Paycom Reviews

Updated April 13, 2015
188 reviews filtered by

Good but a little too busy

Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Close knit type of company

Cons

Only close knit if you are in sales

NEW! - The Truth - worth the read

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The truth. As an intelligent sales professional in the job market, you have many choices. Reading through reviews, find the winners. There are two categories:

1) Those who made it
        2) Those who “couldn’t make it”

You never find a person who can make it complaining, they’re too busy succeeding or moving forward. Unless planning for failure, listen to the honest success stories.

Paycom is an amazing opportunity. It will not suit everyone, but for those it does, it opens the door to “rare opportunities” that are hard to find.

1) Opportunity. (#1 reason to work here) At Paycom I get to write my own ticket. Paycom rewards top performers, not seniority. That's refreshing from my previous jobs.

2) Great Culture. It’s what makes you happy to come in each day. Every day at Paycom brings new challenges, but the team approach and support system is what drives me forward. Sales Managers and Sales Teams become like a big work family. Doing fun team outings or picking each other up to continue fighting, we're in this together and in to win.

3) Reward for effort. Not just life changing compensation (which even negative people admit is true), but also recognition and personal growth.

Greatest aspects of the corporation:
        1) Strong CEO – Leadership starts top down.

2) Best Product - Hard to believe until you start to compete and see for yourself. So easy to win with.

3) Best Service – Company that can deliver what you promise. It's your reputation.

4) Structured training and support system. The resources are there for those who embrace and apply them. Programs are focused on creating business professionals, not just “sales” people. We also spend a lot of time focused on personal training. You’ll be a better person/friend/parent/spouse after learning the keys to a strong mental game and how to live an executive lifestyle.

5) Dream maker. The right company helps you reach "your" goals.

Cons

It's not easy. There's a lot of information. Requires strong commitment upfront. Have to not only learn product and industry, but more importantly how to solve the real business problems executives are faced with today. It's not a show and tell sale. It's a listen, solve, and build value by helping companies reach their strategic objectives.

In addition, you have to build a pipeline. It hard work, but doesn't take long if you work smart. Paycom provides a strong list of qualified prospects to start with and protected territories. The resources are definitely available.

To be successful here you have to do hard things. Everyone wants the money, recognition, and status this job can provide, but not everyone is serious about the decision to do what it takes. It's not always comfortable. Good news is it gets easy once you learn the material/process and build a solid pipeline. The accomplishment and gratification are worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. In all my years, I've never seen the comp plan change for the worst. I can clearly see our vision and the path to get there.

Sales- Churn and Burn

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

For the (in my estimate) less than 10% of reps that actually crush it, the comp is pretty unbelievable. Solid resume builder if you can last a year or longer. You'll learn a lot about various aspects of business that are applicable to many other opportunities. I still think the product and service model is the best available option for probably 85% of businesses in Paycom's target market, but that may just be the Paycom Kool-Aid talking.. There's another "pro": lots of kool-aid.

Cons

The rest of these reviews are heavily skewed by management or operations roles at corporate that are completely different and, in my opinion, not at all representative of the typical Paycom Sales Rep Experience. Key things to expect in the sales roles here:

Truly Impressive turnover- 70% of my class was gone by our 9th month. This was typical and my office had even worse figures for first year reps.

Terrible culture- Even the majority of those who excel are constantly debating leaving. They hang on for the next commission check and put up with management until they finally can't take it any more. You will be worked like a dog and given the worst PTO and Holiday policies I've ever seen. Management literally scoffs at, and is baffled by, the concept of work-life balance. There is also constant politicking so be ready to play the game 24/7.

Obstructive micro management- You'll constantly be struggling to balance the work you really need to complete to close business and the busy work your manager makes you do to hit activity metrics that haven't been relevant for years.

Advice to Management

Update metrics that reps are evaluated on to reflect today's sales cycle. Continue moving towards a more modern sales process with SDR's. Get out of your reps way and let them do what they were hired to do.

Dec 5, 2014Representative

We appreciate your post and can assure you that this has been sent to leaders within our sales organization. Regarding the estimated “less than 10%” of successful reps: on average roughly 30 percent ... More

The best and most exciting company in OKC

Current Intern - Anonymous
    Current Intern - Anonymous

I have been working at Paycom as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is a fun, positive company to work for. I've been employed at Paycom for 3 years and have loved every minute of it. The employees and management are willing to work hard to get the job done, even if it means working overtime and weekends sometimes. If you are not willing to dedicate yourself to your job, this would not be a good fit. However, they seem to have the hiring process down to find the right people. You will be surrounded by smart, energetic, and hard working people here.

The pay starts out competitively with other entry-level jobs but quickly surpasses those salaries. They know their employees work hard, and they compensate them for it when they know they are going to stick around. The health insurance is $1. The lunches and employee activities are great. It's truly a place that strives to do well first by treating employees well.

The company also has its own extensive training program in place. You will never have a question that you can't find an answer to - there's a great support system built inside the company.

Cons

It is hard to take time off, and working overtime during the holidays can be rough as it's the busiest time of the year in the payroll industry. There are also silly activities that can sometimes make it feel more like a high school than a professional atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Listen to employees when they keep saying vacation time is an issue and see if you can fix it. Other than that, best management in OKC by far.

Great place to work for Personal, financial, and Professional Growth!

Current Employee - New Client Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of working at Paycom is that the Leadership team is completely committed to developing its employees. not only at work, but there are training topics that cover Personal growth, Leadership, Professional Growth, and how to manage difficult situations, which we ALL face in our lives.

