect to make somewhere in the area of $65K-$75K your first year. - Tons of huge accounts in your territory, these usually equate to commission checks of $10,000 or more! Imagine paying off your credit cards, car payments, and student loans in one commission check. - Great opportunity to build excellent business acumen and overall business knowledge. You meet a ton of great C-level executives and business owners who really rub off on you. - Excellent on going training and support. - You get to manage your own business, territory, and time. Other than a two schedule phone canvassing times and a few trainings you get to plan your day.

Cons

- Job can really become stressful when you have more "to do" items than hours in the day. Most of the "to do" items are time sensitive and really require your immediate attention and this can cause your activity to slip. - The stress of work tends to follow you home on evenings and weekends. But this is common of most highly compensated positions. - Very little vacation time off your first year. The first year on the job is tough and becomes even harder when you have very little time off and really need a mental break. - I didn't have this issue, but some territories can be far which can put extra wear and tear on your car.

Advice to Management

- Continue to: create excitement through incentives and contests! - Continue to: reach out to reps during breaks and off hours to check on stress levels, accounts, and motivate reps through tough times. - Continue to: have managers ride along with reps and get in the trenches with reps! This was my favorite part and was a huge lift during the tough days. - Start: to really work with reps on ways to deal with "burned" prospects. - Stop: Threatening reps with write ups, pay cuts, and demotions. The job is very stressful and becomes even more stressful when faced with these looming threats. I would say to only resort to these options as an extreme last resort.

Great Company Great Pay

Current Employee - Account Executive in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay salary is very competitive coming out of college. It is $50,000 per year plus commission. The company is also very competitive in the industry.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of other then the typical cons of any sales job such as continuous cold calling.

Working for Paycom, has been an rewarding process, not only as a team, but as an individual as well.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pro's for working for Paycom is that this company gives you the tools in order for you to be successful! Therefore, with their team atmosphere, and team oriented model, a person is bound to be successful from their drive and determination from within!

Cons

As for me, I have not seen any flaws while working at Paycom. This company is well developed, giving one another, advice or help along the way. No job is going to be easy, therefore as a dedicated person who wants to be successful; Paycom is the company for you! The Training, the managers, everything is well developed helping you as person become better by making sure you are equipped with what you need to exceed!

Advice to Management

Overall, I believe our management team is excellent! If it was not for them and their advice along the way, it would be hard to really grow as a company unlike we have today. They have set the standards and goals with in each office, giving us as sales representatives the drive and determination we need in order to succeed and be successful within the company.

Paycom is a great company based in OKC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom has a great culture, good benefits, and very pleasant perks. $4 catered lunches give you a good lunch option. Employee health insurance premium is only $1 per bi-weekly pay-period. The gym is great to have around to exercise before or after work, or shoot some hoops or play ping-pong during lunch. The year-end party is a great way to celebrate all of the hard work required for year-end workload.

Cons

Family health insurance is not subsidized by the company, which increases cost drastically. Rumors of going public have been tossed around for years now with no definite time frame given by management. The year-end party is nice, but it would also be nice to have a year-end bonus to go with it.

Advice to Management

Be honest to employees and do anything within reason to reduce voluntary and involuntary turnover. Offer more than just a year-end party in the form of a year-end bonus to share the success of the company with the employees who make Paycom what it is.

Not easy, but well worth it!

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has great compensation all around, and great benefits. Continual education for all employees is essential to the success with Paycom. Every week, they provide the all departments with training. Paycom knows that each employee needs to personally grow, if they are going to grow professionally. Management really does have your back and will go to bat for you when needed. We are continually growing, double in size on average every two years. You have yet to hear layoff and Paycom in the same sentence. It is nice to know that there is stability with the company!

Cons

For Sales Reps - You will work a lot of hours, especially in the beginning, and it is not for the sales rep that just wants to hit quota. You are in charge of the whole sell cycle, so be prepared for cold calling and face to face appointments. All team members - The department you work in wants to be the best, so the expect every member of the team to work that same mentality. We only hire the best of the best!

Advice to Management

Don't jump on problems that need to be looked at 2 or 3 times before reacting.

Hard work pays off here!!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I decide how much money I make! - Great environment, management, and benefits! - We have an amazing product! - Love it!

Cons

- Long interview process. - Hard work, but it pays off big time $$$

Advice to Management

Please continue to be support and amazing!

Opportunity and Career Growth

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Paycom has been a blessing as Paycom is a company on the move. Paycom recently broke ground on an addition to its state-of-the-art headquarters and is a seven year Inc. 500 honoree - awarded to the fastest-growing companies in the country. Personally, I have grown by leaps and bounds as a professional during my seven month career and know there is unlimited career mobility with Paycom so long as I continue to work hard and add value to the company. The management team at Paycom is exceptional. They do a wonderful job of bench-marking the success of their employees and showing everyone the big picture. At meetings management details how its employees are vital to the success of the company and with everyone working together Paycom can and will continue to be the fastest-growing Payroll and Human Capital company in the nation. Additionally, there are a number of great leaders that are passionate about making the company culture the envy of the state. The company's annual Year End Party - thrown to honor the hard work of employees and success of the company - distinguishes Paycom from any other business. It is experience that will never be forgotten.

Cons

It takes time to accrue vacation and sick time.

It Keeps Getting Better

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work atmosphere at Paycom is amazing. It feels like I am truly appreciated for the work I do, and I'm not just a number. I honestly love what I do because I have a variety of duties that are all different, so it's not the same thing everyday! Paycom allows so mych opportunity for advancement. Since I have been at Paycom, I have been privelaged enough to see many people receive promotions, even within my own department. Lastly, Paycom has an amazing training program that allows you to tremendously grow as a professional.

Cons

It takes a little while to build up vacation time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your support allows not only individuals but also the company to grow each and every day.

Amazing work environment!!

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom has a phenomenal work environment. Every one within the company is determined to make Paycom the best in our industry and each employee thrives to be better than the day before. The training department offers various classes each week to help you not only grow as a professional, but as a person. There are also four dollar lunches daily that are catered in from a restaurant... How could you not love that?

Cons

It takes a while to build up sick days and vacation.

Challenging but worth it

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible earning potential, mentally challenging, constantly learning and growing. The environment has become very supportive as the company has grown. The company continues to develop great systems that serve real needs in the business community.

Cons

Like anything worth accomplishing in life success here does not come without difficulty, challenges, and its fair share of disappointments. Not for you if you aren't mentally tough.

Advice to Management

Keep driving development. Keep supporting and growing your reps.

RSS Feed </> Embed