Paycom

Updated August 18, 2014

4.4

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • Amazing base salary and commission structure (in 10 reviews)

• If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

I have worked as a full-time outside sales rep for over four years.

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom sincerely cares about the people that make up their organization! Everything they do is backed by integrity and is designed to develop business acumen, grow individuals personally and professionally, and provide financial security that is uncapped!

Cons

The structure at Paycom is very clearly defined and management of processes and schedules is very tight. You must be willing to conform to a more rigid set of rules and standards in comparison to that of most other outside sales positions.

Has been a wonderful experience to work and grow with the company!

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Not any that I would say

Endless Opportunity, Focus on Development & Growth, Very Competitive Compensation Plan

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the great things about working for Paycom is the opportunity you are given here. I never thought I would have an opportunity to make a six figure salary at the age of 24. The company is growing every year and you can move up into a management role fairly quickly. Compensation is the highest in the industry and they provide a great benefits package. The company invests so much time and $ into each reps personal growth and development both personal and professional.

Cons

You have to be a very driven and self-motivated person to be successful here. If you are willing to commit and put in the extra effort and hard work, it will be extremely worth it. If you are just looking for the cushy salary but are not an overachiever, this might not be the job for you. Mediocrity is just not acceptable at this company. Every day is very busy and it can be stressful at times but its all worth it!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you are looking for a fast growing, record breaking company-apply at Paycom!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- ability to advance your career
    - defined goals in almost every position in the company. If you achieve the goals you are rewarded with professional and monetary growth.
    - amazing company growth unlike anything I've ever seen

Cons

- This is nitpicking, but the onsite gym could be larger.
    - More first year vacation would be nice
    - End of the year can be rough on our employees. It's part of the industry and can't be avoided.

Keep it up. You've got a good thing going.

Life-changing career opportunities

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paycom offers the best product and service in the industry so you can be proud of the work you do whether you are recruiting talent, developing software, selling, marketing or serving clients.
    High growth company that offers incredible leadership opportunities with clear career paths, solid training and a "hard work gets rewarded" culture. I have seen a 3000% growth rate in our company size since I started and it's been awesome.
    Leadership truly cares about employees and offers many perks and benefits that you just don't find at most companies.
    The high standards in work ethic and attitude have helped build a workforce that is well-liked, respected, appreciated and embraced by those who are part of it. Slackers and bad attitudes don't make it which is refreshing if you have ever worked someplace where management didn't care.
    Paycom is not just stable, but successful. Budgeting red tape never slows down progress for worthwhile projects and initiatives. Having worked in the non-profit industry it is empowering to know you have the resources you need to be successful.

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment with all the growing pains you would expect from such a fast-growing company. Sometimes there is more work than people to do it. Sometimes there are more people than provided office and parking space. But you always know it's a temporary situation and the company is continuously working to make things better for its employees and customers.

Don't get discouraged by the comments from any disgruntled employees past or present. Not everyone is cut out to handle the type of success Paycom has and the hard worked required to get it. Know that the vast majority of employees who work at Paycom know how awesome it is and are grateful for the opportunity. Keep up the good work!

If Paycom were an exercise program, I would already have washboard abs.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. They actually give a crap about individual successes.
    As a new employee, when I suggested a better way of doing something in our department they said, "Great! Make it happen!" and gave me full permission to move ahead.
    A lot of organizations will rattle off ten reasons why the idea won't work, then grind it to death under the boot heel of endless approval processes. At Paycom the attitude seems to be "Well, we tried that and didn't get very far. What would you do differently?"

2. There is a culture of rapid improvement that I haven't experienced elsewhere. It's gratifying to see a project go from concept to completion as quickly as it does around here.

3. I like the perks as much as the next person ($4 lunches, etc.), and the pay is competitive, but that's just to get top talent in the door.
    My favorite thing about Paycom is that I feel like what I do matters. I've worked for non-profits and didn't think I could feel as fulfilled "working for the man," but I don't feel that way anymore. Being successful puts me in a better place to give back in the future

Cons

I wish I had more vacation time early on. Flex time or something like it would be nice.

Paycom is a great employer and really makes you feel at home.

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Catered lunch- $4
    Amazing benefits- $1 healthcare and reasonably priced dental and vision.
    Company wide events
    On-site gym- with free classes.
    Growing company
    Friendly people

Cons

IT- On-boarding process
    Vacation and Sick Leave

Paycom is a wonderful company, providing terrific opportunities for both personal and professional growth.

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Paycom encourages personal growth and gives you the tools to become an outstanding salesperson. With an extremely generous benefit plan, they are interested in attracting and retaining top talent.

Cons

You might say that I've drank the kool-aide, but I can't think of any cons for the company. In the early month of working you need to put a lot of energy into the position. But like any other high-paying position, if you want to be successful you have to put the time in.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, creating my own schedule, sense of ownership over my territory, personal and professional growth

Cons

Hard work; however, it pays off

Awesome Company

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom is growing so quickly and there is so much room for growth. There is an EXCELLENT culture and all of the sales reps are like a big family. I feel professionally challenged everyday and I have grown so much through Paycom.

Cons

The first year is very intense because you have to learn so many aspects of a company but after you build that foundation, then it gets so much easier.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!