Cons

This job can be challenging, however, if you like to grow, this is where you NEED to be. If you want to exceed your expectations and flourish, this is where you NEED to be. In business, we are either declining, or growing. Of course, the better end of this is to grow and with that comes Growing Pains!

Advice to Management

Keep driving and encourage people. Keep the culture as Building people up, and not tear them down. Continue to be slow to punish, but Quick to reward. Empower, Motivate, Inspire, Serve, and keep Growing.

If you want a career Paycom is the best.

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Promotes from within, competitive salary levels, excellent training team that provides continued education for employees, competitive benefit packages, and a upbeat and "fun" culture to be a part of.

Cons

We only hire the best so the interview process is intense. To become a Paycom employee is a badge of honor.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your people, they are the future of the company.

Nov 17, 2014Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience at Paycom! You are right on the interview process as Glassdoor ranked Paycom one the Top 25 Most Difficult Companies to Interview!

Best Career I Ever Had!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

All the change and opportunity is by far superior to any other company I have worked. Any position here is challenging but the bigger picture is always explained and we all know what we are working towards.

Paycom gives you the opportunity to innovate and create change. There is not a lot of red tape here. You have an idea, go for it. You are highly encouraged to help grow the company and find better ways of doing things. In turn, this makes you a more experienced professional and builds your business intellect.

There are so many things that the HR team and department managers give us to make an incredible working experience.

Cons

We definitely need more internal efficiencies. We are growing so fast and there are the normal growing pains but we are really good at perfecting our processes. Automation would rapidly transform our business to become even faster growing. More people energy could go into innovation and progress if we spent less time on manual work.

The amazing thing about "cons" with Paycom, is we quickly address and make change happen. Nothing remains a "con" for very long.

Advice to Management

Continue to give us the opportunity to help grow Paycom. Continue to provide feedback, praise, and gratitude and your employees will continue to stay loyal. Continue to hire intelligent, hardworking, innovative, contributors. Consumers with victim mentalities will only slow us down. Continue to grow yourselves, each other, and all your employees into competitive business professionals. I challenge you to grow Paycom at 50%!!!!!

Nothing But Lies! No Diversity, All Good Reviews On Glassdoor Are Fake:

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits Are Ok But Thats It

Cons

Warning!!!!!!!!!! Anytime You See This Many Good Reviews They Are All Fake Even The Best Companies In The World To Work For Dont Have This Many Reviews That Are Good. The Reviews Are Fabricated By Paycom. Just Last Year Alone Our Reviews Were Very Bad But Paycom Had A Solution To This By Developing Good Reviews Themselves. They Also Have No Diversity And They Dont Want It Either, Racist, Pay Should Be Better For This Industry. We Were Ask To Post Good Reviews Online And We Would Get Bonuses. Keep In Mind I Wasnt Willing To Do It Because It Would Be Nothing But Lies And Im Sure Someone Will Add More Lies After This Review But Its Sad How Things Are Ran Within This Company. They Dont Want To Hire Anyone Of Color Its Terrible For The Company they prefer people that look like me and them WHITE, they dont believe that anyone that is a person of color would be able to be trusted by business owners and sell payroll and they believe that people of color cant sell at all and it makes the company look bad this is how the entire company is if you dont believe me look at LinkedIn and call corporate and ask how many minorities( African-American, Hispanic, Asian, etc) do they have on staff. Anyone That Has More Then 2 Jobs On There Resume Is A Job Hopper, Prefers College Graduates So They Can Do Whatever They Tell Them, Management Is Terrible one you are hired And Most Dont Know What They Are Doing Especially There Recruiters What A Joke they also have a certain type that they like to hire again look at LinkedIn they eventually will have a class action lawsuit with all of there dated practices, This Is The Worst Place I Have Ever Worked. They Actually Want People To Believe That This Is One Of The Best Places To Work In America When All Of This On Glassdoor Is Fabricated By The Owners, Management, And Hr. This Company Lives In The Ice Ages And They Will Do Anything To Make Potential Employees Believe That They Are A Good Company To Work For. There's Better Companies In America That Appreciate Diversity, Pay Well, And Have Great Management, And Excellent Benefits. Paycom Is Nothing What People Are Saying In These Fake Reviews My Advice Run And Dont Even Waste Your Time With Paycom Unless You Want To Be A Part Of The Revolving Door They Are Always Hiring They Cant Keep Sales Reps And If They Hire You And You Are A Person Of Color If You Cough Wrong You Will Be Fired It Goes On Throughout The Company.

Advice to Management

Terrible. Get All New Management in every department!

Nov 17, 2014Representative

We understand that not all posts are positive. In fact, we embrace all feedback, both good and bad. However, this post violates many of the Glassdoor Review Standards as it’s unbalanced, full of ... More

More work than employees can handle and stay sane.

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Benefits, Corporate perks like cheap lunches, and a Gym that employees can use.

Cons

The company went public this year and stopped hiring even though business was coming in at a growing rate. This has made work life at Paycom very concerning. Turnover of great employees has resulted from this.

Advice to Management

You need to hire at a lot faster rate than you currently are. There are workers doing the amount of work that 3 people should be doing.

Nov 3, 2014Representative

Thank you for your post and letting us know about your concern. As one of the fastest-growing companies in the country, we continually work to add talented employees to our staff. In fact, we are ... More

My experience was very pleasant.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paycom offers great benefits to their employees.

Cons

Paycom has a ranking system with their employees.

Advice to Management

They shouldn't rank their employees and should treat them more equally.